Vogue Paris September 2014 : Natalia Vodianova by Mert Alas & Marcus Piggott

Fashion Night Supplement cover should be the real cover - it is just so beautiful. that smile .... :wub:

Glamorama
Model: Raquel Zimmermann
Photographers: Mert Alas & Marcus Piggott
Stylist: Joe McKenna

Hair: Shay Ashoual
Make up: Lucia Pieroni
Nails: Pauline Boom

HQs without text

photocouture-show.com

Glamorama looks a bit similar to their story with Anna Ewers, despite the styling. Anyone else who thinks so? Those glossy plastic jackets, foil shirt, industrial vibe.

^Yes!! The overall feeling! This is one is just B&W

^^ Yes but I think most of their work look the same and not in a good way. To me this glossy plastic look is very old-fashioned dated

^^ Yes but I think most of their work look the same and not in a good way. To me this glossy plastic look is very old-fashioned dated

I also think it's a dated trend but Miuccia brought it back with Miu Miu, and because she's Miuccia now we will see an overdose of eds with this trend for the next months until Resort 2015 starts to show up on editorials. :flower:

Well the best thing about this issue is Bensimon, Andreea, Arizona, Clément, and Magdalena, the other eds are good but they have no energy... I had such high hopes! And last year was so good that Mert & Marcus grunge ed, and this year the whole issue is really lackluster and silent.

I'm completely head over heels for the cover, regardless of it looking exactly like the image out of Vogue Russia. At least Mert & Marcus weren't ripping off anyone else's work. A perfect cover image with a massive thumbs up from me! :heart:

The content however leaves me a little cold. Raquel must have come so close to snagging the cover of this issue, it's so blatant. Why else would the magazine commission a separate shoot just for the cover? Purely for the sole purpose of using Louis Vuitton? I mean it's not like we haven't seen it before but seems very suspect here. Raquel's edit is fabulous nonetheless. The blunt blonde hair looks amazing with Raquel's structured face. McKenna's styling is lackluster but when a model of Raquel's ability is involved, the clothes become secondary. I'm all over the Fashion's Night Out story and that shot of Magdalena holding the Black Opium bottle!

I'm wondering where the glamour went this time? Glamour is something I associate with the Parisian woman and the main stories all have a grunge or androgynous feel to them. What's with VP using bland newbies? First time in ages where I feel underwhelmed with Vogue Paris.

I actually like the content, except for Frenchy and Glamazon.

The supplement is better than the entire issue, some really greats shots and Andreea looks so amazing here.

I wouldn't go that far saying that... the supplement reminds me of things we've seen before

Dull! Raquel's pages is so Love-under-Katie-Grand.....so fresh!

Surprisingly I love Sims/Alt ed, all things Frenchy just make me weak.:P

Love seeing Grace. She's a total cutie and she looks like Françoise Hardy.

That said, not even her or Raquel can save this issue...

I'm surprised so many people dislike it. If I forget about the awful cover, it felt like a solid issue to me while I flicked through it. I especially liked the Vuitton ed.

Fashion Night Supplement cover should be the real cover

I've just seen the whole ed and I sort of like it. ^_^ I mean, it's beyond corny and cliched, but it's cute in a way.

Magdalena has amazing limbs (although she should squat a bit...) and Clément is the perfect French man. :heart:

^ I really like the editorial, Magdalena and Andreea steal the spotlight for me. That should've been the main editorial, it's tons better than the other ones. And the cover would've definitely made a better cover than that almost reprint.

Arizona looks gorgeous in the Bensimon ed, even in the eating pictures.
It's a cute editorial, very light and stands out from everything else.

I must say the cover looks far more impressive in real... I bought it but found the issue quite underwhelming for September especially...

it seems to be like a great issue !!
the Betty Blue editorial is gorgeous, and takes me back to the first time i saw betty blue (everyone should watch this movie!) when i was a kid, and thought beatrice dalle was a darker/punk version of Bardot. and felt in love with this woman.
great !!

the casting is perfect (almost) in the whole issue. that girl in betty blue is perfect. and that mica is sooo beautiful ! hope to see more of her in editorials. she looks raw and natural, but not in the "organic-whole-food-LA" kind of way. more raw like a volcano in iceland.

la vie en rose is a bit too "happy" and "cheesy" for my taste, but i love this shot with the girl handling her saddle. i mean so vincennes' bourgeoise (i never ride on the west side of Paris... so, there might be another reference... ahah). like it. but it's mostly something i would flip through pretty quickly. there's no real "catching" moment. maybe the final shot with magda in black.

just one thing : please stop it with Carla ! and stop editing her like she needs that much blush on her face. it's really not appealing. she looks much better with a natural make-up.

HQ Cover & Cover without Text

photocouture-show.com / worldmags.net/

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jarenabrilcoleman
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->