When Did You Start Wearing Makeup?

I took dance when I was little, so I wore make-up for that starting at 10 or 11. I started wearing lip gloss the summer before I turned 13, lightweight lipstick the summer before I turned 14, clear mascara that fall and regular mascara, powder, blush and eyeshadow the following spring. I was and still am a lipstick/lipgloss addict.

By right, i started at 12 atualli, that time was for a dance performance i had to put on.

But by left, i started at 4? I used to love 'colouring' my mouth my my mum's lipstick. hahahaa..

I started putting a little bit of make-up on when I was around 13 .. or something like that. I normally NEVER really wear it, because I don't like painting my face. But sometimes when I'm going to a party or something else I like to put some make-up on :smile:

i started wearing just a little bit of powder when i was in 9th grade for shine control purposes only. and then i started wearing a little bit of other stuff like eyeliner, mascara, and blush after that. Now i'm limiting my makeup, bc i regret ever wearing it. When i wash my face from anything i put on, my friends say i look the same with or w/o makeup. But i got so used to wearing it, it's kind of all in my mind how i see myself in the mirror. You know what i mean? But yeah... i love how ppl look so beautiful w/o makeup at all. So i'm just trying to wean myself from it all. I'm down to tinted moisturizer, little bit of bronzer and eyeliner now.

When I was in 8th grade, I bought foundation and wore it into school. It was sooooooo dark (and I am pale white) and gooped on...I had no clue how to apply makeup! In high school, I never wore makeup at all because my skin was great, but my senior year, I decided to start to accentuate some of my features. Now I would not leave the house without it on!

well, when i was grade eight i just know who to put on like full make up (dark eyshadow and lip gloss) and stuff (like im those people who just know how to put on stuff, weird enough) but now im in gr11 and i dont regulary wear make up, it drains too much time from me @_@ but sometimes i will just play with it :smile:

Last edited by a moderator:
I am very suprised that people wear make up at such early age....
I wore my "make up"---foundation and lipstick for my first time when I was 18, for prom...and never after...I must be wierd.

augustus said:
I am very suprised that people wear make up at such early age....
I wore my "make up"---foundation and lipstick for my first time when I was 18, for prom...and never after...I must be wierd.

You're not weird at all. I used to wear make up all the time and now that I'm 24, the less I wear, the more natural looking my face is. :P Unless I have somewhere real important to be, I glam up a bit.
I started wearing make up around 13 or 14.

hi everyone i'm new! just got on yesterday. I've always liked makeup but never bought any until i was 16! But anyone who had makeup i would sneak theirs...heh heh. My grandma gave me some of her unused lipsticks when i was six. And then I got her estee lauder mascara when i was 12. Amazing it was. My mum doesnt wear makeup tho her mum does. I thought u'd follow ur mum? Does it skip a generation? lol. my aunt doesnt wear any either. Now i have lots of makeup and can't get enough! :smile:)

I started late, when I was 15-16. I think it's not late, personally, but considered to the society, I think so. Most of the people at my age I know started when they was 12-13.

I started playing with makeup since I was like 4. I would put it on next to my mom and my aunt worked at a salon so I recieved tons of free makeup. I remember my favorite was the orange lipstick. :P But of course it was nothing more than dressup until my 13th birthday when my mom bought me the basics and gave me makeup lessons everyday.

She stressed being natural but of course by the time I was 14 I caked it on. I would wear shiny wet looking gloss :sick:, black eyeliner and mascara with huge amounts of bronzer and bronze foundation with blush on top!! (I have pale skin so obviously this look was very wrong.) Then around age 16 I finally learned how to use the smallest amount of makeup possible with the maximum effect of bringing out my features. My mother was right after all.:lol:

Now I use...

-an eyelash curler
-brown mascara
-blistex
-brown or white eyeliner
-foundation that precisely matches my skin tone
-concealor
-Thats it!

Last edited by a moderator:
I started wearing it regularly when I was 14, but for carneval I've worn some before as well.

First makeup stories...I remember being around five or six and seeing my mom's eyeshadow stash. It had around 50 colors and I remember trying all of them on. I always wore makeup for fun. Then I rember being in the middle school and that's when all of the other girls started makeup. It was horrible: Tons of foundation, powder, and the glitter. I avoided makeup until I was around 13. It was awful though: I used to use my mom's makeup (she never used it) but we have radically different skin tones because she's full Filipino and I'm half black and take the skin color from more of my dad's side. I would wear this awfully light makeup that didn't match the rest of my body. Thank god I discovered the beauty of allowance money. Now, I don't really wear anything except mascara and lipgloss. Mascara was the "miracle" for me.

I think my favorite makeup stories aren't about me. I remember in middle school girls would come to school without makeup. Then, the first thing they'd do is go to the bathroom in packs and share horrible makeup. Tons of caked on powder, blue mascara and eyeshadow, and lipgloss. Glitter, Glitter, Glitter. I think I was more grossed out by the fact that they would share everything. Then, before they went home they would all go back to the bathroom and wash it all off. Too funny..

I'm almost 20 and i still don't wear it. I would, however, like to learn how to wear eyeshadow and liner because I find alluring eyes so sensual.

I was 11 when i started to put on some lipgloss and mascara, now i use blusher, eyeliner and mascara, it takes for over 15 min. to put in on, its kinda weird, i guesss:P

Age 14. :blush: WAY too early. I was obsessed with foundations and lipstick for exactly one year, then promptly lost interest. Interest hasn't been revived since, altho sometimes I wear a little lip color when I'm going out at night.

when i was younger i used to put lipstick on and play dress up.
but i actually started wearing eye shadow and stuff in grade 7. lol

Around my Junior year in high school because of Homecoming and Prom, then again my Senior year. These days I dont wear it much, but its fun sometimes to just get dolled up for no reason.

since age 12... i love makeup but not to much and not heavy look... i love the lancome lip glos... i use him about one year...

Since I was about 13..
I started wearing eyeliner, gradually moving on to mascara..eyeshadow etc
I never wear foundation, my sister is always nagging to do my make up and one thing i really can't stand is foundation, it just seems so fake!
I have had a lot of problems with eye make up..I started to wear mascara and I got a really bad reaction to something and the underneath of my eyes was really red! I went back to eyeliner, went on and on trying to find out what it was..had to stop wearing some products but still have no idea why or what the reaction was all about!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AntonHansen100
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->