Alexander Wang F/W 10.11 New York

I liked this collection. I think the edgy tailoring, velvet etc as presented is a bit too much, but it's a great collection to pick and choose from I think, a lot of nice ideas, and I really like the dresses. Pinstripes and velvet isn't really my thing, but from an artistic point of view I thought the collection brought a lot of good ideas to the table. From what I could see, I loved the boots too. Great casting as well, makeup and hair I thought was OK.

I must be the only one that didn't like it.
The girls looked that they had B.o and the clothes looked old. I loved 90's style but this is not doing it.:innocent:

and please no Clueless and Givenchy references. these are some my fav things in the world.

I have been looking forward to this show for so long and so happy to see the 90’s minimal vibe is returning. Hopefully this will be the tone of the decade. Full length skirts have featured heavily in quite a few shows now, this will defiantly be a big trend come summer.

The accessories is definitely looking better than the clothes...especially the shoes!
:heart:

I must be the only one that didn't like it.
The girls looked that they had B.o and the clothes looked old. I loved 90's style but this is not doing it.:innocent:

and please no Clueless and Givenchy references. these are some my fav things in the world.
:lol:

I've never been a fan of Alexander Wang's and I certainly stand behind my opinion that he shouldn't have won the Swiss Textiles Award, but I have to admit, this collection looks really good from the runway - Glad he's moved on from his usual 'casual wear' comfort zone towards a more 'designed', dressed-up aesthetic, with just the right amount of quirk going on to remind us that he hasn't completely moved on (I'm pretty sure the showroom should be full of more farmiliar pieces and silhouettes, as well as those hideous stretch viscose jersey dresses he's had on the runway for too long). He's handled both the pinstripes and the velvets well, both fabrics that can easily allow for cheesy associations when done badly and unpurposefully - For that he definitely deserves recognition.

Wow, I actually really like this.
I am usually pretty ambivalent towards him.
Sooooooo 90's which is a nice change from all the 80's, I guess the mid-drift is gonna make a comeback.

Sick soundtrack too, The Presets & The Gossip? Yes, please!

I love the collection this season and I liked the soundtrack too it fit so well together

I didn't think I'd say this,and I'm not too sure why I'm saying it,but I really like this. I feel like he has matured a little bit.

It's nice to see that he actually did come up with a decent collection. I adore the hair styling, a lot of Prada-ish over hairspraying and I'm on board.

I definitely think this show is a progression for him, definitely better than last season.
And LOVE the hair.

The shoes:

I have a personal dislike of velevet; I just hate the feel of it. Apart from that, I was all ready to dislike this collection because I hate all the hype surrounding Wang. But, I was pleasantly surprised by it. It actually looks pretty good; nothing revolutionary but good anyhow.

getty images

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thtrfh65
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->