Gucci F/W 07.08 Milan

This reminds me of the Gucci collection Tom Ford did for autumn/winter 1998'99

I was expecting a lot more now that Yvan Mispleare is part of Frida's team. This isn't terrible but some of this is just so irrelevant. I do like the dresses though.

That one bag looks like luggage! The shoes: I love, The clothes?..... .. ...end of sentence.

I really don't understand the appeal of the ocelot/jaguar fur-looking breastplate thingy pictured at the bottom of post #5--unless of course you're an Aztec fancy dancer. But then you likely have a cousin in Oaxaca who can make one for you much cheaper.

frida never finishes a thought, does she?
this collection doesn't so much seem all over the place as it seems "out of place"...

what exactly is the "gucci woman?"
for the past few seasons, she (giannini) has been exploring so many different thoughts that it's hard to tell...

this collection to me is part prada, part cavalli, and honestly, part michael kors...:ninja:

I'm not sure, it reminds a bit of the s/s 2006 gucci, which was 30's shapes also...this is 30's shapes but in the winter...
I can't help but notice how the hair of cavalli and gucci look alike...it worked for cavalli, but not for gucci
For me the gucci girl is not that glamourous...she is a bit hard, edgy, sexier than others...I see something inconstant on Frida's work, and after 4 seasons, I think I can say I don't like her, she is been doing everything, the disco, the boho the 30's now glamour...and it's not convincing me
even the bags are bad

Oooh. Looks a little too Cavalli for me, but I like how this is a softer glamour, instead of last Fall's hard edge.

i dont like this, it just doesnt fit together
some things are nice, but as a whole...no thanks

ilaughead said:
Oooh. Looks a little too Cavalli for me, but I like how this is a softer glamour, instead of last Fall's hard edge.

I'm glad someone else see's some Cavalli in this, as I was going through yahoo, and the first image of Sasha came up, I thought it was from the Cavalli collection.

The thing that confuses me tremendously is that Frida being an accessories designer, her accessories are really bad at the moment compared to when Tom was creative director. The clothes, in my opinion, are the nicest I have seen from her. Unfortunately though, she has not successfully defined the Gucci girl yet, but instead put her in completely limbo. Frida lacks the refinement, precision, and hard-edge glamour that was Tom Ford. Consequently, that's what Gucci was defined by. To be honest, I think she's tried so hard to strip Gucci of any hint of Tom Ford (that's one of the things she's accomplished :rolleyes:), but probably forgot to replace it. I just think she lacks creative vision/focus enough to stay coherent and consistant to maintain a luxury image for Gucci.

(And I could hardly tell Gucci from Cavalli apart this time.....:ninja:)

Last edited by a moderator:
Salvatore said:
The thing that confuses me tremendously is that Frida being an accessories designer, her accessories are really bad at the moment compared to when Tom was creative director.

I really feel that too

I actually like the tweedish bags...:ninja:

It's not a great collection by any stretch of the imagination however I love the knee-length pants and the shoes.

I'm a Frida fan, but I agree that she needs to make up her mind already...it's good to explore thoughts and aesthetics, but in order to build a brand one must keep evolving from one thought to the higher level of it....not do this thought and then that one....that's why I think this is not so good. It more seems to be a good Cavalli collection, with indeed Kors influences.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nomnes
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->