Who Will Sweep Up At The S/S 09 Shows?

So after having given it a few weeks, I truly think that this could be a breakout season for Lakshmi-she is truly one of a kind and after the amazing campaigns she has got to get a lot of bookings. I am hoping that with the bangs that Alice can break in even further. I hope that since she switched agencies Ajuma can finally have a decent season. Obviously Jourdan is going to have a huge season, walking anything and everything.

And I doubt any of you will understand this, but at least in New York I am pushing for Deanna Miller's comeback-she resurfaced at both Fashion Rio and Miami swim week, so I see her having the potential to at least show up in a couple of places.

this is gonna be the first season in NY for Sigita Nedzvecka. i think after working for Teen Vogue, Amica,Mixte and French magazine she has good chances to book some nice shows.
wish her the best
Sigita is not going to do nyc fw, also the same with Luize Salmgrieze, Svieta Nemkova, Laine Ragova etc :cry:
I guess thre must be some visa problems between Latva and USA !?

I have a feeling Natalia Chabanenko and Anna Selezneva will do very well. Natalia I love and will be very pleased, not sure on Anna, I can't decide. For me, I loved her at first, then I went off her very quickly, her features look very rugged and coarse to me. But I'm sure she is very nice so I wish her and all the others best of luck!

^I'm not so big on Anna anymore either and I don't think Ntalia will have a stellar season. Maybe in Europe but I can't see her doing New York. I would be glad if she will though!

i personally think that Edita V is going to be the break out girl with back to back editorials and that numero cover it should be possible.

Im also hoping to see a lot of Jessica DesBrisay, gorgeous girl I think she could do really well.

I just saw this on The Imagist

SCOOP DU JOUR: PARIS INVADES NEW YORK
Submitted by Wayne on Tue, 2008-08-19 21:17. Anna S Elite Paris Eniko Fashion fashion gossip Gerald Marie Hiss Squd Marilyn Model Mgmt Models Public Image Silent Models Wilhelmina
Is it a sign that NY is vulnerable? Or is it that still raging Euro? Whatever the case, the Hiss Squad has been assuring TI that several players of varying scale, size and leverage have been buzzing in and out of NY with plans to crash the NY modeling agency party. Most wanted editorial babe Anna S of Silent has NOT been placed with a NY agency...which means casting directors seeking her services will have to speak to Silent directly..Shhhhhhhhhhh...and Elite Paris Gerald Marie is been rumored as being involved in a really, really big plot RE:NYC. The re-set continues....In the meantime...Kevin Apana, formerly of IMG's Men's division and Public Image answering his phone this week at his new Wilhelmina desk. Headed there now to sip some hiss.

PS Marliyn's Eniko is set to be a big big moment. New York didn't get her last season, but a lot of the people-who-matter now have. Stay tuned!

474.jpg

daul kim at elite! =)

I never keep up with models anymore... they've become so disposable. I haven't kept up with a new wave since Catherine McNeil. Seriously. :ninja:

I feel the same i dont know half of these girls on the Dark horses lists and most of the models o the other lists i have no idea who they are as well, there are soooooooooooooooooooooooo many models, i feel like i am in a uphill battle with roller skates on trying to learn all of these models names/faces. :innocent:

^those models confuse me too.:lol::lol:I just take notice of those who i find attractive and unique.:lol::lol::lol:

I'm rooting for Cato van Ee, Ymre Stiekema and Arlenis Sosa to make a big impact.

And I hope that Aline Weber, Anna J, Edita and Karlie Kloss will continue to get bigger.

i think daul will have an amazing season she is the only asian who shot with miesel in a zillion years? and her card looks amazing. she was really dark horse, and also i think sesilee wont do so well... and arlenis is overated.

i love aline weber, but i wonder if she will do well in ny. she is quite edgy for newyork market.

I can't wait to see how Ataui turns out. She's got the genes of a runway queen, so I hope other casting directors see that. ^_^ She's got great potential to start a new trend in models.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blipster
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->