Vogue Paris May 2016 : Lottie Moss & Lucky Blue Smith by Mario Testino

Weird that so many people find this issue good. Or weird that they find the rest of VP issues bad if they consider this good, because they've been doing exactly the same as of late:

* Boring Testino cover story with nepotism girl - check
* Lifeless Sims ed styled by Suzanne - check
* Boring "one brand ed" by Sims - check
* Glamour worthy Feurer ed with lots of denim - check
* Beyond boring beauty ed - check
* Femme fatale-VP cliché ed - check
* Beyond boring and filler studio eds (Sims and Demarchelier) - check

And Taylor is totally miscasted for a Demna ed. Poor girl, she looks so out of place.

The execution is better this time.
That Feurer ed is the weakest in the entire magazine. So bad!

I agree about the Demna ed. Those clothes looks so banal worn by a regular VP girl. Maybe with a different styling it can works but it's quite unmemorable like that.

Very good content, yet an awful cover. So many shots would have made a better cover, it's ridiculous.
"Fever" with Imaan Hammam is crazily good, one of my favorite VP editorials in a long time! Congrats to Imaan.
I hope next month's cover won't disappoint, (sigh).

Ben Hasset's story with Arizona is the best for me. Some colour and life for a change!! So is the Sims/Balenciaga feature. It's a shame it was wasted on Taylor Hill. Overall this issue again feels overwhelmingly vintage again, even with all the new faces. From the styling to the photography. Doesn't bode well for June/July.

Anybody speak French? :rolleyes:

réalisation means production --does that mean the person who came up with the whole story/edit, and wrote it as well? (Referring to the pages posted on this page)

^Yes. It's the equivalent of the fashion editor/stylist. I don't know if the writing is done by the same person though. But it seems logical that it is.

Last edited by a moderator:
Could someone please upload Demna's profile? I am eager to read his first Vogue profile (that I know of), I would be so thankful if someone could please share it. :flower:

^Here is the interview without the Taylor pics:flower:

Vogue Paris May 2016 Digital Edition

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cerezitas
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->