Concealer

I have really big almost purple circles under my eyes (to my immense pleasure may I add:angry:) and I have been using Lancome Long-Lasting Softening Concealer for about three years or so now. However this summer I got really tan so my concealer (#01) was starting to look gray on me so I bought the next one in a slightly darker tone (#02). That worked great for about a month or two but now, when I've lost most of my tan but am nowhere near as pale as I am used to be; neither of them fit me well enough. The #01 still looks gray on me and the #02 looks to dark on me and somehow my purple circles look black! I have absolutely no idea how to conceal my circles these days. Especially not because I don't use any make or powder except perhaps once in a blue moon. I hate these circles, I can not tell you how many times people I have known for a while come up to me and say they thought I was a drug addict at firs because of the purple circles. :cry:

I use MAC's Studio Finish concealer. I use a small brush and apply exactly where it is needed. It covers very well.

^I do that too, it's a great concealer. But not on photographs, it shows up a lot

^ I've never had a problem. I use Bare Escentuals foundation and use the MAC Studio finish concealer and it looks pretty flawless IRL and looks fabulous in photos.

Okay. So i'm a MAKEUP freak. i've got foundation...to a SCIENCE. But the thing is.... how the hell am i supposed to use concealer on a pimple?! I swear i'm ready to just give up. I have studio finish, bobbi brown blemish stick, shiseido, YSL, Chanel, etc etc...and when i apply they just seem to go on, and then with a couple quick touches to try and blend, vanish from my skin. i've taken to just putting my foundation on (chanel double perfection, or revlon colorstay, they both do the same stuff, i just love the color of chanel...) and after it's about set, I pop on some studio fix powder on my *few* spots (i use retin-a micro, and it kills all the pimples, i just have a prob with red spots since my skin is so flippin pale.) it does the trick, but in florida, can look a bit cakey at times.... i just wish i could find a good way to do it =(

Givenchy's Mister Light is the absolute best concealer I've tried. Especially in the pen format - I find its MUCH better than the vaulted Touche Eclat and Dior's Skinflash Radiance. Its just gold - the coverage is amazing and its so portable. The absolute best thing I've found for sleepy tired eyes.

Laura Mercier's Undercover is also great - though its really the Secret Concealer portion of the duo that does the trick.

Last edited by a moderator:
Okay. So i'm a MAKEUP freak. i've got foundation...to a SCIENCE. But the thing is.... how the hell am i supposed to use concealer on a pimple?! I swear i'm ready to just give up. I have studio finish, bobbi brown blemish stick, shiseido, YSL, Chanel, etc etc...and when i apply they just seem to go on, and then with a couple quick touches to try and blend, vanish from my skin. i've taken to just putting my foundation on (chanel double perfection, or revlon colorstay, they both do the same stuff, i just love the color of chanel...) and after it's about set, I pop on some studio fix powder on my *few* spots (i use retin-a micro, and it kills all the pimples, i just have a prob with red spots since my skin is so flippin pale.) it does the trick, but in florida, can look a bit cakey at times.... i just wish i could find a good way to do it =(
get a concealer brush and put a very miniscule amount of concealer on it. Tap tap tap tap it on the blemish lightly and literally paint the zit away.

um, wish you were here to do it, cause literally, i have a chanel, mac, and nars conceal. brush, and they all seem to do the same. and i've just taken to liquid foundation, followed by studio fix on spots, and then loose powder... it's much easier than fighting with concealor.

I make sure I have an eye cream first -- I use Natura Bisse. Then I put on BB corrector and then concealer and then my chanel liquid foundation. I use a primer first (Face Time) and that helps with everything. I finish off with La mer powder. That pulls it all together.

Givenchy's Mister Light is the absolute best concealer I've tried. Especially in the pen format - I find its MUCH better than the vaulted Touche Eclat and Dior's Skinflash Radiance. Its just gold - the coverage is amazing and its so portable. The absolute best thing I've found for sleepy tired eyes.

I wanted to buy YSL Touche Eclat, but on the end i decided for Chanel Eclat Lumiere and i really love it, the shade fits me perfectly, it's imo better than YSL's, but I'm gonna buy Givenchy's next time.:woot:

I've tried tons of concealers, including the really expensive ones. My holy grail is Revlon Colorstay- it covers blemishes so well and doesn't budge for hours. It works well as an undereye concealer over moisturizer, too.

Concealer is the only makeup I wear, along with the occasional lipgloss... but lately I've been wearing it to a baby prostitute extreme. I'm trying to quit. ^_^

I've read about how, ideally, one should use several different concealers depending on the colour of what is to be covered up. For example, green concealer on redness, red concealer on greenish under-eye circles, skin-coloured concealer on brown blotches... etc. I have not found a brand which does each of these different types, though. Usually they will only make one type. I have only found one green concealer and it left green bits on my face and did not blend well at all. Does anyone know which store sells good concealers for covering specific colours?

Help! Where can I get good concealer. I'm african-american but I can't ever find anything to fit my skin tone. I dont like powdered concealers. I want the stick kind but all of them are for light skined people. I also have deep creases outside my nose.

i found the perfect one
clinique light petal 03

I had been using MAC's Select Moisturecover until I switched to Laura Mercier's Secret Concealer followed by a touch of her Traslucent Loose Powder. LM one looks really natural and it doesn't show in photos, like MAC's did. I'll definetly stick to LM :smile:

Concealer is basically the only makeup I wear daily so I can spend as much money as I can on it :smile: The best one for me is Loreal touch magic it has a brilliant coverage but it doesnt cover well if you have really bad scars , but for the light ones its perfect , it makes your skin look good and no one can tell your wearing it !! :shock:
If you want really good coverage MAC studio fix gives ! :flower:

Undereye Concealer: Gray Tone?

Hi,

I tried a variety of concealers and foundation under my eyes to conceal my dark circles but it always ends up looking gray. I always think I looked better before - which is bad.

I have a ton of weddings coming up and I don't know how to cover up properly looking as natural as possible. My complexion is close to C35 on the MAC website.

Any advice? I really need it. :blush:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rare
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->