Gucci F/W 07.08 Milan

gallianoboy said:
Haven't Gucci's sales surged under Frida's name?? Also, nowadays Gucci seems to have more editorial pages. Anyway LVMH and Gucci Group are concerned with one thing: MONEY!! If her designs weren't selling, Gucci would drop her. Look at Galliano and his commercial collections since 2005...the pressure's on to sell, but I guess it comes at the expense of creativity and design! I don't like this collection from what I've seen, but I also hate that still after numerous collections from Tom Ford's departure we still speak his name, Tom Ford had his criticism with his designs as well!
Well in regards to sales, that has to do with two things. One is that the accessories have exapanded to include even more logos than before, which means they're more accessable and affordable than back in the days of croc and python on everything. Every season Giannini releases a new "line" of bags and shoes with logos out the a$$

Second is the fact that these clothes are much more basic and far less "worked" then the last few years Tom was there, which saw an increase not only in the price of the clothes, but the intricacy of the designs.

As for people still speaking of Mr. Ford, what do you expect? To people who were fans of Gucci during his time there, it's only natural to compare.

The collection, is a lot less 40's glam than it seemed. The glam quotient didn't kick in until the end. The rest is just a hodge-podge of English countryside, equestrian and ladylike.

Last edited by a moderator:
Amelia said:
I so can't stand Frida at Gucci! :furious:

I thought I was bad!:woot::lol::heart:
I'd like to think the only reason why Gucci is keeping her is because they don't want to seem like another fashion house in trouble and transition. I wonder how long her contract is.

Amelia said:
I hate it as always...
I so can't stand Frida at Gucci! :furious:

oh believe me, you're not the only one...:blink: :doh: :innocent: :yuk: :sick:

They should get rid of that woman as soon as possible ...anybody could do a better job

Errr, maybe I've been hitting the crack pipe far too much, but I love this! It's very chic, lady-like with a twist. Maybe it has to do with the fact that I really know nothing about Gucci under either designer, so I'm not judging it by any previous collections.

And I do not understand ewhat everyone is saying about the accessories. Those bags and boots are hot! They were the first thing I noticed and liked.

lack of coherence!!! they should fire Frida already (they've given her enough time to prove herself) - and get someone new, someone fresh - there ARE designers out there u know :wink:

yeah, what IS exactly a Gucci woman????? I don't understand, from season to season i'm kind of confused!!!!

disco54 said:
those ruched skinny pants look hideous gives the clothes a very street look...

haha those were about the only *complete* looks that I liked... but then again... I much prefer the "street" look to anything very glam and dressed up.

I like this, especialy the long dresses and the shoes. :smile:

gallianoboy said:
I don't like this collection from what I've seen, but I also hate that still after numerous collections from Tom Ford's departure we still speak his name, Tom Ford had his criticism with his designs as well!

yes, that is true, but there was a consistency that is sorely lacking here...
everyone knew what the tom ford/gucci woman was all about...
and as spike said, his last few shows (especially f/w 03 and f/w 04) he really upped the ante in terms of construction and details...

if you go onto style.com and look at all the collections frida has designs, there is no common thread (sorry for the pun), no identity...

now that i've seen the entire collection, it really could be a really great kors collection, or kors when he was at celine...

Gucci has just lost the luxury factor in my eyes. Gucci was the epitome of luxury and it stood out, but now it's just another show in Milan almost.

It's killing me. I'm sorry, I have to compare. :innocent:

Frida:
00450m.jpg

Tom:
100095998.jpg

Style.com

To me, same basic idea (almost). But executed so much better by Tom because it looks cut and constructed better.

And no matter how much "sex" was said to be in his collections, it always managed to be refined and not sloppy.

tooooo literal. man and i was looking forward to this. imo frida has really made gucci pedestrian looking. at least her previous collections had a youthful air. you'd think after multiple seasons of people saying milan has lost its edge that someone would try something more risky. HOW MANY SEASONS ARE WE GOING TO SEE KNEE LENGTH TROUSERS AND BOOTS???

100114242.jpg

Style.com

In a single pair of trousers, you got this type of detail under Tom. Of course many may not like them, but I can appreciate the apparent detail in them. I just don't get that from Frida.

the ysl 'influence' is too obvious to me but the eveningwear is beautyful

On first viewing it looked really glamorous, but I'm not loving this at all now and it's not really gelling for me. It's like she wants to do the fourties essence but then can't make it with any modern twists that work so it just doesn't look right.

I like some of the individual pieces, so I don't want to be too critical, but as a collection it's a bit botched.

kimair said:
what exactly is the "gucci woman?"
for the past few seasons, she (giannini) has been exploring so many different thoughts that it's hard to tell...

I agree, for a moment we had a seventies hippy, then a sex goddess, and now a diva hunter with an affinity for Anglo style.

The shoes are bitchin and the white halter dress on Freja is bound to be on the Oscars red carpet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nomnes
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->