Karl Lagerfeld (March 2010 - December 2012)

Status
Not open for further replies.
^Yeah I remember his Goyard luggage was featured prominently in one of the cruise documentaries back in mid-2005. And I feel like there was some featured in the H&M collaboration's ad a year earlier, too... The article's just making some drama.

Chanel HC F/W 10.11 show will be between the 5th and the 8th of July (I guess it'll be the 6th or 7th).

I didn't really like his latest couture collection appart from the dresses in Frida and Jac, so I want the next one to be amazing. I wish it took place at the Grand Palais... I'm alredy excited about it!

^ Good! It usually is on the Tuesday of fashion week, so the 6th I guess.. :wink:

Sounds like a must have to me!! :woot: B)

Mr. Lagerfeld Gives a History Class
By CATHY HORYNSome of you may remember “The Story of Fashion,” a three-part series that was first shown in 1987 on the A&E channel and was narrated by Karl Lagerfeld. The films have been reissued as a DVD set, and they are still pretty interesting and informative, if dated in places. Of course, the designers look astonishingly young. Mr. Lagerfeld, without his many rings, discusses everything from French court clothes to Mary Quant, and there are some fascinating bits with people such as the late illustrator Antonio Lopez. Produced by Arthaus Musik, the set is $49.99.

NYTimes 4/9/10

April 09, 2010
Karl Lagerfeld Speaks Out Against Same Sex Marriage, Gay Parents

By Hollie McKay
- FOXNews.com
Karl Lagerfeld is one of the biggest names in the flamboyant fashion design industry, but the German mogul wasn’t afraid to open up about his views against same-sex marriage and gay parents raising a family.
“I’m against it (gay marriage) for a very simple reason: In the 60's, they all said we had the right to the difference. And now, suddenly, they want a bourgeois life,” Lagerfeld recently told contemporary youth culture magazine, Vice. “For me it’s difficult to imagine—one of the papas at work and the other at home with the baby. How would that be for the baby? I don’t know. I see more lesbians married with babies than I see boys married with babies. And I also believe more in the relationship between mother and child than in that between and child.”
And not surprisingly, Lagerfeld’s words have hit others where it hurts.
“Absolutely (it is offensive). But that's Karl," says prominent Los Angeles stylist Phillip Bloch, whose client roster includes everyone from Halle Berry to Drew Barrymore to Mariah Carey. "Karl is about pushing a button and that's his point of view. That's why he's an expressionist and he is a reference. It's a matter of equality, we should pay the same taxes, we should be able to get married, we should all be able to vote, be up for the same jobs, we should all be allowed to be happy and we should all be allowed to be miserable.
"[Karl] is definitely a supremacist and of course he said, "Of course I think much more about the relationship with the [FONT=arial, sans-serif][FONT=arial, sans-serif]mother[/FONT][/FONT]and the child as opposed to the father and the child." Well, for someone who's so creative, how could you be so single-minded? It's very single-minded but it's Karl's way of thinking. I don't think it's wrong, I think it's funny and it's cute to me that Karl thinks that way.”
But could these very bold statements hurt his standing in the industry?
“Hell no! Karl Lagerfeld is one of those designers that has done some of the most amazing things I've ever seen, and some of the most hideous things I've ever seen,” Bloch continued. “It is part of the pathos that is him and it's just great. He is him, whether it's being futuristic, or couture, whether it is boho chic, it's just him and what I think is such an important train of thought is Karl thinks very one way, he does that job and I think another. My mind is open to more choices because that's how I work and people who do different jobs, their minds work in different ways.”
And despite reaching out to numerous big-wigs, very few were willing to comment given Lagerfeld’s hierarchy in the world of all things style and sophistication. However, Jon Barrett, Editor in Chief of The Advocate, just hopes the designer’s words will simply ignite the movement to overturn Prop 8.
“I completely respect Mr. Lagerfeld's disinterest in getting married and I hope that all of us--Karl Lagerfeld included--will soon have the legal freedom to decide whether or not to marry the person we love,” Umbach added.

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks like more fashion DVDs for me to buy...

And no idea who that stylist is, but I like this quote: "It is part of the pathos that is him and it's just great."

^ Phillip is always on E! doing red carpet and silly reality shows...you'd know him if you saw him...:wink:

Shooting in Argentina with Baptiste and Freja...B)

bapfreargentina.png

Chanel.com

COCO ROCHA IS THE FEMALE KARL LAGERFELD!!

Karl Lagerfeld dressed Coco Rocha exactly the way he would dress were he a girl for the Coca Cola light commercial. She got to wear his own clothes. Her blog notes that he not only dressed her as “the femme version of him” “he stopped the shoot and headed home to bring me a pair of his own gloves and then took off his tie pin and rings for me to wear!! Amazing!” QED, everyone should dress exactly the way Coco is dressed in this advertisement every day. Also, Coco, we are jealous and we hate you now.

TheGloss.com

Designer Karl Lagerfeld attends the Ralph Lauren dinner to celebrate a flagship store opening at Boulevard St Germain on April 14, 2010 in Paris, France.

98456786.jpg

GettyImages.com

I can not wait to see this!! :woot:

Karl said NON! pas question to the classic beach background and has decided to shoot the upcoming Pireli calendar in his Parisian studio. On those freshly twitted photos we don't see much except the fact that the girls are all wearing big fluffy robes ... which means they won't be wearing much, if not nothing on the final shots! Can't wait to see the photos.

Among the models for this new edition, Heidi Mount, Natasha Polly, Magdalena Frackowiak, Bianca Balti ... and even tho he is not on those two photos, I am also pretty sure that Baptiste Giabiconi will be part of the shoot.

***please do not post Pirelli pics***

Ohlalamag.com

Pirelli's lawyers do not want any of these photos on the web so please don't post them here, sorry. Even backstage pics are violating some legal agreements (Isabeli should not have posted them, and she's since taken them down).

My mom bought this bag a few years ago. Inside were a plastic card (at the pictures). I would like to know, what do you think about that. I haven't found this bag on internet but I think it's not a fake. The bag has a belt - it was twisted into a silk ferret.
dsc6297.jpg
dsc6296.jpg
dsc6295.jpg
dsc6298i.jpg

^We're probably not the people to ask in this thread... Somewhere in the purse forum may have some more knowledgeable members.

In other news, from Fashionologie:
>> Heidi Mount to Star in Karl Lagerfeld's Next Short Film; 2011 Pirelli Calendar to Include "Three or Four Boys" -Short films have become de rigeur for Chanel's pre-collection shows, and the upcoming Cruise 2011 season is no exception. Lagerfeld is shooting a minimovie shortly, starring Heidi Mount and French actor Pascal Greggory, which will be shown along with the collection on May 11 - press and VIPs will take it all in from the Cafe Senequier terrace in Saint Tropez. Lagerfeld, who is wrapping up shooting on the 2011 Pirelli calendar today, let slip that in addition to the usual cast of girls, his calendar will include “three or four boys in it, too.” The calendar will be unveiled Nov. 30 in Moscow.
[WWD, @LiveFashionWeek]

^ November 30th!! This is an outrage!! I was thinking more like, maybe today.... :cry:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alcatrazadam
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->