Emanuel Ungaro S/S 10 Paris

cant wait to read suzy menkes & cathy horyn reviews.Its sad that a designer would even agree on a partnership like this.There are some individual pieces that look oke just some..

If most hems were a few inches lower, there were no hearts and no flashy colors or bad combinations thereof, this would have been mildly ok. But now it's just a trainwreck.

What will Ungaro himself think of this? I for one think this house has been raped and scarred for good...

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you for finding the entire WWD review, Boomer. :wink:

I hate them for making you pay to view articles, etc. in entirety on their site.

I'm admittedly a Lohan follower, she IS a trainwreck that is hard to turn away from.

The only pieces I liked were the black dresses on the black models.

On the surface it looks okay, nothing innovative or too controversial but thats exactly the problem. It looks part lauren conrad collection, part 80's ungaro (w/o the prints and embelishments) and part high street fashion. Even V&R did a much better heart collection for H&M, and to use heart shaped pasties on nipples, bikini tops and foreheads, is just awful!

It was a deadly collision of celebrity culture and fashion culture on Sunday at the debut of the new Emanuel Ungaro collection with Lindsay Lohan as artistic advisor and Estrella Archs as designer. When Lohan came out for a runway bow, her eyes were full of tears. And it's easy to see why. After all the hullabaloo over her appointment a month ago, with some fashion insiders suggesting it was an insult to anyone who had ever really worked in design, it had to have been the walk of shame to end all.

The fashion crowd is a tough one, and the fangs were out for this collection from the beginning. Unfortunately, the clothes--reportedly whipped together in a mere three weeks -- didn't do anything to defy low expectations.

It's difficult to know whom to blame -- Lohan for taking the job or Ungaro President Mounir Moufarrige for thinking he could install a troubled Hollywood starlet with no fashion training at a venerable French house (even one that cycles through designers faster than Lohan cycles through rehab stints). Or maybe it's the fault of the industry in general, which has put a premium on fast, flashy and addictive fashion, over forward-thinking and creative fashion.
The impulse to focus on the house's signature shade of hot pink was a good one, and that's how the collection began, with a tight minidress draped over one shoulder. There were a lot of minidresses in this show, many of them so short, they seemed to be inviting a TMZ crotch shot.

The second design element was the heart, in a repeating sequin pattern on one jacket and repeating cutouts with sequins peeking out from underneath on another. These were partytime clothes -- ruched leggings in bright blue and purple (Lohan has her own line of leggings too -- 6126), pink harem pants and bandeau bikini tops with heart-shaped charms nestled between the breasts.

But by far the worst offense were the glittery heart-shaped pasties worn under suit jackets. In a word, why? They were just begging to be laughed at. A larger version of the heart pasties also turned up on some of the models' heads.

Nothing in the collection evidenced any real skill or discernible design work. In fact, you could probably find a lot of it already on the shelves at Kitson. I did hear someone remark that they liked the shoes, which had narrow, stair-step heels.

Still, there's really no defending this misguided collection, other than as a desperate bid for attention from a house that hasn't mattered since its founder retired in 2004. I just don't think it's the kind of attention they had in mind.
-- Booth Moore
latimesblogs.latimes.com

I dont think it's bad at all

I find, also as many of you, that the hearts are quite frightening to wear, but the little mini skirt just got my eyes
I think we have to wait them to developed a nicer collection still
it's the first and its not bad, certainly better than esteban (for sure

I'll give it an ok, just an ok collection

As Much as i want to hate it........Its Actually Really good.... i see many sellable peices and i also see some great editoral work..... its quite hot..... Bravo girls

This dress looks EXACTLY like something ive seen before but i cant remembre where :(

ungass100005.jpg

catwalking via Jungla_Juana

TBH, i quite like it

We all know this is not good but it could have been so so so so so much worse. It's not nearly as horrid as it sounds on paper.

And to be honest it's a lot better than what Cortazar was doing...

Ihave a feeling she could have sent karls white paper collection and they would have still tore her a new one

This is SURE going to sell, and it seems that the most important thing this days is sells without caring about art, decence or integrity.

YET, I have to say that i like this. Apart from the utterly terrible hearts (Agatha Ruiz deja-vu), I think it's not a bad collection, especially for being THE FIRST LINDSAY'S COLLECTION. I don't think this is as bad as expected. There are actually some very pretty garments. And I think that actually no one was expecting much from this, so I think it's kind of a nice surprise.

to be fair, it's not a great collection. It's not a bad one though, especially considering it was reportedly done in three weeks.

to be fair, it's not a great collection. It's not a bad one though, especially considering it was reportedly done in three weeks.

Yeah, it's just... really nothing. It's almost a waste of time and build-up. You would have thought it would have been an absolute trainwreck (and I mean several trains colliding and mass hysteria), or something spectacular. Although it had a very slim chance of being spectacular. :innocent:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
treasureagence
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->