Vogue Paris September 2018 by Mikael Jansson & Inez van Lamsweerde & Vinoodh Matadin

that shot of Elle is perfection! I think it so captures the essence of why she's so iconic - the body. If they'd dressed her up in something avant garde it just wouldn't be doing her legacy justice. SO excited to see Maggie Rizer!

Kate Moss by Mikael Jansson:

The issue became available on newsstands in France today, but no signs of the digital edition online as of yet!

^To give you a preview...
(if it's risky due to copyright, please notify me and I will delete it)

Claudia Schiffer by Gregory Harris

Elise Crombez by Mark Kean

Naomi Campbell by Mikael Jansson

my snaps

Last edited:
Anyone interested in supermodels will have seen these people in editorials many times better than this - back when something like this would have run as the third story in a February issue, not as a major Vogue's entire selling point for their September one.

Personally I love these editorials, I like the simplicity as it makes you focus on the beauty of the models! Yes we have seen better work from all of these girls but they all look beautiful! I’m obsessed with the ‘collage’ images of Naomi!

Kate's editorial is just stunning! Perfection. And Maggie is looking radiant.

Truth to be told, an A-list cast change everything. Suddenly, even the lazy styling of Saglio is magic with a model like Claudia...
We have seen a lot of those models in various publications, doing more or less the same type of eds but we never had that much
Star Power in one issue....Even more in Vogue. This is something like VI under Franca could do but today? I don't see anyone going for that.

So for that alone, this issue is covetable!

But, Emmanuelle did that! Her two eds are perfect...She really challenged Naomi and Kate and those eds are somehow very glamorous! Too bad the covers didn't have the same energy. It's sad.
Seriously, this is Naomi's best ed in years to me!

The third ed is bleh. I mean, great cast but so underwhelming in terms of styling. It could have been more impactful as a "collections" ed. I wouldn't mind seeing full runway looks instead of this styling Aleksandra tried to do.

I like Elle's ed and Yasmin is quite good too.

Oh Valentine27, thank you SO much for posting these photos for us! This reminds me of the good ol' days when we'd sit in anticipation for the issue to drop, and someone would kindly upload some snaps when there wasn't such thing as digital extractions. Thank you!

This seems to be the most solid issue Vogue Paris has done in months, and there's no way I could complain about the model. Yasmin Le Bon's such a nice surprise, as are both Stephanie Seymour and Elise Crombez.

Naomi's pages is very Meisel-for-Vogue-Italia-under-Franca. I am not complaining because we hardly see these dynamic studio jumping editorials nowadays.

Claudia saved the boring jeans styling otherwise it would have looked like GAP-esque. :rolleyes:

Great casting anyway.

HUGE THANKS FOR Valentine27<3

Thanks for the snaps.
I think that the content is much better than the covers.

The ed with Naomi is absolutely amazing ! This September issue is one of the best because the models are super-models, they know how to elevate the styling and to be into the characters. Quite clever from Emmanuelle Alt, knowing how weak her team's styling is.

Thanks for posting all the snaps!!!

Everything looks pretty epic. Especially the I&V ed :heart:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andy190
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->