Yves Saint Laurent F/W 09.10 : Christy Turlington by Inez & Vinoodh

it looks horrible!

She looks old, the clothes look ill-fitting... it is like an 80s catalogue shot selling for some cheap dept. store! Yuck!

I'm surprised at how much I like this. I can't wait to see some more..

The new one looks better. But I just can't warm to them that much because the clothes are ugly.

I don't like it.I expected to look much better.

haha this is so tacky i really like it.
the whole thing feels like such a slap in the face of good taste and everything considered merely normal. not that i would associate such an approach with YSL, but it is what it is. a monstrosity that feels kind of refreshing and... nice?
makes me laugh.

So is YSL doing a Pant boot this year then? Lagerfeld had done stiletto pants in one of the early 2000s collection, though the whole creation of a pant boot goes back to the 50s or 60s I believe. Though YSL's take looks to be a "overalls boot"

From what I can see this is not a jumpsuit, or overalls, but really a pair of boots. So forget the thigh high, or crotch high... guess these are breast high

I'm so dissapointed, I didn't know what to expect but certainly NOT this.... blah :(

okay, i've come to my decision, and that is i'm disappointed. it's such a downfall from last season's ad. :(

Very dissapointing after Claudia last season... (and it's not because I prefer her over Christy - both of them are amazing IMO. But this defenitely could've been done better.)

christy turlington still sells? i didn't know we stopped producing iconic models in the nineties. i love the christy turlington canon, but seriously, with a collection THIS futuristic, ysl needed a fresh face and a edgy campaign.

last season we had Claudia, before that Naomi and before that, Kate. so i think it's pretty safe to say the supers still sell. :innocent:

seriously, the hair, makeup and ysl frame idea are so good. i hope this will get better.

last season we had Claudia, before that Naomi and before that, Kate. so i think it's pretty safe to say the supers still sell. :innocent:
Or that the people who are buying the clothes aren't doing so because they see a particular model wearing them in the ads.

My whole issue with this is the same as my issue was with the Naomi ads last fall. These rely entirely on the fact that there's a vintage super modeling in them. Other than that what can be said? That these are interesting? That these are really striking? That these are just such well done photographs that they don't need to be either of those things?

I don't think you can say any of that about these two images posted so far. But I will say this, they suit the collection perfectly. :innocent:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->