McQ by Alexander McQueen Fall 2010 Lookbook

Nicolasa

Reaction score
Women

fashiongonerogue.com

Last edited by a moderator:
wow. that's so plain!
i hate to say this because I love him so much, but I don't like it. the women collection. men's is quite okay, but still..what happened? seems like he was really bored of designing lately..

I think the men's collection is something McQueen himself would wear. I like it, it really prepresents his personality, the grungy, punky style that he had. He didn't dress very chic but he dressed in a real way that was different and I guess more normal to the average guy. In Vogue I read that he wore baggy jeans and if you saw him walk by you would not think he was a fashion designer. Thats ones thing that I really admired about McQueen, that you dont have to dress extreme chic to make beautiful clothes.

there are nice things there !!! this is not my style, but this IS a style...

i like it! the styling is actually very creative,very quirky and moody. the women's kind of reminds me of siouxsie in their spellbound video. it's definitely not fashion-y at all....which is a good thing for once.

Last edited by a moderator:
very grungy...not my style but definitely looks good:smile: i'd wear certain pieces for sure. the checks, the tailoring...the round glasses look fun:D

There are a few pieces you could wear separately, but this is not my style.

McQueen is a genius, but this collection-- the McQ line is genuinely terrible. Very throwaway, thrift store, and stealing from other designers' past collection to patch a disposable collection with the McQueen name.

Those men's plaid patchwork shirts and sweaters is so Dolce & Gabbana circa Fall 1993 meets Junya Watanabe signature. That women's denim skirt made from different parts of jeans is very Gaultier circa early 1990s. Everything else may be found at the thrift store if one has the time. It's just such a Frankenstein collection.

I'm surprised Lee even agreed on a diffusion line to begin with, as he was very unhappy when he was with Givenchy and had to play by their rules and had to sell.

I think the collections are pretty okay. I'd wear a few of the pieces and mix them with other things I already have.

I think if he was more in control of McQ , it wouldn't look that bad.

I can tell by the collection, that he was going into a gloomy state of mind.

Damn it I miss him so.

The only designer that really spoke to me, in a way I can truly relate.

I actually really like this,ok not all of it but the fast majority. It is a little bit punky little and a bit dirty and grungy!! It not to clean cut or taking its self to seriously I think its more wearable then alot of pieces out there. And as for people saying its something hed wear him self, isnt that a good thing?? surely you wouldnt design pieces you dont like or put your heart into there for they would be something you would wear your self right?

i'm a little tired of the grunge look but i love that one plaid dress. the more i look at it though it looks like fruits.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
effettovetro
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->