Alexander McQueen Mens F/W 08.09 Milan

Like it even more after seeing the HQ's. But am just wondering who though would but those eleborate coat?

:heart:

I feel in the minority when I say the gigantic fur...thing, is hideous. As Knightley said, it looks as if a Yeti died and they skinned it for a partial suit.

I love McQueen, but what on EARTH?

On another note: I do think that the cuts of some of the jackets and pants are interesting, and I like them.

So many references here...I don't know what to make of it. Totally different worlds and periods mashed into one show is not rare but I don't know it it's done right this time. The Westwood/Galliano similarities bore me (although it also may just be a British thing, since he is a Brit of course) And that walking polar bear is hideous. I'd spray that with graffiti if someone walked by...I tend to tolerate fur, but not like this.

its a bit messy and random, but thats probably the point.

A bit bored by this really,i have a feeling i have seen it all alredy....

er......no comments:blink:

i prefer the last seasonB)

God I love this. It's a little unwearable for my tastes, however there are a few things I NEED.

Except for a few nice details here and there, he cetainly bores me with this...It looks like he'd slept with Vivienne W and their lovechild looked just like Galliano

I just want to know are those fur real or fake?

I expect more from Alexander, but some of them are good. But suck they were some similarities with Galiano.

Definitely Galliano's and Westwood's versions are much better proportioned, mixed and styled. Love the old Galliano's especially - fresh proportions, cool layering, not too costume-like. I like the Peruvian theme but this is an awful interpretation. And why oh why all the tacky gold embroidery on some handsome coats and suits?? McQueen disappoints again! (Though this collection is a tad better than the pastel sugary neo-colonial Great Gatsby theme park for SS07)

Last edited by a moderator:
Why do I even bother with McQueen? I know so many others are such big fans of both his ready-to-wear and his menswear, but I guess I just don't get him. This collection lacks any real cohesiveness, and worst of all, it's just unattractive. Paris is going to have to make up for this in a big way.

I have never run across anything of McQueen that is remotely desirable in stores.

The buying is always extremely conservative and the fit really made for a portly 40 year old (designers always design for themselves).
The rest of it is meant merely for the runway and will never see the light of day.

[SIZE=-1]You might regard these as second-rate imitation of Galliano Homme or even Gaultier but then again I always believe in his originality. You cannot go too far when it comes to creating gimmicks on the runway [e.g. Prada] while this particular collection imho is truly decent
[/SIZE]

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nomnes
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->