Do You Wear Make Up Because >>>

twilight fairy

Reaction score
I know I wouldn't wear any make up if I had no flaws in skin, and if my lashes were longer and more curled up. I don't even enjoy wearing it - I just do to feel a bit more confident.

Most of my friends wear make up just to bring out their features.

i wear makeup to be presentable. its fun, but i dont like it how easy i can become attatched to it, and get really insecure without it. and that probably why i try not to wear alot. alot of makeup just makes me feel caked up and un-natural. i just cover up under my eyes so i wont look zombie-ish, and a little bit of eye makeup to bring out my features.

Being a blond I find that I easily "wash out" and look blurry (if that makes any sense) when I go bare faced.
So mascara is an absolute must.
Other than that, how much/little I wear usually depends on:

A ) My skins condition
:cool: My mood
C ) The occassion

I hardly ever wear makeup, so when I do, I go all out. The works- and I end up looking very strange. I'll do white face powder and weird lips and everything... although I would never wear that out of course. So I suppose my attitude towards makeup doesn't really fit that well into the categories. :ninja:
Maybe when I'm older and have to worry about wrinkles and that I'll start wearing it seriously, but probably not. I honestly feel fake with it on, and I figure, if I'm feeling fake anyhow, why not make it obvious at least? I have more fun, for one thing!

I use makeup to emphasize my features... other than freckles, I have hardly any blemishes, no zits, and my skin tone is pretty even.

I don't wear makeup.
When I look at magazines that have models without makeup on one page and with makeup on another I think about stating though :innocent:

I started wearing makeup on a daily basis about a month ago. I have dark circles around my eyes and my lips are too pale. I use concealer under my eyes, eye shadow, mascara and lipstick/gloss. And that's pretty much it. No foundation, pressed powder or strong, shocking colours.

i wear makeup as a way of emphasizing my features
& making the best of what i have ! :P
makeup to me is fun.

i don't wear foundation b/c i don't need it.
& it makes my pores feel blocked.
i do wear alot of eye makeup & blusher & lip color
ALWAYS concealer under my eyes :doh:

my makeup almost always matches my mood :lol:

I wear makeup cause it's fun. Plus I'm obsessed with lipglosses

I wear make up to mask any flaws in my complexion and to try to emphasize my best features

I don't wear makeup to cover flaws or to accentuate features--I wear makeup as part of a costume...like black liquid liner and red lips if I am feeling kind of 1950s, silver eyeshadow if I am wanting to work a kind of ko-gal look...makeup completes certain types of outfits for me.

I don't wear it every day, probably once a month at most frequent. I find putting on makeup to be a lot of hassle...it takes several tries for me to get it to look the way I want.

I never can find foundation that works with my complexion (pale and a little sallow, with naturally red cheeks). I can't do blush, either, since my cheeks already have color where they want to have it, full stop.

I'm best off with color-between-the-lines types of makeup. There are only so many places some eyeliner or lipstick can be worn. With concealer and foundation, there is all that pesky blending, and I always get some on my hair or eyebrows, which looks pretty disgusting. Also, I have awful skin...constant pimples and blackheads, and concealer/foundation always seems to make them show up worse...like a monotone topographical map. And my skin is so oily that by noon, the foundation has mostly all smudged off anyway, leaving smears here and there, and usually bits of powdery beigey yuk on my clothes.

Eyes and lips are about all I can manage....and nail polish once in a while. Again with the concept of coloring inside of the lines.

i don't wear any makeup (i don't think that lip balm counts :wink: ). the only time i do is when i have a ballet performance and you absoloutly MUST cake it on then: foundation, theatrical paints, fake lashes, liner, lip stain, powder, etc etc etc. it's pretty fun but it takes a lot of time.

I wear just a teeny bit of makeup. If I have a pimple (usually once a month), I'll put a spot of foundation over it and pat it down and then cover it with powder.

On an everyday basis, I wear powder to even my complexion and get rid of shine on my forehead, and some lip gloss or lip balm and mascara, since my eyelashes are blonde and I like to darken them. I also usually wear blush during the winter when my skin looks pale.

I never do bronzers, highlighters, eyeshadow, eyeliner, lipstick, lipliner or all-over foundation.

I wear make-up to "bring out my features" :blush: -as twilight fairy said- but i use only mascara and lipgloss.

I do feel more confident when I am wearing makeup. I usually just go with mascara and blush, but then sometimes I'll throw in some eyeliner, lip gloss and concealer. Never foundation/powder though.. I haven't mastered those yet.

Originally posted by chocsta@Oct 19 2004, 01:55 AM
Never foundation/powder though.. I haven't mastered those yet.
[snapback]400749[/snapback]​

I do not use these to protect my skin from ugly pimples. :yuk:

I feel retarted w/o it on. I wear foundation and mascara..so i dont think thats too much, although im looking for converting to pressed powder or a good tinted moisterizer?

I use it for both....sometimes I have a pimple or something...it needs to be hidden...to even tone .....enhance the different features...

I wouldn't wear as much on my face right now though I admit if I didnt have a allergic breakout of pimples from mineralize powder...

once it clears again then its back to just powder to control shine and to contour some features..

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amywhiffen
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->