Alexander McQueen Mens F/W 07.08 Milan

Salvatore said:
I don't know, but I surely would love to see him do a dark and aggressive collection like this for women. It seems like he has not done one in a while.
The bondagey bodicework of his S/S '06 collection was the highlight in a collection I found disappointing otherwise, but his Sleepy Hollow collection is probably a better reference (as Scott reminded me)... Leather straps galore... I wouldn't mind seeing a reprise from McQueen if it turns out that well :lol:

I love the look of the guy wearing the mask!

sooo wicked and awesome!

I really like it , can't place the references though , the hats look extremely familiar.

I feel like the masks reference the movie V for Vendetta, the loong hair w/ a mask...

Damn, I love this.

the 4th pic of that black jacket is very balenciaga, but for men!

Alexander McQueen is one of the very few designers who produces mens and women's clothes EQUALLY well!!!!

Christopher Bailey and Miuccia come to mind!

Diorling said:
I feel like the masks reference the movie V for Vendetta, the loong hair w/ a mask...

Damn, I love this.

yeah I think so too maybe that's the reason why I love this very much!

nice work monsieur! :woot:

I've been trying to place the mask look all evening. I swear I've seen something where a human face is pulled away to reveal a void like that. I hope it's not something that'll be completely obvious when the reviews come out tomorrow.

I can see how the V influence might creep into the full body shot with the hair, but I feel like McQueen's look is the inverse of what they did in the movie. There, real faces were covered to create conformity/permit the significant characters to blend in. Here, in place of a mask or new face there's complete nothingness. Someone mentioned that the models were moving robotically and many wore colored contacts (black?). I haven't completely connected the theme here, but maybe we're supposed to imagine that the models without their faces obscured are in fact the "masked ones".

It's bleak, but maybe it's a comment on how we're all just empty automatons whose only sense of identity comes from the clothes and the airs we dress ourselves up in.

Hopefully whatever the theme is, it'll make more sense when we can see the proper progression.

The collection is up on Style...Plastique hair and faces. Visconti, the hats are very V for Vendetta. This is McQueens future.

On the aesthetic end...I need that last jacket!!

00060m.jpg
00290m.jpg

00330m.jpg
00390m.jpg

men.style

Last edited by a moderator:
^ I kept focusing on the faces. You're right on with those hats.

There are some really desirable pieces here. It's quite a break from last season in terms of never before seen (at least by me) fabric treatments. :woot:

The first bunch of looks reminded me of two of his collections while at Givenchy, both inspired in some way by androids and cyberpunk tinged futurism.

That said, it started strong, but then it kind of took a wrong turn with all of those layered, buckled parka looks, before (luckily) returning to the neo-noir feel of the beginning.

Still, while the fabrics were no doubt interesting, it felt kind of confused overall, like it wasn't sure what it was trying to say.

00060m.jpg

men.style

He reminds me of that guy...That...this is hard to explain, that animated guy in the 80's who stuttered when he spoke? Does anyone remember that? The super-broad shoulders and plastic hair/face...

I LOVE the last, greenbrownish jacket dustcake posted, the superskinny leatherpants, the - little i can see of the - tartan shirt under the greenbrownish jacket, and i kinda like the double braces too... I would only consider buying the jacket though, as the double braces probably won't make it off the runway + are not wearable + are probably overpriced and the leatherpants are very hard to pull off..

I didn't like what was on page 1, but page 2 & 3 is better. I like the red and blue coats from post #21 the most, I think.

I was getting kind of a Klaus Nomi vibe from this collection myself.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nomnes
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->