Alexander McQueen Mens F/W 07.08 Milan

r105478415.jpg
r2198511877.jpg
r640368973.jpg
r3161130906.jpg
r3683886841.jpg

yahoo

That futurism for men is becoming ever more apparent...

The venue looks particularly apt.

It's a different direction for him, I guess. But is that a good thing? It may get better, but McQueen's menswear is always a little disappointing. I like the first black suit with the blue accents and the red coat, at least. Not wearable, but nice.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey! I just came back from the show...it took place in underground metro and was very original. Awesome music, with wolfs in the background and time from time the sound of subway..the guys were amazing. They all had contact lenses in and were walking kind of robotic...very cool! Oh and the invitations were...this huge, plasticky things! haha

Alejandro said:
f*ck me!!!

:rofl:
lol! :woot::lol:

The venue is amazing! Seems like the military idea that seems to be a trend already in general is more about the protection because I see so much covering up and guarding (ie necks seem extra high and cover the mouths sometimes like at Costume National and here and breast plates at Emporio Armani) It's all so interesting how everyone is on the same page. That's what always boggles my mind. :ninja:

Judging by the pieces above it seems this collection is exploring a somewhat constrictive side to menswear. The coats are tied tight and the bright blue braces ensnare the model at the top right.

Interesting indeed.

There's a hint of crime-scene or something here too, the plastic coat, the covered-up black-clad "thief".

i like ittttttt!! especially the pvc coat is very nice! creative and innovative, but something o.O

quite good! but i don't like the word "future" as a trend... it might be edgy or fluor maybe something else we havent thought of yet... but future, in fashion, is next season and we really cant go further than that :P big fashion statement anyway and i love and support it!!

tuxedos in this show too! you spotted the first one chez Versace Salvatore and i love the idea!

Bright blue accents always remind me of someone rather... dear... :ninja: McQueen and I must be on the same wavelength this F/W.

Dustcakeboy said:
There's a hint of crime-scene or something here too, the plastic coat, the covered-up black-clad "thief".
That sounds about right. I also perceive the outfits with the long coats in post #21 as very 'film noir detective', possibly since I'm looking for continuations of the theme and wouldn't know better otherwise. Love them, nonetheless -_-

and that cobalt trimmed frock coat on the first page is just beautiful....

i really love what i see so far. can't wait to see in it's entirety.

and i adore the sound having the wolf sounds on the soundtrack rather cool. makes me recall his Sleepy Hollow collection.

i wonder if this means he'll do futurism for the women's show too :/

masquerade said:
i wonder if this means he'll do futurism for the women's show too :/

I don't know, but I surely would love to see him do a dark and aggressive collection like this for women. It seems like he has not done one in a while.

The S&M-KGB-cat-burglar look is hot right now, granted. But I'm just not feeling it. I wish McQueen would stop chanelling terrorist vibes, it's getting old.

:woot:

I would've liked to see this one in person....but I love it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nomnes
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->