Alexander McQueen Mens F/W 08.09 Milan

geez that last coat is to die for. :shock:

as a whole it feels more galliano than westwood to me :huh:

capt.c61a77f558ac47c7bba0bbecd28f5b6a.italy_fashion_xmil109.jpg

Yahoo News

a colonialist in south-america...
it's better for my eyes now that the images are coming and coming....

That leopard cardigan is SO Galliano s/s 07.

This really is very Galliano-esque and I can't say I'm a fan, although the black robe styled coat with gold trimmed sleeve is fab.

What is that fur vest thing. It's like a shag carpet threw up.

Or a yeti died. No McQueen no. I love you too much. :(

after the S/S acid wash debacle, it couldn't gone too much downhill anymore anyways.

i like some pieces though not for the sake of wearability.

this is so dumpster chic!

i adore all the fur. i'm dying to see more.

Some of it looks like it came out of Ugly Betty's closet.:sick:

I really like this collection. It's very Galliano Homme, though...like mentioned previously. It was Galliano's FW 05 show (my favorite Galliano Homme show) that also had the very grungy, Mongolian/ Peruvian aesthetic that I also see here. I'd be interested to hear the soundtrack for this show...because the Galliano Homme FW 05 soundtrack is one of the greatest runway soundtracks ever.

Here is the Galliano Homme FW 05 show, just to illustrate some similarities-
00030m.jpg

00240m.jpg

00510m.jpg

(style)

I love the suits in this show and I really love the Peruvian influences. I don't think I would wear much of this collection, but I still appreciate it. I always like it when designers treat menswear with the same level of creativity as womenswear (and that doesn't mean you have to dress them in tutus and halter tops, Miuccia...:innocent:)

Last edited by a moderator:
I always like it when designers treat menswear with the same level of creativity as womenswear (and that doesn't mean you have to dress them in tutus and halter tops, Miuccia...:innocent:)

I definitely agree with this. It seems that when it comes to menswear, it's easy too crazy or too boring or.....not sure. Miuccia is recently guilty of the not sure.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nomnes
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->