Anna Dello Russo (January 2008 - September 2010)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does she really wear stuff from Zara? That amazed me, this woman never stop surprising me.

Farfetch have a piece about Anna featured on their blog today:

Anna Dello Russo
The fashion industry has always been one rich in real characters. An abundance of flamboyance, ambition, and visual flair have proved it fertile ground for producing personalities always ready with eye-catching outfits and eyebrow raising bon mots.

Vogue Japan fashion director Anna Dello Russo produces both of these with the sheer abundance of someone who doesn’t even have to try. That’s probably why the past few months have seen her blow up as everyone’s sartorial crush du jour. Joining an elite group of editors and journalists that have become fashion legacies in their own right, (Anna Wintour, Carine Roitfeld, Diana Vreeland, Anna Piaggi), such is Russo’s style icon status at present, that a huge batch of t-shirts emblazoned with her image and name sold out within hours of hitting the internet last month.

‘I am a fashion scientist’ Russo has declared, and whilst exactly what a fashion scientist is has yet to be clarified, she has been intrinsical in pushing fashion media forward, bridging the gap between the traditional medium of print with the newer method of blogging.

She has her own webpage of course, a portal where she uploads photos of gorgeous clothes, jewels and other aesthetically pleasing things that she falls in love with, each set in an elaborate gilt frame on the screen. But more importantly, she’s become the poster girl for ‘street style’, a method of fashion reporting that has become particularly dominant over the past couple of years. As a friend and favourite of Scott Schuman, the man behind The Satorialist, she appears on the blog frequently, modelling her amazing array of high-fashion pieces for everyone to admire.

And though her public presence has snowballed of late, she is hardly a newcomer to the scene. Growing up in the small Italian town of Bari, as a 12 year old she was so infatuated with the label Fendi that on a trip to Rome, she convinced her father to rent a hotel room directly above the store. A self-confessed, logo obsessed Eighties fashion victim, it was in that decade that she met the designers that would define her style, Dolce and Gabbana. They hit it off immediately, and she adopted the feminine, sultry look that embodied their clothes, all figure-hugging curves, lace, and rich colours, every inch the Southern Italian Dolce and Gabbana woman.

‘ I like clothes not for price, or other such aspects, but for their evocative power, how much “dream” they carry with them’ she has said, a principle which she has translated into her professional life, in her current job as Fashion Director and Creative Consultant at Vogue Japan and in her previous roles at Vogue Italia, and L’Uomo Vogue, of which she was editor. It’s also something she has taken care to apply to her personal collection of clothes, amassing over 4,000 pairs of shoes, and investing in serious fashion pieces, ‘no daywear’ it has been stated.

What she wears, more than what she does, has propelled her to cult icon status. During Paris Fashion Week she kept the photographers happy by changing outfits two or three times a day, and she never repeats. Her willingness to stroll around in see-through Dolce dresses and top to toe catwalk looks makes her entertaining to watch, whilst also previewing to avid fashion fans what next season’s trends look like in real life (she was rocking the camel capes we’ll all be wearing in winter as far back as last April).

With appearances on television show Fashion Academy(Andre Leon Talley’s role as judge on America’s Next Top Model seems to have made reality tv appearances quite acceptable these days), and her own perfume coming out at Christmas (named Beyond, with a campaign shot by fashion photographer Giampaolo Sguri) it looks like we will be seeing a lot more of the woman that Helmut Newton once described as ‘a fashion maniac’. We can’t wait.

Go to farfetch.com/blog.aspx to read the original (with pictures!)

Could this woman be any tackier? A frangrance? In a bottle shaped as a shoe that looks more like a cheap Christmas ornament than anything else?!

And then all her rants about how she is a fashion scientist, blah blah blah, and taking fashion showers...ridiculous.

Then her blog that looks worse than a tricked out Myspace circa 2003.

I appreciate her love of beauitful clothing, but like I've said before, I see little style here, and instead I see an easy access to straight off the runway looks.

Today is the launch of the fragance, hope we have photos.
anna's twitter
Dear god, so that shoe thing was the real bottle. :yuk:
I have to say I am not looking forward to this fragrance. Considering the probably high production cost of the hideous bottle, I doubt there was any money left to actually fill it with a quality scent.
And then all her rants about how she is a fashion scientist, blah blah blah, and taking fashion showers...ridiculous.
She hardly 'rants'.:rolleyes:
Considering how long she has been in the business, how many shows she has attended and how extensive her collection is, I don't think it's presumptuous of her to call herself a 'fashion scientist' (something she obviously said in jest, anyway, as her sense of humour is one of her most obvious quality).
At this point, her knowledge of fashion must be encyclopedic.

Last edited by a moderator:
sorry but for me. she lost all the respect I had for her ... since this frangance it seems about to coming out...

I used to love her because she was totally anonymous some years ago. Now she's like a celebrity. What's next, her own fashion line?

Well, I think if you guys had the same chance, wouldn't you also get ur own perfume? And she's a smart business women in my mind, she's making a brand of her and who wouldn't, I for sure would have done the same!? For sure I'm going to buy her perfum when it will be on sale, I like the idea of having a shoe like that in my perfume collection. =)
I don't think her style is going to change, her style might be getting even better and now we might se even more pictures of her as a "celebrity" and more information about her and what she's up to.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't think my admiration for Anna will change despite the perfume. In ways it's good to see that she has come so far and created such a name for herself to start her own somewhat empire. I usually hate "celebrity" perfumes because it's often talentless or insignificant people who make a perfume simply to get some publicity however for Anna, I could imagine it to be something she is genuinely interested in. If anything, I wouldn't think she would get as much publicity as others because her fabulous style doesn't appeal to all, it's only those who appreciate her style who the fragrance will really have an impact on

Whilst on the subject of the perfume, I adore the bottle! I think I'd buy it just for the shoe silhouette, it's almost as extravagant as Anna

Beyond? Did she ask for Karl's permission to use that word? :lol:
That bottle is wicked.

haha, I thought the same. it's such a cheesy word when not used by karl.

I puzzled over the idea of editors doing perfume, but everybody likes to make money, right?

That perfume bottle is one of the tackiest I've ever seen, oh my god. :lol:

I love LOVE her and the fact that she is such a contrast to all the jaded people in the fashion world.

annatwitpic.jpg

twitter.com/annadellorusso

I have always admired her and respected her but honestly I think she is getting too much attention which in my opinion is not good at all. I liked when there was some mystery left on her, it made her much more interesting. But now that mystery is pretty much gone...

I have always admired her and respected her but honestly I think she is getting too much attention which in my opinion is not good at all. I liked when there was some mystery left on her, it made her much more interesting. But now that mystery is pretty much gone...

just couldn't agree more with you!and i'm still hoping that the perfume is a joke :doh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WesleyWong
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->