Yves Saint Laurent F/W 09.10 Paris

this is so awful. the only worthwhile look is the leather zip-front bodysuit and that awesome shoe/boot......WEEERK!!

I just hate leather in every form!!!!
Some pieces look good and thats about it, its not BAD is like UH?

there are some lovely pieces here and great work looks. But for me, the model choice doesn't work. I don't know anything about models, but I find them all quite 'young' looking, and thus it kind of just looks like dress-up and you don't get that strong feminine feeling. I think this is the sort of collection that would look great on the right type of person

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh I don't know about this.
It's sort of ridiculously boring. . okay what am I saying sort of?
It's disappointingly, appallingly boring.
This season is just like a huge continuation of spring. 99% of the collections are dull and uninspiring and mega disappointments.

And it seems that I am the only one that likes the bathing suit on Trentini :ninja: *hides*

I actually love that bodysuit but it makes absolutely no sense in this collection which is downright dowdy and hideous. If Yves Saint Laurent had anything, it was a flair for making women look like women, even when the clothes were androgynous.

This, however is so utterly lacking in femininity that it is borderline rude. Imagine 75% of those outfits on a real woman of real stature and shape... it's not a pretty sight.

I really liked Pilati at first. His work was very Parisian and romantic with a nod to the past and a foot planted in the present. Somewhere though, he decided to strip his work of any frou-frou and everything became so cold and unmemorable. That was not the way of Saint Laurent and it should not be the way of a successor. I'll take Tom Ford's worst YSL collection over this any day.

It's too harsh and though I look some looks I wish there had been some color
or something to "soften" the look

I always have wished Pilati would deliver a true YSL show , but he doesnt know how to , which is ironic , Marc Jacobs , Balenciaga , Lanvin and Givenchy have adapted YSL's ethos and looks in their clothes now and have done so brilliantly , esp since his death . Pilati totally ignores that slap of sexuality YSL's clothes had , putting red lipstick and heels doesnt equate to sexuality , or this season a latex bathing suit . He seems stuck in those same hideous 80s shapes(for past 3 years) , he needs to move on .

wow...i find myself loathing his work season after season!! just hasn't got that something something anymore!!
:heart:

Don't you just people love to exaggerate.. Sheesh..

Nothing new or ground-breaking here [the bathing suit is nice but random], but actually, it's quite sophisticated, perhaps a tad too mature.

no i dont think so most TFSers have been pretty fair with Pilati but enough is enough .........

I actually find this collection quite lovely ^_^....it has very subtle details that make clothes great, and make women like clothes....I think it is pretty solid,the striped skirts with the white blouses are superb 21, some great dresses and jumpsuits. It's not a highlight of paris but is will do well retail talking.

By Cathy Horyn

I went on to Saint Laurent. It was a fascinating show, though certainly somber and maybe, in the end, lacking in soul. Stefano Pilati, playing to a crowd that included Catherine Deneuve and Betty Catroux, opened with black leather—beautiful, loose-fitting motorcycle jackets, a pair of overalls and a black bodysuit (frankly, I thought it needed bunny ears, after the Newton image). The collection was predominantly gray flannel, gray pinstripes, crisp white cotton shirts (some with billowy sleeves) and a lovely charcoal wool flecked with Lycra, which he used for two simple shifts. The show had a cool sense of seduction—more seduction than sex appeal—and I liked the generally slim line, with a number of jackets and cropped trousers cut on the round.
It was all highly wearable, if a bit like a Mary Poppins spoonful of medicine. I want to mull it over a bit.

pilati is getting a little lazy with the cuts, no? all the tailleurs look good et al, and the pallette... grey is my passion so what can i say really...
however, i get the feeling that all of this looks way too edition24, way too safe, way too constricted... who are we mourning (saint laurent encore?... if so, it wasnt a good homage)... i mean, it's crisis we are in, not post-war, hm?

What happened to him? Seriously! Ever since Yves died, it's like he can't handle the pressure or something?

Honestly, I have not liked one thing he has designed since Fall 2008. Something has changed in his collections. I don't know exactly what - but something has changed (for the worse).

There's no romance left in his aesthetic. It's just hard-edged and tough.

And besides that, this is monotonous and boring. He does the same grey/leather/white shirt thing every Fall season. From Fall 2006-Fall 2009, he has worked with that gray flannel relentlessly. It's getting boring. Pilati offers nothing new anymore.

He used to innovate and create really brilliant and emotive collections. What happened? These clothes look dead.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't think pinstripes is the most original way to reference menswear... I'm quite bored.

i am not all that wowed..other designers have done this better this season...

I feel out of my depth posting in this thread as I'm really not as clued up on the catwalks as you guys and in fact reading your posts I feel quite stupid! But the collection to me looks pretty blah, kinda good intentioned but missing the mark. But for me the shoes look great. Are there any better shots of them around as I can't find any. Sorry if they've be posted elsewhere.

What happened to him? Seriously! Ever since Yves died, it's like he can't handle the pressure or something?

Honestly, I have not liked one thing he has designed since Fall 2008. Something has changed in his collections. I don't know exactly what - but something has changed (for the worse).

There's no romance left in his aesthetic. It's just hard-edged and tough.

And besides that, this is monotonous and boring. He does the same grey/leather/white shirt thing every Fall season. From Fall 2006-Fall 2009, he has worked with that gray flannel relentlessly. It's getting boring. Pilati offers nothing new anymore.

He used to innovate and create really brilliant and emotive collections. What happened? These clothes look dead.
So absolutely true. For me, it all went downhill after FW 07...ever since then, he's just lost it entirely.

Seriously, Stefano couldn't have made a more boring collection if he tried. This is SO awful. As I'm typing this, I honestly can't even remember what a single outfit.

Nail on head....exactly.....what can you remember from designers this season...that is the key....

So absolutely true. For me, it all went downhill after FW 07...ever since then, he's just lost it entirely.

Seriously, Stefano couldn't have made a more boring collection if he tried. This is SO awful. As I'm typing this, I honestly can't even remember what a single outfit.

generally this season is lacking personal statements, except a few......

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
treasureagence
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->