Alexander McQueen S/S 2007 Paris

Have to say that this show looks like the F/W show. I didn't love it when it came out, but now I love both of the collections. I think I might have hated this new collection if I'd have liked the F/W with passion in the first place. Am I making any sense?

Well, I am really in love with use of natural roses
Thats fantastical and emotional!!!

*Bianca* said:
I love it too.

I like the hips too, esp the dress with the lace-trimmed train, so womanly.

Miss Havisham has had quite a run here lately hasn't she :lol:

seeeing the collection on video alone was incredible the insane clothes mixed with the grand space, and the meloncholly music was breathtaking. I wonder how it looked in real life.

WhiteLinen said:
Have to say that this show looks like the F/W show. I didn't love it when it came out, but now I love both of the collections. I think I might have hated this new collection if I'd have liked the F/W with passion in the first place. Am I making any sense?

That's just the reaction I'm having because I really liked the F/W collection with the exception of the jacquards and the big chiffon spiral pieces. But there were great, moody things there, macabre beading, a nice balence between the beauty and fantasy and something more dark. I also thought there were more wearable pieces overall and some of the most inventive use of plaid I've seen.

This stuff is great too, I just think the more tailored pieces sing better. The hips and the flowers and the boobs, I'm done with it, doesn't really make use of the zeitgeist (which isn't a problem, actually), isn't really connected with things now. The person he has yet to rebel against is himself, I think he's hiding a bit behind his 'signatures'. He's too young. Valentino can have signatures to do all the talking, not McQueen, he's got a lot left in him and it's time to start letting that stuff loose.

Last edited by a moderator:
^ I agree. I crave something truly creative from him. He's been very safe as of late, which has it's benefits I suppose, but it's getting old at this point.

birdofparadise said:
That's just the reaction I'm having because I really liked the F/W collection with the exception of the jacquards and the big chiffon spiral pieces. But there were great, moody things there, macabre beading, a nice balence between the beauty and fantasy and something more dark. I also thought there were more wearable pieces overall and some of the most inventive use of plaid I've seen.
I couldn't agree more. As much as I like this collection, I just don't think I like it as much as FW 06....this just doesn't seem as coherent as last season's did.

And I'm sorry, but those huge hips just aren't working for me.

fashionista-ta said:
Miss Havisham has had quite a run here lately hasn't she :lol:

I love it- the "decaying" elegance. it's ethereal and beutiful. I loved his fall collection, and I love this too.

The giant hips look a bit silly, but in other ways it's just an exaggeration of a womans body. I imagine the sales peices will allow for the customer's actual hips intead of adding fake ones...

but overall the constructions are beautiful. the interplay between sheer and opaque, the way the things fall- It's really breathtaking.

birdofparadise said:
. Valentino can have signatures to do all the talking, not McQueen, he's got a lot left in him and it's time to start letting that stuff loose.

and a very good point that is...

i admit it, like so many of us, i am starting to come out of the intial high. the crafstmanship-amazing (also seems to be the general consensus), but creatively...hiding behind his signatures describes it spot on.

i never thought of it that way, birdofparadise, simply because the man's maturity is incredible. what is he, 37? like i said, it's great to point out that the guy is young, and there is so much ground to be covered for him..

Spike413 said:
^ I agree. I crave something truly creative from him. He's been very safe as of late, which has it's benefits I suppose, but it's getting old at this point.

True. Even if he makes beautiful collections, a third one following the same pattern might get very boring.

Well I hate the music and the stage
what a burial taste....
I have to turn off this because it is horrible
but the clothes are very beautiful
It remembers me an old movie...

I want to have this man's babies....

But seriously, he's brilliant. THIS is what fashion is supposed to be. Art, not sillieness. Stunning....

The ensemble was playing variations of La Folia by Corelli . . . and Paint it Black for the finale.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
okletssee
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->