Christian Dior HC F/W 12.13 Paris

Christian Dior is having one serious identity crisis, or a mid life crisis. :huh:

So Bill Gaytten wasn't so bad after all, was he?

I've never thought that I would say this, but Gaytten's work looked at least a little bit more theatrical than this. This was just a fixed version of his last collection for Jil Sander (putting some Dior elements on them, that's it).

It was a nice show. But not very Dior. Even less very Haute Couture.

Does he know he's not working anymore for Jil Sander?This looked like a more refined version of Jil Sander indeed...it was SO bad!
To all people who said Gaytten's HC collection was the worst in whole Dior history...can you really say this was better? :lol: this does not look like couture AT ALL

All I could think of was "Jil Sander Jil Sander Jil Sander" .... oh well..

it's quite beautiful though, regardless. :smile: I thought the set looked better in pictures though.

Last edited by a moderator:
Absolutely stunning collection. The Galliano era is over, and Christian Dior has wiped its hands clean of him.

disappointed with how veeeery jil sander this is. i hate how he just transfered all of his jil sander ideas onto dior, including setting and casting.
i only like the updated 'new look'-pieces, they were the only ones to suit the dior aesthetics i think.
as much as i love raf, but i'm not impressed at all this time.

did he take his entire jil sander team with him to dior? does anyone know? because that would explain a lot

Some of the pieces were a bit hit and miss, but the beautiful gowns and the pink and black cigarette pant outfit made up for it. I think I like it but as MelancholyBaby said, I need time to digest it.

I've never thought that I would say this, but Gaytten's work looked at least a little bit more theatrical than this. This was just a fixed version of his last collection for Jil Sander (putting some Dior elements on them, that's it).

It was a nice show. But not very Dior. Even less very Haute Couture.

even RTW F/W 12 is better than THIS SO-CALLED haute couture :innocent::yuk:

Loved it. I don't think one should attribute couture to theatrics since that was Galliano's vision of Dior. I loved the play on volumes, the silhouettes. Some looks could have been better but all in all, better than the designs that were done in the latter part Galliano's tenure and Gaytten's.

Where do I even begin?
First and foremost, the live-stream was utter sh**.
From what I saw, it was all "Jil Sander". A lot of the dresses did remind me if vintage dior, which I guess was the only exceptional thing.

kWqcn.jpg
BnXrs.jpg

7Q9bU.jpg
g5JQF.jpg

989B7.jpg
lG6MX.jpg

XRtVg.jpg
ECTn9.jpg

m01Xw.jpg
m3I27.jpg

Kim07.jpg
qtKHi.jpg

7M7E1.jpg
Vtdyi.jpg

-my screenshots from dior.com

I love how everyone's judging this collection just by watching a crappy livestream.

Last edited by a moderator:
Does he know he's not working anymore for Jil Sander?This looked like a more refined version of Jil Sander indeed...it was SO bad!
To all people who said Gaytten's HC collection was the worst in whole Dior history...can you really say this was better? :lol: this does not look like couture AT ALL

Then you have absolutely no idea what couture looks like.

I really liked Raf's take on Dior and on couture. Some of the pieces reminded me of 50s Dior but with a modern update. Job well done, Raf. :smile:

Is there a Dior Couture show today? When does it start..?:huh:

Lol why is everyone so surprised about the presentation? I thought it was a beautifully executed collection. And it's about time the house started from a much cleaner scratch. I died over the silhouettes like holy cow it was unreal...

it reminded me of Jil Sander, Balenciaga and the very old Christian Dior. it wasn't too experimental, it was too safe from him, but really beautiful though...

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hosewearer
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->