Who will be the next face(s) of Prada?

Well, RV and MH :smile: Was there anyone else who was "turned around"?

That might be an indication. Eitherway it would be nice to see models again in a Miu Miu campaign

i would LOVE for heidi and vlada to do the miu miu campaign. it's the only way i could bear to look at those clothes in magazines. ugh.

i too think sasha will continue her reign at prada, although i'll go out on a limb and say if sasha's reign ends, i can see miuccia picking isabeli fontana for the campaign (or at least the possibility of her doing miu miu). i can't picture a new girl doing the campaign.

Chabanenko doesn't do it for me. She actually reminds me a bit of Sasha, somehow. They could do this campaign together for all I care, but when Sasha finally retires, and it's time to find THE new Prada girl, I hope they'll go for someone completely different...

I'm not exactly sure where I should put this, feel free to delete post if it is not in the right place...

Prada Casting Director Accused of Bribes

Mar 28, 2008 @ 2:06pm

prada%20campaign.jpg
We were going to call this post, "The Devil Scares Prada," but instead we'll get right to the point:
There's a swirl of agents and casting directors buzzing about a very dire rumor. Some have accused Prada's longtime casting director, Russell Marsh, of accepting bribes from IMG and Women to put their girls front and center in Prada and Miu Miu's casting. According to the rumor, Miuccia's team had no knowledge of the bribes, and according to Style.com, the evidence that IMG and Women girls are usually on Prada's opening and closing moments (and of course their Sasha Pivovarova campaigns) is quite solid. Although we've always believed that those two agencies, collectively, have the best stash of girls anyway. It's also true that Meghan Sutherland had a Prada moment last year, but you may have noticed she was missing this season from the runways...
Furthermore, there's an email going around, purportedly from Russell Marsh to his contacts, saying he needs to "go away for a while." But we remember when the faux Olivia Palermo email got out last year, so we know how easy it is to forge an email address.
So why is this rumor going around and around?
Either it's true, or a very vicious agency feels violated because their best girls got nixed from the Prada runway or campaign, and they decided to take matters into their own hands.

from fashionista

Last edited by a moderator:
thanks for the VP pic.

Interesting article. Who is that Meghan Sutherland? All I can think of is Meagan Collinson

who's Meghan Sutherland? never heard of her

it must be Meghan Collison
since she was a campaign option and then disappeared

Ohh you are probably right. Sutherland?? Where did they get that from?! haha

it must be Meghan Collison
since she was a campaign option and then disappeared

thats what i thought too, but she is from Women/Supreme so that doens't add up if the article is true.

Fashionista:

Prada Casting Director Accused of Bribes

We were going to call this post, "The Devil Scares Prada," but instead we'll get right to the point:
There's a swirl of agents and casting directors buzzing about a very dire rumor. Some have accused Prada's longtime casting director, Russell Marsh, of accepting bribes from IMG and Women to put their girls front and center in Prada and Miu Miu's casting.

According to the rumor, Miuccia's team had no knowledge of the bribes, and according to Style.com, the evidence that IMG and Women girls are usually on Prada's opening and closing moments (and of course their Sasha Pivovarova campaigns) is quite solid.

Although we've always believed that those two agencies, collectively, have the best stash of girls anyway. It's also true that Meghan Sutherland had a Prada moment last year, but you may have noticed she was missing this season from the runways...

Furthermore, there's an email going around, purportedly from Russell Marsh to his contacts, saying he needs to "go away for a while." But we remember when the faux Olivia Palermo email got out last year, so we know how easy it is to forge an email address.

So why is this rumor going around and around?

Either it's true, or a very vicious agency feels violated because their best girls got nixed from the Prada runway or campaign, and they decided to take matters into their own hands.
(Surely they meant Collison...but that's not the point of this post)

:flower:

^No, the point of this post is certainly that the suspicions that many of us had, regarding some agencies preferential treatment may certainly have been valid. I think the notion of breaking up the casting dictatorship on taste is promising, though whomever cast the next show is certainly going to have some big shoes to fill.

Collison, Sutherland; tomato, tomatoe...:lol:

I think Meghan is more suited to fall campaigns, what with her dark hair and sort of hard edged beauty.I would love to see her in the fall Prada campaign(with Jourdan Dunn possibly?).

there is so much scandal surrounding the prada show castings/campaigns.

and what do they mean by meghan having a "prada moment?" she was in the prada sport campaign, and then rumored to have shot and then have been cut from the spring campaign, which she apparently never did at all. she hasn't done any prada or miu miu runway either.

I don't see what Meghan Collison has to do with anything. Models get axed from campaigns all the time so I'm not sure what point they are brining up though.

As for Marsh accepting bribes I have no idea, but knowing that Marsh has good relationsihps with Women and IMG, it's not uncommon for those friendships to help out when it comes to booking an agencies girls. If theres bribery who knows..

and in the end isn't it up to Miuccia to pick the girls? Marsh can stuff a casting book full of IMG and Women models but whether Miuccia picks them or not is a different story again.

Huh? I thought it was normal business - the whole agencies buying slots in shows...(e.g IMG and Women for Prada) which is why we'll never see some of the real small agencies have girls in the big shows.

A bribe is different...it's not legitimate business. I don't think you need to pay tax on bribes :wink:

but I don't get why they'd have to bribe him if IMG and Women already had the majority of spots legitimately? or are they specifically talking about who opens and who closes?

And I don't get the part about Meghan missing from the Prada runway this season... it's not like she changed agencies, nor did she ever open or close one of the shows.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DPepic
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->