Celine F/W 10.11 Paris

I am not crazy about this either, I'd venture to express a letdown from Phoebe's stellar debut... :heart: those bags, though.

Phoebe Philo never fails to amaze me, this is minimalism at it's best!

You can still see the amazing detail of every piece of the collection even without the pictures being in HQ.

Can't wait for a full catwalk video of the show!

my favorite collection so far. phoebe can't do no wrong. :wub:

that girl can cut a MEAN skirt. forget about those pvc numbers we saw at prada, these shiny creations she put forward here will inspire a million copies. mark my words.

with that said, lvmh could not have timed this entire endeavor more perfectly. could there honestly have been a moment to bring on a designer with her skill at a house like celine at a moment when the new minimalism has established itself as one of the strongest trends in fashion right now? i love how she's transforming this house into something so specific and precise that in but a year we can immediately identify "the celine look" in a way that we haven't been able to do in over a decade.

give me those bags, give me those skirts, give me those turtlenecks, give me those belts, those coats, those shoes: this stuff is simply retail gold.

There is a sense of 90's Jil Sander to this which is very attractive. It's pure, clean, minimal yet not boring. The word is "immaculate". I like it a lot, actually, I prefer it over her debut for Spring. They're gonna sell a lot of this come Fall

Agree that it is 90s Calvin Klein without offering more for "minimalism", no new cuts, materials, ideas. Why would I pay Celine prices for unremarkable clothes? Today's Calvin Klein is what minimalism needs to be for this century - clean, simple, clear and spectacularly cut and constructed.

Céline - F/W 10.11 - Preview/Full Edited Show - High Definition. (All Looks)

sharp dressed woman. its easy to see this as the base to build around because its simple and beautifully cut.

i really like these 3 but especially the knits.

style

Attachments

• 00120m.jpg
    00120m.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 13
  • 00140m.jpg
    00140m.jpg
    80.4 KB · Views: 9
  • 00180m.jpg
    00180m.jpg
    70.7 KB · Views: 8
I love this collection! This coats, especially white, I like color combinations of black and white, like leather items. And accessories....they are great! Very classy and wearable collection!

Im sorry to be the only one this time, apparently
but i hate this collection, it's clear that Im not the target audience for the brand
Phoebe is clearly evolutioning, or older, and you can see that in her designs, im glad for her, but
minimalism...well i cant find any single appealing thing on this show

is it me, or this season is a weak one?:shock:

I agree - I find it utterly unappealing, as a collection, too.

Maybe in the late '90s (when I preferred minimalism), but not now...

It's well cut and there are certainly a few pieces I might wear, but only as part of a far more interesting look of my own making.

...and I'm sorry, but the half-mast trousers are truly horrible.

I feel as though she's trying so hard to make a break from Chloe, that she's gone way too far the other way.

Maybe I'm just not old enough to appreciate it, though? I know Phoebe said, when she first took the job, that she was trying to figure out 'what old chicks want to wear' (or words to that effect) but, thinking about it, I find that whole attititude a little condescending, to be honest; as though 'old chicks' are all the same and only want to wear safe, boring clothes, with not even an interesting accessory to lift them a bit?

...and how old are these 'old chicks' supposed to be, anyway? 40s? 50s? 60s? Older?

Also, I don't find the middle of a recession/depression (and it still feels that way, to me - some 'good' US jobless numbers just reflect the fact that people have given up looking for work, IMO!) the time I want to buy boring clothes, either.

Quite the reverse, actually - I need something really special, to prise the money out of my wallet!

I prefer Stella's take on minimalism - even though it's not as well cut, it's less stark and feels more relevant, to me.

Crossing my fingers that Chloe will be a lot more interesting! :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Has a very early 90s vibe to me. I'm sure my mum used to have about half this stuff in her wardrobe. Still - a lovely collection and I think will really set the tone for many designers for next season.

beautiful collection. i really like that skirt deborah muller is wearing.

same 90's vibe for me too. also i have to say, even this collection is minimal but really well.made, i prefer the pre-fall collection!i love that one :smile:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peytontung
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->