Concealer

Lisa314 said:
Mine lasted two years. I washed the brush occasionally with a little soap (a drop or two) and water then let it air dry.

Mina_KF said:
:shock: wow two years?! That sounds great, now Im definitely going to buy it.
(Yeah I aslo heard that it doesnt stink rotten if you wash it now and then.)

thanks for the help Lisa:flower:

:flower: You're welcome Mina_KF.

I was told recently not to use waxy, stick concealor under the eyes because it has a tendancy to smudge (and i think theres alot of truth in that). It was suggested that I use liquid concealor instead, and I was wondering if anyone could reccomend a decent concealor for under the eyes. Thanks!

Mina_KF said:
:shock: wow two years?! That sounds great, now Im definitely going to buy it.
(Yeah I aslo heard that it doesnt stink rotten if you wash it now and then.)

thanks for the help Lisa:flower:

I think I uses 2 to 3 a year. It really depends on how much you use it.
I've never washed mine and they have never gotten rotten. Maybe I've just been lucky. . .

I recently found out that Max Factor's Panstik doubles as an AWESOME concealer. I use it for its purpose (foundation) but it can be used for concealer, too. I have my new HG of makeup :smile:

twilight fairy said:
Bobbi Brown Creamy Concealer has by far been the best concealer I've ever used..! :heart:

I think that stuff smells funny :sick:

^^You are the first person who has agreed with me regarding Bobbi Brown. I used her foundation and it smelled like Desitin to me. Never smelt her concealer, though. It may just be me, though. I use Chanel and some people think IT smells icky.

Isn't it weird that alot of makeup brands do indeed have a weird smell? Don't these companies know that we put it on our faces, near our noses? lol

I hope it's becuase it isn't loaded with perfume. I prefer weird smelling concealer over a perfumed one any day.

I used the maybelline coverstick today (in ivory) instead of my usual CG smoothers (in nuetralizer) to cover my circles. Suprisingly, it worked much better. I like it better than the CG.

I use Kevin Aucoin Sensual Skin Enhancer, the coverage is very very full, a little goes loooong way. The 15ml jar will last forever, I mean forever, you may want to pass it onto your daughter!

why_fashion said:
I use Kevin Aucoin Sensual Skin Enhancer, the coverage is very very full, a little goes loooong way. The 15ml jar will last forever, I mean forever, you may want to pass it onto your daughter!

where can I get that?

What's the best way to cover dark circles under the eyes? At the moment i'm using just a cheap coverup stick but it creases with my eyes (and I'm only 15, not good ^_^) Does it work setting it with powder? Or should I try liquid foundation?

*k.a.t.e* said:
What's the best way to cover dark circles under the eyes? At the moment i'm using just a cheap coverup stick but it creases with my eyes (and I'm only 15, not good ^_^) Does it work setting it with powder? Or should I try liquid foundation?

make sure you moisturize the under eye area with eye cream, eye gel, or just plain moisturizer first. Then apply the concealer. And yeah, setting it with a very LIGHT dusting of powder does help. Just not too much powder or else it can cake up a bit.

has anyone tried the physician's formula "CoverToxTen50" concealer (in think that is what that is called) yet?

I have really dark undereye circles and I just purchased the MAC studiofix concealer palette. Will update on the performance. So far I've tried the Covergirl smoothers, rimmel concealer, touche eclat (to give it a try under the eyes but it's main purpose is highlighting i guess), and everyday minerals power concealer (the best so far). I hope this is the last product I have to try !

FashionJunkie said:
I love Helena Rubinstein's Magic Concealer. Puuur-fect!!

What is the shade selection on that? Alot, or just the usual three shades to choose from as most concealers are?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rakuskoangel
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->