Yves Saint Laurent F/W 10.11 : Daria by Inez & Vinoodh and Adrien by Kacper Kasprzyk

^ I like the last two shots, I think it's better than previous.
Thanks, NeverDrinkAgain.

im loving this campaign more and more. YSL hit all the right notes in this one.

Even though I'm not a fan of that wig on Daria (though she totally rocks it anyway) - this is simply amazing. Totally chic and what I want to see in a YSL ad.

thanks NeverDrinkAgain but can someone kindly repost those two shot with another image host cuz i never can fully see the images on that site

Actually these are little size images, but I've uploaded for you.

wwd.com via NeverDrinkAgain

i think it's quite logical how both Inez&Vinoodh and Stefano Pilati try to revive YSL heritage spirit with ed campaigns in a rather modernized way. that said, this campaign is certainly more retrograde in its spirit than, say, Kate knocking on YSL doors one shot few seasons before. the latest campaign, just as fw11 collection did, bears more resemblance to the original YSL work and feels quite archive-y. but i still love its 1960s Left Bank spirit, radical and bourgeois at the same time.
source www.fondation-pb-ysl.net

Attachments

• ysl fw1969 double.jpg
    ysl fw1969 double.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 30
  • ysl fw1968 double 1.jpg
    ysl fw1968 double 1.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 19
  • ysl fw1968 double 2.jpg
    ysl fw1968 double 2.jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 22
I guess seeing those YSL heritage images, puts the campaign into perspective. Thanks for posting those, much appreciated.
The new shots are certainly stronger than the first set, even if they are similar. Loving the wig on Dara too.

Naturally I can't wait to see more of Daria and Inez & Vinoodh, working together!

I guess seeing those YSL heritage images, puts the campaign into perspective. Thanks for posting those, much appreciated.
The new shots are certainly stronger than the first set, even if they are similar. Loving the wig on Dara too.

Naturally I can't wait to see more of Daria and Inez & Vinoodh, working together!
Yes, that's what i was gonna sayB)

the new shots
06-9.jpg

ysl.com

i just can't wait for more!!!~~

It's me or she looks shorter here ?
Still I'm really impressed by the campaign.

I can't get into the dress pictures because of the bare legs, but I like the ones in pants (although not blown away) and I like the wig in most of the pictures. I particularly like the first one here and the third one in this set.

This is such a great, classic campaign. One of the best this season.

I love Daria's expression in that last picture, it's so pensive yet vulnerable .

that wig on daria :yuk:

even though I love daria, this campaign looks so boring. Inez & Vinoodh could do better.

HQ's

*scans by vogue28
from UK Elle September 2010

a masterpiece of austere and eyecatching all in one... delightful :heart:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andy190
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"