Alexander Wang for H&M

^It's not worth watching honestly. I'm more interested in the after show with Missy Elliot performing. :buzz:

^It's on the Alexander Wang website. Ugh even the models looked terrible. On normal people...let's just say we'll be seeing LOTS of camel toe when this collection hits stores. :sick:

style

Last edited by a moderator:
well.... it's mostly grotesque. the leather sweat pants for men might be a 'maybe', but will definitely be insanely priced.

and i see lots of pieces that don't show up in the lookbook. great. a runway show filled with OOAK pieces.

The Marant collection was of a pretty bad quality and I thought the ethnic prints ( I remember seeing one awful men's jeans with colorful embroidery on the front racks after racks in the Vegas store) were difficult to replicate with at regular HM factories, hence the disaster.

That's not strictly true. Some pieces were forgettable.. But others the quality was pretty good, much superior to H&M quality, i.e coats. There were loads of pieces that were a pretty good approximation of the original ones. And i'm talking as someone that at a certain point can safely say 70% of my wardrobe was Isabel Marant.

Well but in this case it's clear we do not have Alexander Wang for H&M, but T by Wang for H&M. And if he's bringing H&M quality to an already bad product the results cannot be good. I have a T shirt dress by Wang that it's the worst quality product I've ever bought in jersey.

nadine_0.jpg

kjoleerr_0.jpg

kk.no

The Versace collection was appalling. So horrendously cheap in its fabrications and visually, even cheaper. Lanvin is the best for me in collection terms whilst Cavalli did have some beautifully constructed pieces, even though it was again, not for me in design terms.

Lanvin still had the best approach, instead of Lanvin going high street, it was H&M going luxurious.

imo nothing has really measured up to that collection ever since.

Lanvin was just a good, well planned collection. It looked like Lanvin, it had the construction detailing of Lanvin, it was something really quite different for them and the offering of product was great. I have quite a few pieces from the menswear and still wear them to this day, I loved the navy blue blazer with the ribbon edging. Overall I liked Marant's collection too.

I'm sure it will be a huge success here in Paris where the black/white/grey trend is still very prominent. I disagree with the vast majority here I do find the collection appealing and has some statement pieces while Isabel Marant played it very safe (so very french) with classics. Yet the styling is aggressive, the pieces separatly can be worn in a very different way from typical sports to very chic.

But men in leggings ? Oh no, I can't wait to see the fashionistOs wearing that aha

Regarding the prices, are they kidding me ?

10725184_274702962723251_628697127_n.jpg

@newscomauhq

10691729_662818097165873_86793774_n.jpg

@cafemode

10693679_362838627217808_1712679748_n.jpg

@kayleighjane_92

10724638_549374818540821_616017417_n.jpg

@queen_almaze

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads