Celine F/W 10.11 Paris

her pre fall was WOW , as other tfsers mentioned its too severe and those half mast pants are so wrong . Her spring show was youthful and pre fall was excellent but these clothes are depressing and matronly. It conjures up images of 50 year old teacher who lost her job walking on a cold grey day.

i want to love it because i love her, but i hate the leather pockets on the dresses and coats, and the deep slits.

To me, it's a great " less is more" collection.
I love the coats, the jackets, the cape ...

there are definitely some pieces i like but i prefer S/S 10 much more.

Did you see the EXCELENT white fabric used for the shirts? What a superb quality! :shock: I love the long details falling from the necks, the beautiful back of some shirts, the brooches (which remind me of Chéri :heart:) and the black leather skirt.

Phoebe is so talented. :blush:

Phoebe has always been the quiet and skilled Rumpelstiltskin with the exact hand. Pure killer talent and never hyped filler.

Strong collection for Celine. Like others have mentioned, I immediately sense the ghost of Helmut Lang: All that leather sensually enveloping parts of the women like seductive bondage with a sly sheen on matte wool. The sleek military stance. And the long and lean lines. Very Helmut, but still distinctively in line with the Celine women.

Dig it.

Last edited by a moderator:
It was a strong colection, not so strong as ss', but still Phoebe is a genius in feminien minimalism to me.

Perfect.

It's sleek, sharp, practical, quietly luxurious and sexy in a way. These are investment pieces. PP understands that women do not want to be treated as objects or characters. They want something that suit them without compromising them.

the céline style signature is well intact with philo at the helm. loving her takeover.

rkubgl.png
xkoxlx.png

Melissa Tammerijn for Show Studio's "Perfect A/W Editorial" featuring Phoebe Philo's A/W 2010 Celine collection
Directed by Ruth Hogden
Styling Katie Shilingford

Click here to watch the video: http://showstudio.com/project/perfect

2vjtuz7.png

15g8bpk.png

screencaps by me from showstudio

There are some great pieces in this collection. It's simple, not terribly exciting, but there are great cuts.

her pre fall was WOW , as other tfsers mentioned its too severe and those half mast pants are so wrong . Her spring show was youthful and pre fall was excellent but these clothes are depressing and matronly. It conjures up images of 50 year old teacher who lost her job walking on a cold grey day.

I agree but I also have to say that this is pretty timeless too, but "timelessness" isn't always a good thing especially when you tend to be boring like celine f/w 10-11 does

I really like this a lot, but I think I liked SS10 a bit better. Phoebe is a wonderful talent, but my sense is that she might need a bit more time to make her vision cohere a bit more seamlessly with the Celine brand. I see a lot of Raf and a lot of Francisco Costa combined with her ideas here, and I look forward to seeing more purity of vision on her part.

Regardless, there's nothing here I wouldn't wear (if I could afford it - LOL), and I think the leathers are divine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
treasureagence
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->