Vogue Paris July 2020 : Mica Argañaraz by Nathaniel Goldberg & Natasja Madsen by Henrik Purienne

I just hate Mica's cover. The vagina cover is quite refreshing, altough not something I want in my collection.

Grace Elizabeth or similar would have killed the main cover. The entire set up just screams glamour, and then there's Mica who is so far removed from glamour it's not even funny. She doesn't even know how to carry all this maximalism, the big hair the luxury, tight-fitted denim. I find her pose very awkward.
Interesting that it took her this long to book a second VP cover but then I recall the last one sold rather poorly.
I'd have taken that Purienne cover alone, to be frank.

Happy for Goldberg though.
The problem is that is if it was Grace Elizabeth then I would 100% have to buy it.

I just hate when they cut the « G » of Vogue. It’s just me but everytime it bothers me...Even more when there’s a white background.

That being said, I like the two covers. Timing is again in her favor and people are enjoying simple pleasures again and there’s definitely a sense of freedom around in France (and even more in Paris since people can travel from Paris to others région in the south of France).
I don’t mind the denim this time because I guess it’s a easy « dressing up/down » piece.

The second cover is fabulous! Very « LUI » and at the same time very VP, very unorthodox and risky in those times but it’s the kind of freedom France allows compared to the US or even UK. And you see @Benn98 , the second cover could have been done by Dan for LUI.

And you see @Benn98 , the second cover could have been done by Dan for LUI.

I was thinking of that as well! And Dan would have taken it up a notch. When you remove the overt sexuality from his work for Lui, you're essentially left with the type of edit that would appeal to the VP's moneyed readers. Very stylish and very French.

I love the second cover. It makes me miss Carine even more..

I quite luv it but I must say that Goldberg and Purienne could get vp covers only thanks to the lockdown... they’re not vp level, not vp main Eds level.

Nathaniel Goldberg photographed Karolina Kurkova's cover back in March 2001 and I can also remember a few others stories by Goldberg under Carine Roitfeld's tenure. Goldberg has also done a few of those Miss Vogue features under Alt - which of course aren't 'main' editorial level, like you described. He is, however, the last person I would've thought Alt to approach for this.

Once again, Emmanuelle Alt has hit the nail on the head and deserves a round of applause. This pandemic is a true testament to these editors (and the industry as a whole) but Alt has produced Vogue Paris with an effortless ease here. Neither of these covers compromise the typical Vogue Paris aesthetic.

Mica Arganaraz has never looked so good, love the longer length hair, the looser curls and the double denim (a VP staple) looks fab with the white backdrop and contrasting red fonts. The other, as sultry and Hans Feurer-esque as it is, looks more like a supplement cover. Nevertheless, I’m a fan! :heart:

Nathaniel Goldberg photographed Karolina Kurkova's cover back in March 2001 and I can also remember a few others stories by Goldberg under Carine Roitfeld's tenure. Goldberg has also done a few of those Miss Vogue features under Alt - which of course aren't 'main' editorial level, like you described. He is, however, the last person I would've thought Alt to approach for this.

Once again, Emmanuelle Alt has hit the nail on the head and deserves a round of applause. This pandemic is a true testament to these editors (and the industry as a whole) but Alt has produced Vogue Paris with an effortless ease here. Neither of these covers compromise the typical Vogue Paris aesthetic.

Mica Arganaraz has never looked so good, love the longer length hair, the looser curls and the double denim (a VP staple) looks fab with the white backdrop and contrasting red fonts. The other, as sultry and Hans Feurer-esque as it is, looks more like a supplement cover. Nevertheless, I’m a fan! :heart:

i know bout Goldberg, back in a day he shot so much and i really loved him in Numero in 99-2005, W magazine 1996-2003, Mixte 1996-2002, then he started to do some really boring commercial like Carter Smith for Allure in 2015 and so on... He is now like b or even c-list photographer so its kinda weird seeing him doing cover for VP.
We haven't seen the inside yet, may/june was really disastrous issue...

Mica's cover would have been ok for September I guess, for July alone, it just doesn't match. I have to say she looks better with this hair though!
I'm happy for Natasja Madsen, although it's a missed opportunity to actually show her stunning face. She would been sensational on a summery cover.
Also lol @ the 100% produced during the "lockdown" , especially the lockdown being in quotation marks like it's some sort of irrelevant thing

Such a pleasure to see Nathaniel shoot this cover. He's a great photographer, and it's kind of sad to see what happens to photographers like him who get shunned from the spotlight (fall from grace?).

I just can't stand this ugly Vuitton on Mica though (yay, different hair! Only took like six years!). Any other outfit and the cover could've worked. Is that from the as*trocious F/W 2020 collection?

I love both of them! Mica might have been better for a different issue, as others have stated. But, I really adore this shot of her, even if it's not completely July worthy. The second is kind of giving me an early 2000's Summer vibe. Love it!!

Such a pleasure to see Nathaniel shoot this cover. He's a great photographer, and it's kind of sad to see what happens to photographers like him who get shunned from the spotlight (fall from grace?).

I just can't stand this ugly Vuitton on Mica though (yay, different hair! Only took like six years!). Any other outfit and the cover could've worked. Is that from the as*trocious F/W 2020 collection?

The outfit is just pieces from the « boutique » collection of Vuitton for thé summer season. So I guess Emmanuelle picked what was in the store and styled it.

For a second I thougut the other cover was a jeans bikini...:P

The Purienne is far more interesting.. they should have just left it at that... we don't need mica's glamour cover in a time like now..

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Derekz7
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->