Coloured tights

I think I will start trying this with shades of purple.
I already have a very dark purple pair that isn't too bold but I will start working my way from that.....
and then onto the blue maybe....
I love all the bright smurfy blues. :heart:

Softgrey- I can enlarge your pics now...
I love the teal....
so subtle but such a good twist and goes great with the grey dress.
Your style is perfect.

Last edited by a moderator:
I love the subtle mist shade from Commes Des Garcons and bottle green tights and have been quite tempted by buying a yellow pair.
As long as there's no acidic playdough crazy new-rave coorination going on it can look as good as opaque black.

OMG, this thread is new? I have been doing them two years ago.....

I have them in electric blue, olive green, red, purple, mustard yellow, grey and going to buy a cinemon red pair.

They are absolutely the coolest thing to wear with mini dress and ankle boots, even high boots and knee high socks!!!

where is the best place to buy these tights? I read the reviews on American Apparel and everyone says that the waist band is too tight?

my purple tights are exactly like that Paris girl's! :heart:

where is the best place to buy these tights? I read the reviews on American Apparel and everyone says that the waist band is too tight?

I like to wear my AA ones, they are not tight for me at all.... H&M sells great ones as well, but they are so much cheaper

i bought mine at New Look for 3 pound i think...
Topshop has some great ones too but they're so overpriced...

A good place to find colored tights could actually be your local discount store. At my TJ Maxx and Daffy's store, I always find purple or burgundy tights in the discount bin. Once, I even found two pairs of red Wolford tights for $0.99^_^

Online, I've bought tights the colored E.G. smith tights from Sock-Dreams, but they seem to be out of stock on a lot of the colors. I've also seen them in Urban Outfitters in the past before. They are also available on Socksmith, but I have never ordered anything from the site, so I can't personally vouch for it . . They are kind of expensive, but I really love them.

I've also bought the tights from Stocking Girl, but I like my tights quite opaque, and they got runs in them quickly. But the color selection is really nice.

On the American Apparel tights, I'll agree about the waistband--I couldn't wait to get them off by the end of the day. I think maybe because they are very high-waisted?

I've also heard raves about Tabio . . . but as a sad stateside person, I don't have any experience with their wares.

I have tights in every colour imaginable my favorites though are: dove grey,mustard yellow,ocrre, rust, red, blue,navy, purple, school girl grey, grey, turqoise, and white. those are the ones i wear most. i like them with an all black outfit to add a boost of colour :smile:

my pet hate is when you can see through the tihts slightly imo they have to bee 80 denier or more .. very thick so you cant see through them. I also love wooly coloured tights so snuggly

my fav colour combinations atm are .. brown/ocre, brown/dove grey, brown/mustard yellow,grey/mustard yellow,purple/grey

does anyone else find that some colours are way more flattering to the legs them others ? what colours do u find most flattering ?

heads up for any brits primark has every colour imaginable in tights for £1 .. they are slightly see through tho as only 40 den but if you want them less see through u can always double them up for that price

^^oh im planning to check Primark this week too! :heart:

i love colored tights! i need to get some more for this year. last year a got a great berry/ wine colored pair from jcrew that were only $14.50 and good quality! here's the jcrew pairs that they are currently selling in bright colors..

61277_PK6265.jpg
61277_BL7297.jpg
61277_YL5719.jpg

jcrew.com

the berry one's are quite similar to mine, they look darker in person, but they are so flattering. they look better than my black tights in my opinion.

oh i def wanna have blue ones...but not bright blue, more darker blue...

One of my favorite pictures of colored tight, from the Sartorialist last year:
Caperedlegs.jpg

(Image of Tennessee Thomas, The Sartorialist)

Last edited by a moderator:
^yeah thats such a great outfit!! the bright tights, like those red ones, look best when paired with neutrals. :heart:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OnceUponAModel
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->