Gucci F/W 2020.21 Milan

I'm at work giggling.

I'm not sure I have the attention span to review this right now. But more thrift shop madness. Those gowns are "something"

Harnesses as styling gimmicks are tired and I say that as a muscular gay who loves a harness on the weekends.

This is very japanese street fashion circa late 90s early 00s: oshare kei, elegant gothic lolita, sweet lolita...it totally feels like "Fruits" magazine!

60 looks instead of +100 looks! Well, that´s an improvement...sort of.

Actually lots of fits seems different from the usual, shapes are somewhat unusual for him. But it’s a pity that he didn’t take the direction from SS 2020 that went into the more minimalistic approach.

None of it is attractive or eye-catching (for the right reasons) and I feel after the first few seasons it is really wearing thin....

I just wish Gucci can hire someone that makes Sexy & sleek clothes again....i'm so over this weird ugly aesthetic ...I really miss going to Gucci shows & watching stunning models strut down the runway ..i miss that ...Lord knows i miss Frida Giannini days at this great house ...

Last edited:
this is the first Gucci Collection I don’t like . It doesn’t have the usual poetic strangeness and kooky beauty that I’ve always liked in his collections. Instead this feels like he’s mocking the people he’s dressing, and , for the first time , it comes across as detached and cynical.

Instead this feels like he’s mocking the people he’s dressing, and , for the first time , it comes across as detached and cynical.
Agree. This is nasty. I’m sorry, but some of these “models” are straight up dysgenic.

The casting with these clothes is like a Vice article come to life, a real progressive mess....”I’m a gender-non binary otherkin with a toddler fetish. Here’s how me and boyfriend and girlfriend and pet iguana help me achieve multiple, consensual orgasms on a daily basis.”

It’s really gross.

The show is sort of cute in how infantile it all is: looks like a bunch of PTA parents getting their kidz ready for a school play (probably about importance of sustainability.)
The moral of this perverse little kindergarten school play will, of course, eventually, abruptly, make its way to sustainability and “climate justice,” but I think the most likely theme would be “Sex Ed for Six Year Olds! Kinks for Kids, and More! These aren’t your average playground toys! Boys have a penis, and girls have a vagi- oh wait...” and much more fun to be had by all!!

If you think this is exaggeration on my part, you haven’t been keeping up with American public school curriculum.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
famfaluca
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->