Anna Dello Russo (January 2008 - September 2010)

Status
Not open for further replies.
With her dog Cucciolina

annaandcucciolina.jpg

"Sometime people ask me to describe my STYLE.
I always say my STYLE is schizophrenic, mutant.

I like to change everytime, i like to play different mood, i like to wear all the designers.
How many faces there are in a woman?
Manifold, many variations of the Ego.
You think about knowing a woman, but you don't exactly never know who
I change every day, I am never the same person.

So between FASHION and STYLE?
Absolutely FASHION... is less pretentious, is authentic.
FASHION is declaration of own freedom.

Let's play with your thousand and thousand faces of yourself." Anna

Photo Credit: Giampaolo Sgura
Source: vogue.co.jp

Last edited by a moderator:
Fashion Week : AdR 10 Rules

"During the fashion week I have my rules to follow and i'm going to tell my top ten list" Anna

1. Black outfits make a omologate effects

2. Be carefull with black:
Do not put together different tones of black (clothes, stocking, shoes, ...)
Materials reflect the black in a different way.

3. Sunshine is a big spot on you:
it shows all the mistakes.
(Cheap fabrics, ruined accessories, dirty shoes)

4. You must feel and understand the weather every morning.
Clothes live in the best context like actresses loving the amazing theater

5. Do not match clothes and its own function:
Like rain and trenchcoat,
like snow and moonboot,
forget the umbrella at home!

6. Wear just night clothes in daytime.
It is unexpected

7. Do not carry big bags.
On the front row they hinder the passage

8. Between shoes and bag?
Absolutely, amazing shoes with a matching perfect pedicure.
They make a right attitude!

9. Do not wear so much make up.
In the morning it does not look fresh

10. Shape up!
You must choose outfits fierce and fully shaped.
vogue.co.jp

Last edited by a moderator:
Body-Concious

annaritratto.jpg

"The fashion expresses the level of confidence with Himself.
If there is harmony between Itself and his own body, a Style will be born.

Like a magic alchemy,
like a endlessly osmosis,
like an ethernal relation between vases communicants,
the fashion describes all the passages, all the shades, towards the assertion of Itself.

A deeper consciousness of own body improves the quality of life.
The fashion increases the awareness of the own body.
This appears in the picture and at the mirror..." Anna

Photo by Andrea Ghislandi
Source: vogue.co.jp

Oooh, so many good posts! :heart::heart:

Can someone who knows Italian help translate this?
1. Black outfits make a omologate effects

Omologare means to approve, confirm or ratify. Does that mean wearing black clothing is always acceptable? Something like that?

yeah... since the verb "omologare" doesn't fit in with the context at all (it's used mostly referring to vehicles), I'm assuming it's a crude translation meaning acceptable, accepted, something like that:blink:

thanks for claryfing that, I was also confused about that word :P Great posts, love the outfits and quotes.

Thank you Jungla_Juana! :heart:

Since Anna's list was from Vogue Japan, it may have gone from Italian to Japanese to English, which is perhaps why it reads so strange. :lol:

Omologate means more like predictable and safe in this context
She meant that wearing a black dress gives you a normal and plain air

Thanks!

I love that she has a monogram (is that what it would be called?) on her house. So if we're ever in the neighborhood, we'll know which one is hers and drop by? :lol:

I love this woman so much, she's so fierce. :heart: I like her confidence.
And her house is so great, so original !

A Conversation with Anna Dello Russo

When I heard that Anna Dello Russo was in New York, I promptly emailed her staff about possibly setting up a phone interview. (I couldn’t stop myself. She’s amazing, right?) When I didn’t hear from anyone after a day or two, I figured Anna must be too busy to respond to emails from pesky bloggers. So, you can imagine my response when I received an email from Anna personally: I was ecstatic. Why would she waste her time on an anonymous little fashion blogger like me? Regardless, I was thrilled, and began finishing my questions for her immediately.

What to ask an icon like Anna Dello Russo? What NOT to ask?! I wanted to start somewhere new. No one wants to be that writer that asks every grilling, stereotypical question. So I started with something simple.

Hello Anna! It is great to finally speak with you! Thanks for the opportunity. How are you enjoying New York?

New York, I always enjoy! New York is lovely, but now I must go to Rome. How are you, Dale?

I am great! What are you wearing today, Anna?

Oh, I can’t even tell you! It’s Abercrombie because I am flying. I am travelling to Rome, so today I am wearing my Abercrombie fleece! It is nothing glamorous.

You are loyal to your Abercrombie fleece! Well, I would like to start our interview by asking a basic question that I have always wondered about you: What do you love most about your job?
I love that it keeps me young. I am always moving, looking at beautiful things. My job, it keeps my eyes fresh.

I read in an interview with you about your collection of couture. . .It is fascinating! You have always loved the commodity of fashion
Yes, since I am a child I have loved fashion. But loving fashion, it is a job: I am always have to keep my clothes at the right temperature, transportation and care. I am always looking for the pieces which will matter most in history. . .which are most important to my collection.

Azzedine Alaia recently stated, “Designer fashion is different now. You can no longer be excited or surprised. Rarely is there any freshness.” Do you agree with Mr. Alaia that the current fashion system has changed?

There are so many people to please. Because otherwise, people will lose their jobs. You know, if they don’t spend the time…He would always create at the right time, whenever he wants to. He used to be like that, always in the past. He’s really working on the doll, the mannequin, to create the clothes. I didn’t see so many drawings, I saw how he was working. I saw the couture. He will take the clothes, the fabric and start to build on the mannequin. It was really incredible.

Many designers today don’t work like Alaia does.
No, no, absolutely not.

Today, it seems the editors and fashion directors of the front row are just as famous as the supermodels stomping alongside it. Why do you think fashion’s followers have shifted their attention to you and your colleagues?

I have said so many times that for twenty years I was invisible. Me, and all the people working behind the camera were just invisible. But what happened at one point, the camera turned and pointed to us. Lucky, we were ready. Because eighteen or twenty years ago, I wasn’t ready. Because it was a superstar, or top model. . .a supermodel, because it was the era of the supermodel. I was so intimidated by Linda [Evangelista], Christy [Turlington], Naomi [Campbell], you know. It was the year of the super designer, like Gianni Versace, like Thierry Mugler. All these incredible, grand names! You know, I was feeling like a mouse, you know, in front of these big brands. Also, photographers used to be Avedon. . .I was just housekeeping of the set. I was there working. I was feeling at all like Cinderella, you know. Cinderella, Cinderella! I was working like crazy, but nobody knows me! Because it was just a big, huge era of the top model. Everybody was top: Top model, top photographer. I was so intimidated. I remember the first time I was working with Christy Turlington, I was so intimidated, I didn’t want to even touch her! I wanted to say, ‘Oh my gosh, she is so amazing!’ because it was another era. Now, after twenty years or whatever, it feels more democratic. It feels more of a revenge for all of the people that were working on the system. . .like a Cinderella! I think I’m like Cinderella. You know, I think it’s my time now. Maybe we’ll finish at night, but now it’s my time.

If you could share one piece of advice with young fashion bloggers, what would it be?

If I could share one thing? I share my love!! Because I love new blogs. But now, Dale, I must go because I must go to my Gate!

Anna, it was wonderful speaking with you! Please tell Cucciolina I said hello! Thank you so much.
Thank you so much, Dale! Ciao, ciao!
"dearest Dale,
i loved this interview,
you made such a great job also because of my thick pugliese accent...
You should keep like that to become a good journalist."
Anna
Source: pheasantsvultures.blogspot.com via annadellorusso.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Annhedonia Beretta
Back