Gucci Mens F/W 07.08 Milan

Guys in mukluks?

Errm ... not getting it ...

and yeah .. super commercial ... very (social-climber-wannabe)-wud-give-my-firstborn-for-that-stuff

00010m.jpg
00020m.jpg

00030m.jpg
00040m.jpg

00050m.jpg
00060m.jpg

00070m.jpg
00080m.jpg

00090m.jpg
00100m.jpg

00110m.jpg
00120m.jpg

00130m.jpg
00140m.jpg

Source: Men.Style.com

Funny that Ultramarine used the word wannabe, because that's really what struck me about this collection.

It looks torn between wanting to be a Burberry meets DSquared eccentric Englishman, or Tom Ford's Gucci playboys of the past....and not quite succeeding at either.

It seems like more oftent than not, she gives me yet another reason to dislike her and her "designs"

Last edited by a moderator:
Men.Style.com
January 16, 2007
The non-winter that European ski resorts are currently enduring is one more reason to reflect upon the implications of global warming, and Frida Giannini was not the only designer to wonder this season if the lifestyle she was celebrating in her new collection might be a thing of the past. If this is indeed the endgame for winter wonderlands, Giannini is at least determined they’ll fade out in style. Against a stone-paved and crested backdrop that subtly evoked one of King Ludwig’s lodges, she offered up a charming, funny, and luxe-lite salute to the Alpen winter ritual. If an extravagant fur coat thrown over a chunky, white rollneck and plaid pants raised the specter of Gunther Sachs in full playboy cry, Giannini was equally capable of channeling the romantic young swains that preoccupy artist Elizabeth Peyton. Hence her original take on eveningwear, which hybridized a ski suit and a tux. (Just when we were thinking skinny was so last year, we’re face to face with the apotheosis of lean!)

But it was exactly that sense of young bucks at play which trimmed the fat out of such Tyrolean specials as a forest-green suede jacket (lamb-lined, leather-piped) or stolidly bourgeois winter wool plaid suits. One always felt that Giannini was having fun, especially when she tacked on the crests and feather cockades, or sent her boys out in mukluks and black leather pants. When a burgundy astrakhan smoking jacket appeared on the catwalk to a blast of Bond music, it was more Moore than Connery (never mind Craig). Giannini called it “Snow Glam,” and it’s a major part of her achievement at Gucci that there is no room for irony in her chalet.
— Tim Blanks

Has some really nice pieces mixed in with really immature and unoriginal ones. The bags and the fur boots are very cheesy to me.

I love it. It's fun..I think a lot of people take this stuff waaaay to seriously

love amost everything. Those sneakers are rad- and the kneepad pants ...and lots of other stuff too

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nomnes
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->