Christian Dior HC F/W 12.13 Paris

I don't get why everyone is so disappointed.
I think we all should forget about Galliano's Dior and move on to accept what the new Christian Dior is about. I think Raf is continuing what Gaytten had started, but in a more subtile, classy and elegant vision.
I can't wait to see the HQs.

Then you have absolutely no idea what couture looks like.

Exactly! I think everyone is far used to there being such a spectacle around Couture that the true sense of what it is all about is completely lost, due to the era of John Galliano, I'm not saying I never enjoyed that period of time, but I think things are taking a swift direction back to minimalism with houses such as Céline, Hermés, Jil Sander being at the fore front of it.

This was Couture at it's best, the simplicity, the cut, the fit, the shapes, it was to die for!

I can understand the comparison to his work at Jil Sander, but that is what his aesthetic is, it's not what Jil did, it's what Raf does and he can carry on doing that if this is what we're likely to see each season, it was truly gorgeous.

The set was stunning too and what a star studded front row, from Nick Knight, Riccardo Tisci, Azzedine Alaîa, Alber Albaz, Stella Tennant etc etc...

:heart:

i think the reason we dont like it. because galliano gave us too much in HC ~~
That's true, Galliano provided plenty of drama and extravagance but that was in a completely different period for fashion. Everything was tackier, more over-the-top and flashier in the early 00's whereas now designers are collectively showing a more muted vision of a woman who doesn't rely on bling and high slits to impress. Mind you I am all for 00's tackiness, but only when it's done by the right person...and Raf is definitely not the one for that.

P.S. 269 people :ninja:

Last edited by a moderator:
bennyboy I think the reason we dont like it is because it yells Jil Sander by Raf. I think Bill could do it better, at least what he used to do was very Dior.

And I see Christian Dior FINALLY. Dior with Christian was all about these elegant and sometimes over the top volumes.
Galliano era is over. No more theatrical pieces. That was not what Dior was about. Dior was about this:
http://forums.thefashionspot.com/f116/1905-1957-christian-dior-50092.html

Although I was expecting this for the main collection, not the Haute couture one. Here I wanted to see some gowns.

Exactly! I think everyone is far used to there being such a spectacle around Couture that the true sense of what it is all about is completely lost, due to the era of John Galliano, I'm not saying I never enjoyed that period of time, but I think things are taking a swift direction back to minimalism with houses such as Céline, Hermés, Jil Sander being at the fore front of it.

This was Couture at it's best, the simplicity, the cut, the fit, the shapes, it was to die for!

I can understand the comparison to his work at Jil Sander, but that is what his aesthetic is, it's not what Jil did, it's what Raf does and he can carry on doing that if this is what we're likely to see each season, it was truly gorgeous.

The set was stunning too and what a star studded front row, from Nick Knight, Riccardo Tisci, Azzedine Alaîa, Alber Albaz, Stella Tennant etc etc...

:heart:
I couldn't agree more.

Some HQ pics would be very nice though.

Galliano left in 2011, if they wanted to carry on the theatrics and glamour that Galliano gave they would have hired someone similar not Raf.
It's time to move on, the comparisons are boring.

bennyboy I think the reason we dont like it is because it yells Jil Sander by Raf. I think Bill could do it better, at least what he used to do was very Dior.
Yes, but as I said before on another thread, Raf was very inspired by '50s/'60s Christian Dior at Jil Sander which is why it doesn't bother me so much that this similar to what he did at Simons.

I expected so much from Raf, some pieces were indeed refreshing but come on, this is so Jil Sander :ninja:

There are a lot of beautiful pieces and there are a lot of forced pieces. The embellished dresses and tops felt like they were there just to make the Collection more Dior if that makes sense, they didn't really bring anything new to the table. The plain pieces with no decoration or frill were the strongest especially those mid calf length structured dresses.

These were some of the best pieces because they merged CD and Raf Simons aesthetics perfectly.

ZVasW.jpg
G5GW7.jpg

kWqcn.jpg
dpxGl.jpg

Li2y9.jpg
YyIGF.jpg

caps by christian zh

The disappointed faces of everyone in the front row said it all. There was a moment when Tim Blanks shut his journal- that sums it up for me.

And I just realized that the pink floor length top with the black pants are a reinterpretation of a black outfit by Dior F/W 49/50. <3
I'm in love!

I can't believe people are actually saying Bill's Dior is better. Are you kidding me? I'd honestly rather see Raf doing Jil Sander at Dior than see Bill at Dior again.

I would rather die than see Gaytten still at Dior. I mean, apart from his shoddy design, has everyone just suddenly forgotten Gaytten's first show at Dior? Which also happened to be couture? I have never seen anything so monstrous or contrived.

Raf Simons may be playing it safe, but he has seamlessly blended his transition from Jil Sander to Dior; he's repeated those pinks he used in his final collection, and he's embracing the trademark Dior silhouettes.
If Simons arrived at Dior with metallic A-line dresses and black fringed body-con pieces it wouldn't be Dior - he has to be Dior but be himself, both at the same time.
Give him a few seasons and I have faith that he will make the Dior icon a modern lady.

I love this collection,to be honest I think regardless of the cut or the choice of the fabric are just like the return of 50s,RS transforms this brand into a more refined and low-key one.

yup u kind of right in some way, but does anyone even think about how hard is this collection to Raf ? Can we just give him more time~~:flower:

nowfashion

Chic, if I little underwhelming. But I am certainly not going to judge Raf by a single couture show. He's new to couture and I have no doubt that he will figure it out, continue to grow and get better. I enjoyed his previous work and clearly Dior wanted a new direction when they hired him. I'm still looking forward to that direction, even if this collections suffers from overly high expectations.

What a stunning collection! :heart: Very elegant and beautiful. I'm really happy for Raf, he did an amazing job. Quite excited for more!

Everyone can keep saying that this is such a good collection etc, but My God, I don't care.

I'm still thinking that Ferre's era and Galliano's era were the best times for Dior/.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hosewearer
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->