Height / How tall are you? #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I at twenty years of age have grown a full inch!! i am now 5"3 i love being short :wub:

5' 1.5"
T_T...Dreadful! It's hard to get taken seriously since people usually think, "Aww! So small and cute!"

Barefoot: 5'5". Being almost right in the middle, I've had people call me both short and tall. (Shortness runs in the female side of my family- however I'm the tallest by far of all of them.)

But I usually wear heels, appearing anywhere from 5'7"-5'9".

I'm a Boy from Chile and i'm going on exchange to study to europe next year, and i'm 5'7... I've always been the shortest guy at the class and always get bothered about it... so i got a little problems of self-steem with it... I know in europe people is way taller than where i'm from and i've never been there...

so i was wondering is you think i'm gonna look that much of short as i think, and if people is gonna look that much at my height and bothered at it ? it really scrares me :(

how do you go about getting taller? i have a feeling i am 5'5 and im fourteen, i just dont want this to be.. it.

I'm 5'5 and 17 but I grew another inch this summer.. So MAYBE I'll reach 5'6, I like my height anyway

There are pros and cons about being tall. To Dissolved-- I was always off the charts in height and I am 5'9"ish now. I grew until I was about 15, But i heard that you will grow up to a year after getting your period, and then you're totally done.

I like being tall because I can pull off many looks and its easy to stay slim and look great in so may clothes. I have long legs so it's a nice perk to be able to wear awesome designer jeans. I also like dating tall guys and I like looking tall next to my boyfriend.

On the other hand, being short is awesome because you can flaunt heels all the time. I never want to wear heels, even though i love them SO much!

There are pros and cons about being tall. To Dissolved-- I was always off the charts in height and I am 5'9"ish now. I grew until I was about 15, But i heard that you will grow up to a year after getting your period, and then you're totally done.

I like being tall because I can pull off many looks and its easy to stay slim and look great in so may clothes. I have long legs so it's a nice perk to be able to wear awesome designer jeans. I also like dating tall guys and I like looking tall next to my boyfriend.

On the other hand, being short is awesome because you can flaunt heels all the time. I never want to wear heels, even though i love them SO much!

Guess it doesn't apply to me, my period was three years ago and I grew one cm this summer! BTW I would love to be as tall as you :smile:

how do you go about getting taller? i have a feeling i am 5'5 and im fourteen, i just dont want this to be.. it.

You don't have to worry too much about it. You're still fourteen. Maybe, you should try pilates. The exercises stretches your backbone. There's another tip of consuming lots of protein and calcium.

Good luck.

I guess I'm not 5'9 after all. I'm 5'10. No wonder why I didn't seem just an inch or two taller than my brother. Honestly I don't know my height. My first reply was 5'8, then 5'9 now I'm 5'10 :lol:

When I had my first menstrual I was probably 5'5-5'6. I must have been the exception because definitely I grew for after the first year.

Just found out a couple days ago that I am 5'6.
This entire time I've been thinking I was 5'7..

It happens to the best of us. I'm actually 5'8 but for a year or so, during my exchange year in Montreal, I thought I was 5'9, at least ! I had so-called growing pains (they weren't really painful), felt skinnier and towered over all the girls. In fact I think I actually grew, but only a centimeter... Then I checked and realized I was 5'8 haha. Now it's quite the contrary, I feel tiny. I think a lot of this whole height thing is psychological.

I'm a Boy from Chile and i'm going on exchange to study to europe next year, and i'm 5'7... I've always been the shortest guy at the class and always get bothered about it... so i got a little problems of self-steem with it... I know in europe people is way taller than where i'm from and i've never been there...

so i was wondering is you think i'm gonna look that much of short as i think, and if people is gonna look that much at my height and bothered at it ? it really scrares me :(

5'7'' isn't bad. My brother is about 5'5. Teehee.

5' 1.5"
T_T...Dreadful! It's hard to get taken seriously since people usually think, "Aww! So small and cute!"

I agree! I'm 5'0'' 105 lbs. Plus, I look really young most of the time so people treat me like I'm a little kid.

Hm.. I'm almost 23 years old, so I'm a grown *** woman! I still get asked when I graduate high school (5 years ago) or when I start college (Senior...)

Eventually it'll turn into a compliment when people mistake you for 10 years younger than you are. When you're 70 and someone tells you that you look 55, it'll be awesome. :lol:

models_vlada, don't worry. My brother is around 5'3", and he has a perfectly happy life, including an awesome wife (who is taller than him :D). Just be confident and don't let people make you feel bad about yourself. The most unattractive thing in a man isn't being short or tall, it's being unsure. Believe that you're fabulous, and you will be.

It sounds like a cliche, but you need to realize that most people don't care about how tall you are, they care about you as a person. You should also realize that 5'7" isn't short at all (the average male height in Chile is 5'6.5", so you're actually above average). If anyone makes fun of you for your height, just remember that they may be taller, but you're the better person because at least you're not intentionally making others feel bad about themselves. And if people aren't making fun of you, try not to focus on it yourself. Just pick out one or two things that you love about you (how smart you are, how great you look, stuff like that) and remember those when you start to feel bad.

Honestly, I'd rather be too short than too tall. I can always get my pants hemmed, but my 5'11" friend is happy if she can find a jacket with arms that come down to her wrists, regardless of how the rest of it looks.

I agree! I'm 5'0'' 105 lbs. Plus, I look really young most of the time so people treat me like I'm a little kid.

Hm.. I'm almost 23 years old, so I'm a grown *** woman! I still get asked when I graduate high school (5 years ago) or when I start college (Senior...)

I am nearly 23, 4'11" and about to graduate from University! I am asked for ID everywhere I go and singled out from my older looking friends. Not only am I small but I look young in the face as well, but I figure I'll be happy about that when I'm 30 :smile:

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->