Gucci F/W 07.08 Milan

I don't like it, some of the outfits are ok but there are also a lot hideous...:ninja:

i think the (new) gucci girl is very trendy, doesn't necessarily know alot about fashion, but loves to dress up and look like her favorite celebs. i dont know if thats who frida is, or if thats who gucci group is targeting but it seems to me that these "theme" collections with their easy yet coveted standout pieces are super marketed. im referring to the disco platform pumps that everyone knocked off, the little disco dresses, the stockings... its all very alluring and coveted by a certain woman... a woman who doesnt really have a personal and unique sense of style. she wants to keep up with the "trends" and gucci makes some of the most commercial, nice versions of the trends.

wow, i actually like a lot of it, which is something because i hated the past couple collections.

its quite odd to see plaid and tweed though, i never thought of gucci and plaid together

Very old Hollywood sort of thing. Great hair and make up. This is expected frmo Gucci, it's been a while since I've liked a Gucci collection.

yeah, some clothes are really nice, but boots and bags with gucci logos on them are awful

Let me echo the sentiments of those who've said that Gucci lacks any shred of an identity.

This woman is easily the most schizophrenic designer working today. In four short seasons she has yet to develop an idea and create an image of today's Gucci girl. Salvatore said it best when he mentioned that she seemed so determined to rip away any shred of Ford's Gucci that she completely forgot to consider the image she was replacing it with. Love it or hate it, but at least under Tom Gucci stood for something specific.

It seems to me like she approaches a collection from a place of creating "cute cothes" rather than thinking about the bigger picture.

Now, onto the collection at hand, in someone else's hands, 40's glamour could have been so chic. Modern twists on dressy daywear complete with a peek-a-boo bang would have been fab. Unfortunately this is either too vintage, or just plain random looking English manor dressing. She's also alienating her most visible customer, the Rachael Zoe clique. What the hell are Micha and Lindsay gonna take away from this?

The best way to describe Gucci these days is fragmented at best, and that's a f***ing shame.

Last edited by a moderator:
what exactly is the "gucci woman?"
for the past few seasons, she (giannini) has been exploring so many different thoughts that it's hard to tell...

maybe she's in the process of figuring it out??....
as for the accessories sucking....perhaps she's trying so hard on the clothes that everything else falls behind....

i dont know....i'm not a gucci fan....
i dont know whats going on....i just feel bad for the poor woman...
with all this tfs criticism....:lol:....

this colection is all over the place, little disapointed

masquerade said:
its quite odd to see plaid and tweed though, i never thought of gucci and plaid together

yea, this really isn't working for me...

I change my mind after viewing feregamo and cavalli

Relative to her past collections , she did a good job , but the fact she was dealing with an era where clothes were glamourous (1930s) an era which other milan designers, notably cavalli and ferragamo referenced , Gucci failed . I mean lots of the outfits look straight off an H&M mannequin come fall 2007, very hodge podge. I was looking at feregamos collection each piece is beautiful , like there is a constant consistency and there is this glossy yet wearable opulence to them . With Gucci for every 1 good outfit they are 5 dull ones .

Last edited by a moderator:
Haven't Gucci's sales surged under Frida's name?? Also, nowadays Gucci seems to have more editorial pages. Anyway LVMH and Gucci Group are concerned with one thing: MONEY!! If her designs weren't selling, Gucci would drop her. Look at Galliano and his commercial collections since 2005...the pressure's on to sell, but I guess it comes at the expense of creativity and design! I don't like this collection from what I've seen, but I also hate that still after numerous collections from Tom Ford's departure we still speak his name, Tom Ford had his criticism with his designs as well!

susie_bubble said:
Too much literal glamour for me....I'm not a Gucci kinda girl though so its not my bag.... but I do think it all looks a bit too 'try hard' glamour...

Totally agree with you.

00010m.jpg
00020m.jpg

00030m.jpg
00040m.jpg

00050m.jpg
00060m.jpg

00070m.jpg
00080m.jpg

00090m.jpg
00100m.jpg

00110m.jpg
00120m.jpg

00130m.jpg
00140m.jpg

Source: Style.com

those ruched skinny pants look hideous gives the clothes a very street look...

I hate it as always...
besides 2 dresses which are quite beautiful

I so can't stand Frida at Gucci! :furious:

Those evening gowns make me so sad.....
There's no elegance at all in this collection. I just don't understand her at all and she seems like such a nice lady.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nomnes
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->