Alexander McQueen S/S 2006 Paris

fashionista-ta said:
I was just contemplating whether it was worthwhile to post that I hated it :wink: I like the Novak in general, but none of the ones with just leather trim are really doing it for me, although the canvas for fall was preferable to this one or the knit. I think this bag needs to be all leather/skin to looks its best ...

i meant the new shape of the novak (new straps, and it's open on the top now)... not necessarily the fabric with leather trim aspect... i'm not too keen on that, really...

metal-on-metal said:
This is called desperation and we're seeing it at Viktor & Rolf, at Balenciaga, at Chalayan.

...don't forget dior... :winkiss:

This is so uninspiring. It's dull. What happend to Mcqueen? :cry:

iluvjeisa said:
Desperate - Balenciaga? I don't get it....that collection was the best I've seen in quite some time. However, I like this McQueen collection also. Lovely green dress on MariaCarla. And yesss...the tight black leather outfit on Bianca.....:flower:
No Balenciaga was great but it was a pretty obvious attempt to sell the brand. I mean, those embroidered tank tops, come on! By desperate I don't mean that those collections are bad. Just that they are trying very hard to earn the customer's dollar, which they weren't really known for in years past.

brian said:
i meant the new shape of the novak (new straps, and it's open on the top now)... not necessarily the fabric with leather trim aspect... i'm not too keen on that, really...

Ah, I see what you mean ... the hardware on the straps is now higher too, and those brads in the center strap are new ... I dunno, I liked the original :unsure:

Oh god, I saw the whole thing (it;s up at Style.com) and I'm in utter shock.

Terrible, absolutely terrible. The first few black suit looks were cute, and a few cocktail dresses but overall it was Greco-Roman mythology gone Vegas (or as wyatt so brilliantly put it Caesars Palace, but with a little call-girl thrown in)

Those dresses were right off of a trashy Vegas cocktail waitress. I don't even think I've seen such ugly, trashy pieces from Cavalli in recent years.

this is the only look from the entire collection that i even remotely like:

00040m.jpg

i sort of can't believe how unflattering the hair and make up is. not to mention the gladiator/wwf inspiration. poor girls.

Spike413 said:
Oh god, I saw the whole thing (it;s up at Style.com) and I'm in utter shock.

Terrible, absolutely terrible. The first few black suit looks were cute, and a few cocktail dresses but overall it was Greco-Roman mythology gone Vegas (or as wyatt so brilliantly put it Caesars Palace, but with a little call-girl thrown in)

Those dresses were right off of a trashy Vegas cocktail waitress. I don't even think I've seen such ugly, trashy pieces from Cavalli in recent years.
Agreed.

Unpleasant. It reminds me of one of his collections Pre-Gucci...Dont recall what year, but it was leather intensive and incredibly tedious. Back then the theatrics made up for it...:innocent:

I'm impressed by the collection:woot:

this is something to really look at, just wonderful!!

i so wish i could afford his pieces, i'd empty his boutiques....:innocent:

ok, maybe not this outfit....

00190m.jpg

but at least the shoes are gorgeous!

This is just disappointing. Reminds me of Zac Posen and that's not a good thing.

oh my gosh, I was just thinking the same thing about his Vegas show girl stuff and Zac Posen!!!! Lordy...

And what's going on with the wrestling belts? It's WrestleMania in Paris!

Review from style.com:

PARIS, October 7, 2005 – Alexander McQueen has changed. The commanding impresario who once took delight in scaring and astonishing his audience with stadium-filling shows and designing at the brink of scandal has—if we're to judge by the past two seasons—joined the regular ranks of ready-to-wear designers who line up their models like soldiers and march 'em on out with the collection.

What that leaves us with is a clear view of clothes. Black suits, to start with—and though you couldn't exactly call them straight, something's changed in the cut of their jib, too. For spring, McQueen's signature tailoring has lost its exaggerated waist and jutting shoulders, and been replaced by more-wearable spencers with buttoned-back lapels. Beneath, he shows short flippy skirts, shorts, or pants with black opaque tights. There's a faint girl-rocker air about them—and a cape with a silver-beaded phoenix on the back somewhere in there—but nothing to scare the horses. For night, the part of the show McQueen said was inspired by Greek goddesses, things took a turn for the disappointing—tiny pleated silver lamé dresses, white crystal-beaded gowns and pieces made in bandage wrappings of white or gold elastic. The slot formerly occupied by his showstopping extravaganzas is now serviced by metalwork body costumes with all the finesse of something left over from an eighties sci-fi TV series. Gone, even, are the staggeringly made, couture-grade fantasy gowns that have brought so many brides banging on his door. Though some of his moves are clearly being made in an effort to sell—no criticism in itself—this show, from a designer whose capabilities have won such respect, was a letdown.

– Sarah Mower

Looks good to me, the details are superb, a bit toooo much but in a good way!!

oh no he didn't :ninja:

I can't believe this is even McQueen...
Some are very nice... very nice...
But really, are they seriously came from McQueen show?
ubber disappointing :cry:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Figedifug
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->