Who Will Succeed John Galliano At Dior? #2 *Update Raf Simons Offically Hired*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who should be at Dior? Well, Galliano. I think that whole thing was exaggerated. The whole industry knew that Galliano was not the toughest guy around and that he had problems. But they kept on demanding more and more and it ended that way.

Yes, it was unfortunate what he said, but the mass hatred was unbelievable. It was like if all people suddenly forgot that we all once said something really harsh. I think that apology would have sufficied, taking in account his condition. Alcohol, medicaments and possibly drugs - if I were under such pressure, I might have ended like that too.

I think it is too easy to smite someone without asking the reasons. He happened to be, in my opinion, the first victim of the today's fashion industry, where designers are often prisoners or perhaps even slaves of their brands. So I'd say he should be reinstalled and - although I'm not a fan of his work, but I recognise the genious he is - continue doing what he does best: Dior.

Oh well. If they keep making profits, then just keep the guy. At the end of the day, it's the sales that matter; not who fashion fanatics think should be at the head of the house. When the sales start decreasing because people are tired of Gaytten's work, the Dior people will quickly find a new designer.

Oh well. If they keep making profits, then just keep the guy. At the end of the day, it's the sales that matter; not who fashion fanatics think should be at the head of the house. When the sales start decreasing because people are tired of Gaytten's work, the Dior people will quickly find a new designer.

It is truly sad that it works the way you described, but you are right. Now when the handbags matter... It is like there is not much space for fashion in the fashion industry.

^That's true. But fashion is an art form AND an industry. We (or many of us here) may focus on it as an art form but fashion has to be worn and not everyone is called Anna Dello Russo. Fashion has to be worn and seen in the streets, by people who don't give a damn about who made their dress.

I recently heard someone saying that you had to chose between being an artist, or being a brand. I think it perfectly sums up where we are today. Fashion houses, from Dior to Zara need people to buy their stuff on the largest scale possible in order to be profitable. Great artists who don't sell just can't survive, look at Christian Lacroix! The man is one of the most talented of all, yet he didn't sell well and had to stop. I believe that all he has now are licensing deals, which is tragic when you think of who he is and what he's capable of... As sad as it might be, one side of fashion is to be a business and business has rules.

Okay, this is just crazy!!! Raf is not going to Dior. And Tom was asking too much! Status quo continues

twitter/veljkogavril

I was just about to asking if there are any new updates.

My prayers have been answered. Raf needs to concentrate his attention on his own line. It's evident he is doing too much with the mediocrity of his recent Raf Simons collections.

Tom?? What? Is Tom Ford in the picture now? Or did I just miss a key piece in this never-ending puzzle that is the succession at Christian Dior. I still can't believe Marc Jacobs requested such a ludicrous amount for the position. He should either have accepted the offer or stayed at LV. I lost so much respect for him when I heard about that. Now Ford too? Raf needs to stay away from Dior though. His style isn't consistent with what I've come to love from Dior.

Last edited by a moderator:

the latest financial statement from lvmh would support your opinion. it's not just what's best for dior, it's what's best for the entire conglomerate....:innocent:

Luxury Love-In | ELLA ALEXANDER | 03 February 2012

LVMH has boasted a revenue rise of 16 per cent over the past year, accumulating in €23.66 billion (£19.65) - thanks to a 27 per cent boost in Asia and at Christian Dior.

The luxury conglomerate's chairman and chief executive Bernard Arnault reported that Dior had had an "excellent year", despite the Galliano scandal that took place in the early 2011. The iconic brand saw revenues advance 22 per cent to reach €1 billion (£831,014) for the first time ever.

Although Arnault did not divulge Louis Vuitton's annual results, HSBC analysts predict that the label made €6.5 (£5.4), billion. The LVMH boss did, however, add that smaller brands such as Celine and Loewe had seen a positive year.
"We are generating remarkable growth numbers," he told WWD. "I'm not promising another Louis Vuitton, but we certainly expect new businesses of the same calibre."

(source: vogue.co.uk/news/2012/02/03/lvmh-2011-revenue-increase)

If Gaytten stays at Dior indefinitely, Dior will certainly not be worth the time looking at.

They should just let this guy stay. He did a good job with the last couture collection. He just needs a bit more polishing, but he has potential and the numbers are good. There's no point in finding someone else IMO.

^ You were celebrating way to soon it seems. :P

I guess this rumor turned out to be true, so happy if it indeed happens!

Jil Sander company has just confirmed that Raf Simons is leaving
twitter.com/CathyHorynNYT

Last edited by a moderator:
oh god. so those rumors... were true? i mean where is he going / what he is gonna do if its not heading to dior? oh god.

It cant be a coincidence, but if he isnt headed to Dior then i will laugh so hard at this damn mess!

It is said, that there will be an announcement about his future shortly.

Hmm... But it doesn't mean that he is going to be the new Dior designer :wink:

Perhaps he will succeed Stefano Pilati at YSL after all?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
carolreefs
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->