W March 2017 by Mert Alas & Marcus Piggott

vogue28

Mod Squad Team Leader
Staff member
Reaction score
Donatella Versace, Taraji P. Henson, Jennifer Lopez, Jessica Chastain and Kate Moss:

Here is the cover in HQ:

wmagazine.com

I love it! the crispiness, the 2000s glamorous throwback, the styling, the cast (even Lopez). LOVE IT! :D
Thanks for sharing!

Yes, but the composition is terrible! It looks like they were all cut and pasted. I actually like all these women separately, but not together like this. Poor Donatella received the harshest level of retouching known.

I like the idea of putting these five incredible women together but it's evident in the HQ cover that they were shot separately and then photoshopped together. I get that it's nearly impossible to get them all in the same place and at the same time but at least they could have done a better job with the editing.

The editorial looks rather Steven Klein, no?

Horrible!!

My god!! It's 2017, and we are STILL turning women into CGI animees!! For crying out loud, look at that shot of Taraji, i wasn't sure if its J.Lo for a moment!

I will NEVER find this appealing, EVER!! In fact all i wanna do is stab them in their super plastic looking faces!!!

And did they even pose at the same time? This looks fake from every point!! Incredibly sick of Tonchi&Enninful BS work for this magazine!

This is probably one time when I wouldn't have minded if each person featured had appeared on their own cover.

The cover looks like those promotion picture for ANTM cycle 10.

The girl group my wet dreams have been waiting for...& I didn't even know it!

Obsessed!!

Looks like Versace Fall 06 campaign but i like it! I'm enjoying the editorial as well.

I'm appalled by the white washing in Taraji's solo shot.

ahahaha :D:P but that´s what I love about it actually :lol::flower: They look bad-***, very 2000 indeed and the hair and the blackness of the clothes, it looks high fashion and cool and like a Versace campaign indeed. I´m not even bothered that Kate Moss is there, in fact one of the rarest times where I see her still as a good model. Great job W, although the layout could have been much better with a bigger title and not so thin coverlines which say nothing really. I have to applaud them to have photoshopped these ladies in the same shot, I have never thought of doing that for my magazine and it´s genius. :smile:

This!! But I wish it could have been executed better with all of them actually interacting so there xould be a lot of dynamics. I mean, these ladies are powerforce. At least make use of them.

The cover is horrifying. But what's new? This isn't Tonchi's W Magazine we're talking about.

However, I will say that J.Lo's shots in the editorial are pretty gorgeous. Wouldn't have minded if this was a solo editorial with a cover to match the inside story.

That's Taraji in the editorial? Thought it was Gigi Hadid with a wig.

Shame that they couldn't choose a picture where you recognize her.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MicheleO
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->