Anna Dello Russo (January 2008 - September 2010)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lane Crawford s Customised Trench

annaburberrytrench.jpg

Custom Burberry Trench by Anna Dello Russo

This trenchcoat just screams of Anna’s decadence and love for accesorising.

“Celebrating its 160th anniversary this year, Lane Crawford is also proud to launch
Heritage 160 in Autumn/Winter 2010. Founded in 1850 by Thomas Ash Lane and Ninian
Crawford, Lane Crawford has evolved to become a leading luxury specialty store offering a
wide selection of international brands. To honour Lane Crawford’s rich history and unique
past, as well as its strong relationships with top brands, designers and talents from around
the world, Heritage 160 features various components:

Tribute to the Trench: Paying exclusive tributes to the classic fashion staple – the Burberry
trench coat, Lane Crawford collaborates with 25 top fashion influencers of today, including
Anna Dello Russo, Carine Roitfeld, Christopher Bailey, Garance Dorè, George Cortina,
Godfrey Deeney, Hamish Bowles, Jonathan Adler, Kate Lanphear, Keegan Singh, Kelly
Wearstler, Lynn Yeager, Maggie Cheung, Milan Vukmirovic, Miroslava Duma, Nina
Garcia, Patti Wilson, Sarah Rutson, Scott Schulman, Simon Doonan, Stefano Tonchi, Taylor
Tomasi Hill as well as the creative teams behind Topshop, i-D Magazine and V Magazine to
create a collection of customised one-of-a-kind trench coats, each presenting a different take
on heritage, fashion and style."

Read the entire article on the Lane Crawford’s official blog.

This and other beauties will be auctioned off to benefit the UNICEF charity.

" In September I will go to HONG KONG

to celebrate the 160th
anniversary of LANE CRAWFORD.

They will launch a unique programme
titled HERITAGE 160
featuring one-of-a-kind DESIGNS
by international talents,
exclusive CAPSULE collection by
selected contemporary brands,
as well as a LIMITED EDITION
range of iconic:

It's an honor for me to participate
at TRIBUTE TO TRENCH
that will be auctioned off to benefit
the UNICEF charity."

Anna
annadellorusso.com

Dont like the accessories, specially the pink shades, but oh my god, that dress.... :heart: Its beyond stunning:blush:

Wow!! A documentary about her, allready looking forward to it! I also think she styled the trenchcoat for Burberry great, I love the different types of broches and jewellery on a trench.. And so funny that she put a Chanel jewellery on it when it's Burberry.

I'm sure this has been addressed before, but I'm kind of an ADR newbie- where does she get her fashion funds? Is she old money? I know she consults and such, but I don't even think two million dollar a year Anna Wintour could afford all the pieces Dello Russo owns...
Well we know she does brand consulting and such, and we also think she migh get some clothes as gift for some special work she does, like styling Moschino ads and things like that.
Then I might be wrong, but I think she has grown in a very wealthy family, she said first time she wore high fashion was during high school sporting a Fendi bag matched with boots and umbrella, and she was only 12!

Amazing dress though it's a bit age inappropriate no matter how your body looks.. I like the crazy pink sunglasses and I love the fact that she wears often wears shoes that were from a few years back.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow!! A documentary about her, allready looking forward to it! I also think she styled the trenchcoat for Burberry great, I love the different types of broches and jewellery on a trench.. And so funny that she put a Chanel jewellery on it when it's Burberry.

I noticed the Chanel brooch too!
I would love to see Anna wearing the trench before it gets autioned.

that dress reminds me of my sis's kitchen curtains ... maybe it would work on sombody <30 :wink:

I TOTALLY disagree with above comments on the white lace dress being inappropriate for Anna due to her age. Sometimes we women are our own worst enemies! Why shouldn't she wear it? It looks stunning on her, far better than it would look on me and I'm at least ten years younger than her. Forget about stupid rules and embrace the fact that a woman can be sexy at any age.

I'm not crazy about the way she has accessorised the dress from the neck up...too fussy with earrings AND necklace AND those amazing sunglasses. BUT I adore the dress and Anna in it!

I TOTALLY disagree with above comments on the white lace dress being inappropriate for Anna due to her age. Sometimes we women are our own worst enemies! Why shouldn't she wear it? It looks stunning on her, far better than it would look on me and I'm at least ten years younger than her. Forget about stupid rules and embrace the fact that a woman can be sexy at any age.

I'm not crazy about the way she has accessorised the dress from the neck up...too fussy with earrings AND necklace AND those amazing sunglasses. BUT I adore the dress and Anna in it!

Totally agree :wink:

Today is the launch of the fragance, hope we have photos.

anna's twitter

Wow I totally thought that the perfume thing was a joke :lol:

First Look: Anna Dello Russo s new scent!

We’re used to constantly being surprised by Vogue Nippon editor and street style Queen Anna Dello Russo and frankly, her unpredictability is yet another reason why we love her. From her bold outfit choices straight from the designer’s catwalk to her Twitter words of wisdom - “WHY I LOVE BLOGGERS? Cause they make us IN CONTACT after years of DEAFNESS in own golden cells” is a recent favourite, ADR as she surely must now be known as, simply rocks our fashion world.

Last week she announced that she’s launching a perfume – a first among editors – called ‘Beyond’, set to hit the stores just in time for Christmas this year. We just found out through her blog that today is the official launch date and as well as some vague details, we have an image for the ad campaign! Intriguingly, the perfume bottle consists of a golden shoe – hence the magical gold slipper – and the two main ingredients are vanilla and almonds. We think we know what will be going in our Christmas stockings already!
-Kiki Georgiou
graziadaily.co.uk

Interview: Anna Dello Russo

For those who don’t know, Anna Dello Russo is the Italian editor at large & creative consultant for Vogue JAPAN. Street style photographers stalk her wherever she goes as she only wears couture and outfits once. She’s a true style icon! Read our exclusive interview after the jump…

Do you read fashion blogs?
Yes of course! I started at the beginning of 2010 because of all this interest in this online digital media, but I always followed Scott (Schuman), Garance and Tommy Tom since they started.

If so, which are some of your favorites?
My favs are: The Sartorialist, Garance Doré, Jak and Jil, BryanBoy, Chic Muse, Shelby, All The Pretty Birds, Purple Diary, Self Service Blog, Style Rookie, The Love Magazine, Swide Magazine, and Scala Regia.

Which fashion shows are not to be missed?
None. I like to see every show. I really enjoy the vibe when the shows start.

What is the one thing in your closet that you can’t live without?
Shoes! I can survive without clothes, but I will die if i don’t get the right shoes. I collect them I have more than 4,000 pairs of shoes and if I can wear a Zara dress, I cannot wear cheap shoes.

When in New York, where do you shop?
Because I travel so much I like to shop properly in each different city. For example US designers in NYC (Marc Jacobs, Phi, Proenza Schouler, Alexander Wang, Joseph Altuzarra, Rodarte,) French designers in Paris, and Italian designers in Milan.

What is the biggest challenge facing fashion editors today?
To not get old! Fashion keeps me young and keeps my eyes fresh. I have to update myself every morning. I’m so curious about all the visionary phenomena that changes the contemporary scenario. I call myself “the vestal of fashion” because for me fashion is a muse and you must seduce her. How? You have to feed the creative fire, so it doesn’t vanish.

If you have been given a weekend to so anything, anywhere, what would you do?
I love to do intensive workshop of Astanga yoga completed by a long swim, meditation, and pranayama

Many consider yourself their fashion icon. Who is yours?
Carine Roitfeld. She has always fascinated me with her intriguing attitude and her incredible way of dressing.

What advice would you give fashion bloggers with dreams of becoming magazine editors?
I always say that the visibility is not enough to start in this profession, it’s hard work. You need to assist some editors with humbleness and devotion for a least 10 years. You must to do without speaking and with a watchful eyes only to learn.

If you weren’t a fashion editor, what would you be doing?
A Saleswoman. I love buying clothes and I’d like to be in a shop dressing up other women.

Thanks Anna, check out her great blog here

fashionindie.com

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->