Who Will Succeed John Galliano At Dior? #2 *Update Raf Simons Offically Hired*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Raf Simons' minimalist style seems more suited to YSL than Dior. I love him, so I hope he ends up somewhere, but IMO Dior is not right for him.

Anna Dello Russo told us she thinks Raf Simons is NOT headed to Dior

Anna Dello Russo shared her insight on the matter with us.

“It’s really a shame for me [that Raf is leaving Jil Sander],” she told us. “He did an incredible job.” It’s true–ADR is not the only person who’ll be mourning the loss of Raf at Jil. But what about Dior? Perhaps we’ll get to see Simons’ expert design skills put to good use at the storied French house?

“No I don’t think so,” Dello Russo told us. “I wish, I wish, but I don’t think so. Because actually that rumor was a long time ago.”

“I think he will concentrate on his own line, [with] his name,” she said. “I think maybe adding womens next to men.”

Whether Raf goes to Dior or not, we really hope Anna is at least right about that womenswear line!

fashionista

Theres new rumor that Raf Simons is going to YSL, while Stefano Pilati will go to Dior!

How reliable is ADR? Seriously, ahaha. I don't want to be mean, but her crazy attires make it hard for me to take her serious or credible.

As much as I love Stefano, Heidi at YSL and Raf at Dior would be my dream.

No!!!
I really love Pilati at YSL. And as great as I think Raf is, I still can't see him as a Dior designer. I really wish Raf could just stay at Jil Sander and Pilati at YSL, and then Dior could replace Bill Gaytten through some other means? This whole switcheroo doesn't seem right to me, and my biggest worry is that the bigwigs don't care about apparel lines' DNA.

And all this controversy as a result of anti-Semitic remarks ...

To blame Galliano for all this "controversy" doesn't seem fair, does it? I think fashion was due for a shift. I don't like this shift, nor was I expecting it, but I honestly don't think anti-Semitic remarks are the root of this problem...

Now Rumours Suggest Christopher Kane is to Replace John Galliano at Dior

The never-ending designer musical chairs is all anyone can talk — and tweet — about this Milan Fashion Week. First came the news that Raf Simons is leaving his position as Creative Director at Jil Sander, cemented by an emotional farewell during his final show this weekend. Earlier today, Yves Saint Laurent confirmed Stefano Pilati will be ending his tenure at the brand, with the possibility of Hedi Slimane taking his place. And now the rumour mill has thrown another name into the mix: Christopher Kane.

In her column for the International Herald Tribune, Suzy Menkes addresses the current 'firestorm' buzzing through cybersphere and reminds us of those Dior rumours. 'The drama that started almost exactly a year ago with the breakdown and departure of John Galliano from Dior has spread across the fashion universe,' she notes.

The respected fashion writer goes onto talk about the successful collaboration between Donatella Versace and Christopher Kane, but asks 'what if — as the rumor mill claims — Mr. Kane has been put up for the Dior job?' Oooh. His whimiscal designs would certainly suit the French fashion house's fantastical femininity, from gingham to his current collection of floral confections.

Back in August 2011, Cathy Horyn mused that Kane 'needs a bigger stage for his imaginative fashion. Just about everyone in the business is curious to see what he does each season. And working with Donatella Versace has enlarged his understanding of big brands' — so could the Scot be the man for the job?

At the British Fashion Awards in December, Grazia Daily asked the London-based designer, who showed his Autumn Winter 2012 collection last week, who he'd like to see stepping into John Galliano's shoes at Dior. 'I don’t want to say,' he told us. 'It’s such a hard place to fill and John Galliano was such an amazing designer, so we’ll see.'

graziadaily.co.uk

Well, it's sounds good.

BTW I have to say I was really afraid before reading your last post Tarsha, I thought it was about Raf as new Dior creative designer :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
carolreefs
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->