F/W 2015.16 Campaign Wishlist & Model Casting Discussion, Guesses and Reactions

It's so depressing to look at Creative's list (thanks, btw. :flower:). Luckily there's still hope with so much of the blue chip campaigns to follow. It's just, girls like Chiharu Okunugi, Alisa Ahmann and Ine Neefs already had a lackluster S/S, and now their chances are even slimmer. All these celebrities and top models are making it so much harder for newer models to break through!

I'm assuming Anna Ewers will obviously show up at Alexander Wang, and Nobis at Dior, but hopefully Julia Bergshoeff will get something substantial.

Did Julia Nobis eventually end up with the most campaigns last season?

Prada just showed a preview of the campaign on ig and it's Lineisy!!! So epic.

Hao Yunxiang posted on his FB that he was shooting for a major campaign at Next Model Management London.

Prada previews. I can actually imagine some people being convinced one of these girls is Natasha, Joan or Snejana....

Perhaps Aya on the right?

11429647_117889885214677_86461376_n.jpg

11356408_860618324017030_1382022304_n.jpg

instagram/prada

It's not in colour?? This collection had such beautiful colours and we wont see it in the campaign? Also, the first shot looks like a backstage shot.

I have no idea who it could be....

Just saw this on Bellazon, it kind of looks fake so I post it here before creating a new thread:

Natasha Poly and Theo James for Hugo Boss "The Scent"

005y_YQOngw1etpjslk80vj30ny07xdhi.jpg

LucaNatashaFan on Bellazon

Oh, yes, it looks super fan-made. :ninja: But I guess it's the actual campaign...

No ads in Vogue UK August. I think campaigns were never this late since Internet exists.

No ads in Vogue UK August. I think campaigns were never this late since Internet exists.

I think if there's nothing in American or Italian Vogue's August issues, we can safely presume this delay was intentional. Everybody has been weeping and wailing about the speed of commerce in fashion, maybe the retailers had enough. If the blue chips decides only to release their campaigns in September, then it must be due to pressure from retailers etc. This would sort of defeat the purpose imo because a lot of magazines are already shooting autumn looks in July/August.

Last edited by a moderator:
^Yes! My thoughts exactly. I also think it's intentional. It has to be. But, at the same time, it feels quite weird seeing FW looks in the magazines (even in July) and then no winter ads at all.

And it's also weird how brands from the same holding (LVMH) release their campaigns in such different timings. Loewe right after the show. Fendi in what used to be the normal time. And Dior... super late.

Would love to see a good informed article approaching this issue with info from marketing/advertising directors of the top brands.

Last edited by a moderator:
Resort and Pre-fall are being retailed longer because they've become increasingly popular and valuable. I think that's why those ads run longer in magazines. But do we know if there are no new ads in Vogue or Elle UK?

^My Vogue subscription arrived this morning and I can confirm there are no new adverts inside. As I mentioned in the Vogue thread, there is only a new shot of Kendall Jenner for Fendi. We've seen the majority of the Fall adverts super early this year!

I haven't seen the August issue of Vogue out yet, but Vogue28 couldn't spot any unreleased campaigns in his copy (he must be a subscriber because they're the first ones to get the new issues). It would be very odd if none of the blue chips chose to advertise in British Vogue considering the magazine is just about the primary point of authority or entry into to the British luxury demographic. Alexandra should wage war if that's the case (it's bad enough London Fashion Week is regarded as the lesser).

I think Chanel and Dior are still in time with releasing their campaigns. I just hope they will come out the next few days.

I haven't seen the August issue of Vogue out yet, but Vogue28 couldn't spot any unreleased campaigns in his copy (he must be a subscriber because they're the first ones to get the new issues). It would be very odd if none of the blue chips chose to advertise in British Vogue considering the magazine is just about the primary point of authority or entry into to the British luxury demographic. Alexandra should wage war if that's the case (it's bad enough London Fashion Week is regarded as the lesser).

There's still the likes of Christian Dior and Chanel inside Vogue's August issue - just the adverts with Rihanna and Cara/Pharrell.

Resort and Pre-fall are being retailed longer because they've become increasingly popular and valuable. I think that's why those ads run longer in magazines. But do we know if there are no new ads in Vogue or Elle UK?

Sure, that must be one of the reasons. But, then, why they release the Pre-fall campaign so early? Chanel, for example, did it in March, and pre-Fall doesn't hit stores till May-June.

Anyway, I think 'fashion' campaigns are less and less published in magazines (September and March aside). Right now I see more eyewear, perfume or accessories than ever.

This is just in from WWD (and by clicking on the link I probably furthered her cause...:lol:)

Kendall Jenner Talks Calvin Klein Underwear

The 19-year-old model was shot with Joan Smalls, Isabeli Fontana and Edita Vilkeviciute. The ads break at the end of the month.

Shot by Mikael Jansson in New York, the campaign features individual portraits of the models showcasing an elevated assortment of embroidered lace sling balconettes (a shelf bra that lifts the breasts to enhance their appearance, shape and cleavage), plunge-neck chemises and bodysuits in seductive fits. The ads will focus on the higher-end product, Calvin Klein Black.

This girl is backed by all the big guns! It's really crazy at this stage. Of course the article had to emphasize her gazillion social media followers as well. Ugh!

This is just in from WWD (and by clicking on the link I probably furthered her cause...:lol:)

This girl is backed by all the big guns! It's really crazy at this stage. Of course the article had to emphasize her gazillion social media followers as well. Ugh!

Paying Bieber isn't in the mens campaign. :(:blush::shock:

So Chanel is Anna Ewers and Linsey Wixson. Still nothing on Dior. I knew something would come from Karl working with Anna for Numéro, but I was expecting it to be Fendi. How weird is it that US V got first dibs on Chanel, and the rest must wait until Sept? The power of Wintour.

So with Chanel out, we're now still waiting on:

Dior
Calvin Klein
Chloe
Donna Karan
Proenza Schouler
Pucci (??)
Hermes
Kenzo
Oscar de la Renta
Missoni
Sonia Rykiel