alexander-mcqueen03.jpg
alexander-mcqueen04.jpg

alexander-mcqueen05.jpg
alexander-mcqueen06.jpg

alexander-mcqueen07.jpg
alexander-mcqueen08.jpg

wwd (via sassisamblog.com)

Last edited by a moderator:
i would love to have that last dress hanging on my wall. stunning!

this is a perfect little collection.

I would never guess this wasn't designed by McQueen himself.

So I guess the collection is a success?

Well, this is quite promising. While I hope that we'll get to see Burton's personality work it's way into the label in the future, I think it's smart of her to stick to what people know for the time being. With the exception of the first coat the pieces look really beautiful.

i'll admit that i was a bit worried about the fate of the mcqueen label; but after seeing this & learning that sarah has basically been considered mcqueen's right hand man in design- i was rest assured. this collection preview is only further solidification; i am sooo happy to see this. im beyond excited to see what sarah will create for the summer/spring 2011-12 season.
LOVE this set. thanks for posting maxlinden- you the illest.

Well, I hate the prints. And I'm not crazy about those huge trains, either.

I do love, however, the gold embellished bolero and obi belt. And for some reason, that look alone saves the whole collection and makes the rest tolerable.

I'm not writing off Sarah, though. She has a tough job, and I only want to be supportive. A year or two down the line? We'll have to wait and see, though (I'm just praying we're not going to have to suffer through these prints for the rest of our lives).

Is good and that,Sarah is a very promising designer but I personally don't like these that much.

Still McQueen but with some fresh air. Good work Sarah!

Well, this is quite promising. While I hope that we'll get to see Burton's personality work it's way into the label in the future, I think it's smart of her to stick to what people know for the time being. With the exception of the first coat the pieces look really beautiful.

what is her personality though?:huh:
since she was his right-hand woman im trying to figure
out if she is just like him design wise or not

but this is amazing and im so happy it is true to McQueen

what is her personality though?:huh:
since she was his right-hand woman im trying to figure
out if she is just like him design wise or not

but this is amazing and im so happy it is true to McQueen

She has been his right hand for 14 years. I think we've already seen a lot of her personality without knowing it.

Wow, it's amazing, the 2nd outfit imo just screams Mcqueen. :heart:

Wow, this collection is such a relief. I'm really happy with it, I think it's a distinctive and strong collection.

I love the last two in particular, but the top on the pants outfit is great too. And Sarah Burton has definitely managed to keep the McQueen-feel to this collection, but if anyone could it would be her so I think they made the right decision there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
msflair
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->