Vogue Paris July 2020 : Mica Argañaraz by Nathaniel Goldberg & Natasja Madsen by Henrik Purienne

I can't possible dislike any of it. It would've been a fine regular summer issue to be honest - much better than other editions of Vogue - but when you consider the pandemic hurdles, you realize that it is actually a stellar outcome. Alt didn't rely on mediocre selfies or gimmicky hand drawn stuff but instead produced an issue with a clear VP identity. You have to give it to her, she made no excuses and brought her A-game unlike any other editor out there.

Amen.

Anna’s ed reminds me so much of the Daisy by MJ campaign with Kaia but at the same time, the entire ed could be a campaign for a Chloe fragrance.

This issue is really impressive and what I think is the most impressive is the fact that the clothes doesn’t even matter. Those are just great photos and the whole thing is super coherent. VP is about attitude.

They didn’t just received the clothes, they followed a direction. I’m very critical of Emmanuelle but this is the ultimate proof of her being totally in control of her vision.
You can do a solid issue without runway clothes...

Farnieti (And Edward) could learn from her.

^Very true.

Emmanuelle just shows us that she is the most consistent EIC of them all. COVID or not she will serve you denim, glamour, sensuality and dream. I love how she managed the past months to say a big f*ck to the all fake genuine covers and editorials made by the others.

You can do a solid issue without runway clothes..

As a matter of fact, in all three "self styled" eds I've posted, everything except the Saint Laurent by Anthony Vaccarello (HTT worn by Anja Rubik, turtleneck sweater and jeans skirt worn by Rianne van Rompaey & the last dress worn by Anna Ewers, which could be bought at Mytheresa) and that Philosophy by Lorenzo Serafini blouse (worn by Rianne van Rompaey) are Spring RTW 2020 runway looks.

In other words, (when it comes to fashion magazines) clothes ALWAYS matter. (Unless you are Emanuele Farneti, but that's a whole another story… :D )

Rianne van Rompaey wears Celine by Hedi Slimane, Dior, Miu Miu & Alberta Feretti

Anna Ewers wears Alberta Feretti, Zimmermann, Etro, Dior & Valentino

vogue.com

Last edited:
↑ Btw, this last Valentino dress really is a peace of art :heart:, it's too pity that due a bloody Covid-19 situation we - if I recall it correctly - didn't have a chance to see it in its full glory! :(

As a matter of fact, in all three "self styled" eds I've posted, everything except the Saint Laurent by Anthony Vaccarello (HTT worn by Anja Rubik, turtleneck sweater and jeans skirt worn by Rianne van Rompaey & the last dress worn by Anna Ewers, which could be bought at Mytheresa) and that Philosophy by Lorenzo Serafini blouse (worn by Rianne van Rompaey) are Spring RTW 2020 runway looks.

In other words, (when it comes to fashion magazines) clothes ALWAYS matter. (Unless you are Emanuele Farneti, but that's a whole another story… :D )

Rianne van Rompaey wears Celine by Hedi Slimane, Dior, Miu Miu & Alberta Feretti

Anna Ewers wears Alberta Feretti, Zimmermann, Etro, Dior & Valentino

vogue.com

LOL it looks like boutique stuff...
Now I don’t know if my compliment is actually a compliment but it’s well styled anyway.

What a stunning issue!!

Considering how these were executed, if I were Alt, I'd also be that cocky. 100% produced during lockdown indeed!

À LA CAMPAGNE
Photographer:
Cass Bird
Stylist: Géraldine Saglio
Hair: Cim Mahony
Make-Up: Petros Petrohilos
Model: Mica Argañaraz

Vogue Paris Digital Edition

MICA
Photographer:
Mica's boyfriend
Model: Mica Argañaraz

Vogue Paris Digital Edition

I still can't get over how gorgeous Mica looks with long hair. It completely changes her look. The cover story is one of her best editorials to date. Incredible!

The irony that this is one of Alt's best issues of Vogue Paris ever...
White the other editions of Vogue this month look like someone's Instagram page.

^ exactly what I thought... Alt’s big ego helps VP this time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alcatrazadam
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->