Vogue Paris October 2008 : Christy Turlington by Inez & Vinoodh

Well i will buy this issue for an obvious reason called Christy Turlington. I don't understand why people are so crossed with Supers. To be honest I am dead bored with Raquel, Isabeli, Freja, Sasha, Karen Elson, etc as well but I am not protesting when they get covers... newer generation of models does not deliver for me at all... I think everyone should have place in fashion and certainly models like Christy...

The cover is ruined by the ugly sweater....Boring to die...H&M or Zera came to my mind when i saw it...And i can't see Erin's ed..could Mod reupload them ???

quite a nice cover, too bad they didnt wrap her in that D&G headscarf too :cry::heart:

i like the slimane's editorial, i cant help thinking of ash stymest (cover boy of VHJ, also shot by hedi) ... maybe they should have used them both, like in that a is for androgyny edit from september interview with freja and stas among others :heart:

The cover is ruined by the ugly sweater....Boring to die...H&M or Zera came to my mind when i saw it...And i can't see Erin's ed..could Mod reupload them ???

Imageshack is down right now so you'll have to patient & wait because I haven't got time to upload to another host & repost them. Meanwhile you can see them at models.com if you want to.

Demarchelier's ed is styled by Carlyne Gere :blink: A new fashion editor at Vogue Paris is pretty unusual.

you mean Carlyne Cerf de Dudzeele??i don't know Carlyne Gere...i google "Carlyne Gere" and there's only one search result..:ninja:..it's this page..

I actually like Anna's ed a lot, thanks for posting. I really like Erin's ed too, but I definatly agree with OhJane that Natasha would of done better imo. Only becuase she's my favourite model. But I supose it's nice for a change to see someone else :innocent:
I can't wait to get this issue

Well i will buy this issue for an obvious reason called Christy Turlington. I don't understand why people are so crossed with Supers.

My problem with the supers,besides the fact that I'm tired of their image, is that they are photoshopped till oblivion, what do people want to see? The supers in 2008 or a digital recreation of what they looked like in their prime?
That's why all their the covers look "fake" to me.
The other day I was reading an interview with Christy and the interviewer said that although she was gorgeous she DID look her age( he meant it as a compliment by the way). That's what I wanted to see, not this empty image that it's not her.

Anna S is so boring... :innocent:
I want to see Malgosia so much! She can't do wrong!
Nippon cover was so much better in my opinion.

The cover is beyond boring, and considering the stunning ed that Christy did for W recently (I don't remember which month) I would expect something a bit more interesting. And of all of the supers, she's one of the few that doesn't grate on my nerves, so I would've liked to see something great. But then again, it's I&V and their appeal has eluded me for quite some time now.

The Erin ed is just so predictable at this point. Yet another homage to Helmut Newton in Paris Vogue, where's the surprise in that? I feel like I've been seeing that same image of the super glam woman stalking the Paris streets at night with gritty lighting for the last 2 years straight, from ads to editorials and from countless different photographers. Granted it's Terry Richardson we're talking about and the only thing he's good for is poorly photographed portraits of trailor trash in white rooms, but I do expect better of Carine and co.

Last edited by a moderator:

thank you Diorette:flower:
christy's face looks amazing, and i love the styling.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redspot
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->