Yves Saint Laurent F/W 09.10 : Christy Turlington by Inez & Vinoodh

Or that the people who are buying the clothes aren't doing so because they see a particular model wearing them in the ads.

My whole issue with this is the same as my issue was with the Naomi ads last fall. These rely entirely on the fact that there's a vintage super modeling in them. Other than that what can be said? That these are interesting? That these are really striking? That these are just such well done photographs that they don't need to be either of those things?

I don't think you can say any of that about these two images posted so far. But I will say this, they suit the collection perfectly. :innocent:

Very few ads can truly accomplish all you have said and demanded. Especially in today's magazine and ad campaign universe, very very very few indeed.

The so-called interesting ads usually end up not showing the clothing properly like last seasons Jil Sander, or even if they somehow manage to, they all look like a repetition/imitation of something that was done before it seems.:(

^ I didn't mean to say I look for all of those things when I look at ads. I'm happy just finding one of them, but unfortunately these ads have none.

Are those the only 3 shots for the campaign? Apparently, accordinig to WWD, there's a nude male model in this too.

SKIN IS IN: A naked man is back in an Yves Saint Laurent campaign — albeit in the background. For the French house’s fall-winter campaign, Spanish supermodel and Kylie Minogue squeeze Andrés Velencoso figures as a “sculptural element” in racy ads featuring lots of black leather, pin-striped flannel and Christy Turlington, her hair swept back by Luigi Murenu, her lips painted vivid red by Tom Pecheux. YSL’s Stefano Pilati has been on a supermodel kick for several seasons and Turlington follows campaigns with Claudia Schiffer, Naomi Campbell, Kate Moss and Gisele Bündchen. YSL said the ads break in August magazines and will also appear in its “Manifesto” advertising flyer to be distributed worldwide on Sept. 12. YSL first made waves with nudity in advertising in 1971 when the founding couturier posed in his birthday suit for YSL Pour Homme fragrance. — Miles Socha
WWD

I can't see him in the background :blink:

^ I didn't mean to say I look for all of those things when I look at ads. I'm happy just finding one of them, but unfortunately these ads have none.

I think last season's Prada was like that. Sheer beauty and genius. Also Meisel's Versace and Testino's Gucci. I used to love Lanvin's efforts too but lately, even they seem to trade style over substance way too much for my taste.

Maybe these brands need to work with newer and younger photographers to get something a bit more fresh and juicy. Then again, I almost hate everything I&V does, so who am I to remain objective here in this particular case?

Are those the only 3 shots for the campaign? Apparently, accordinig to WWD, there's a nude male model in this too.

For S/S 09 there were 18 shots, so I'm assuming there if more to come :flower:

I love Christy, she's mega beautiful, but not even she can save a collection so disastrous. Yves Saint Laurent has been boring for ages and the sad thing is I know Pilati can do better, MUCH better.

The campaign itself is pretty ordinary. I like the concept but the photography looks amateur. They made Christy look like Yulia K.

It was a terrible collection and this is a terrible campaign. Let's just forgot Fall 2009 altogether and look forward to Spring 2010 for Yves Saint-Laurent. Surely, it can't be any worse than the travesty that was Fall 2009! :lol: :innocent:

unexpected (christy)...not that bad but not absolutely wonderful. people seem to be disappointed !!

LV sucks, YSL sucks... let's hope that Balenciaga, Lanvin and Dior will deliver something decent at least.

Very neat, stylish and slightly intense. I love this campaign.

IMG_0415.jpg
IMG_0414.jpg

photos taken by vogue28 from UK Bazaar August 2009

aaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhh.... make it stop!!!!!!!!!!! pleaseeeeeee!!!!!

^ ^ The first pic is... horrible :ninja: I shouldn't have made any judgment before that..

Last edited by a moderator:
What's the point of Andres Segura's arms coming out behind her?

Last edited by a moderator:
That is sooo gross: she looks like a human-spider wearing the most hideous article of clothing the house of YSL ever produced.

Even Christy cannot make these clothes look half-decent.

I have to see more to decide. Great thing about fashion is people have different tastes... otherwise we would all dress the same and then complain how nothing was unique

I know, but cut me some slack here, I mean Buddha arms??? really?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chikirin
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->