F/W 2015.16 Campaign Wishlist & Model Casting Discussion, Guesses and Reactions

Many campaigns are released in June (and we had a sneak peek of the Prada ad by the 30th of April of last year, Versace around the 20 of May...) and it's almost May and we have no rumors at all. I'm honestly surprised. And I really miss when we had so much fun with all the guesses and rumors... It looks like everybody lost their interest in fashion. There's barely no excitement anymore. Maybe it is because it is actually less exciting...

Agreed. I remember around 2010-2012 when I was obsessively checking these kind of threads to see if there was some news. Then, when seasons went by, there was lesser and lesser news until we've reached the point (right now) where there's almost no news. Thank God for Instagram, so we can check who's where but it doesn't feel the same.

I'm probably going to be disappointed by 80% of the campaign news this season. Like you say, nothing is exciting anymore.

Yesterday Gisele shot the Fall Stuart Weitzman campaign in LA.

Doutzen shot something in Paris with Carlyne Cerf De Dudzeele, I think it was for campaign.

i don't get that excited because i wish more newer girls would get them, but they don't. they pick social media models or gisele.

anlabe32 and gossiping, I agree with both of you. I also feel that brands (Creative Directors) are more and more lazy, therefore the final outcome is more and more generic. Many of the models are not models anymore but actresses, 'it' girls or Gisele as Gisele and Kate as Kate.

Also, everything is more predictable than ever. You know how Saint Laurent, Céline (which I usually love, but it's starting to bore me), Lanvin, Vuitton or D&G (just some examples)are going to look.

And every season all the eyes are on that one show and campaign that concetrate all the hype because of a change in the Creative Direction. That hype lasts three seasons then it becomes a total bore (Saint Laurent, and despite my love for Ghesquière, LV). And we are all seeking for that one 'viral' show and its campaign that make us talk again (Gucci this season). It's sort of sad. Maybe it is jut fashion fatigue, but I want to believe it actually isn't.

Last edited by a moderator:
Fernanda Ly (the girl with the pink hair) was spotted in Barcelona, Spain where LV is shooting the Fall/Winter ad. Potentially got the campaign? Not really surprised by the choice seems like an obvious choice. Hopefully more girls are included.

Last edited by a moderator:
^ if that is true (though I doubt it) than it's exactly what we're talking about.
A plain girl who's nearly 1.68 dyes her hair pink, suddenly gets booked for a show, gets people on Instagram talking and gets a LV campaign... While no one would care for her if she had black hair.
That's how things go right now. No skills required, just hype. Lucky Blue Smith...

^ You are aware that most models are over hyped, yes? That's what they build their careers on.

Fernanda for LV would be pretty cool.

What annoys me is when campaigns include things like traffic cones (cough) that take up a whole shot. I get it, you're trying to be artistic, but I can see a traffic cone any time on the street. Give me something more.

Many campaigns are released in June (and we had a sneak peek of the Prada ad by the 30th of April of last year, Versace around the 20 of May...) and it's almost May and we have no rumors at all. I'm honestly surprised. And I really miss when we had so much fun with all the guesses and rumors... It looks like everybody lost their interest in fashion. There's barely no excitement anymore. Maybe it is because it is actually less exciting...

I agree. It's not very exciting anymore.

anybody knows what Issa Lish & Anna Ewers r shooting at LA? maybe Wang or Balenciaga Campaign?

I'm tired of Gisele. Every time I see her in a magazine I flip right past her.

I'm tired of Gisele. Every time I see her in a magazine I flip right past her.

God, me too!! She apparently retired from the runway now, how about taking a break from the industry as well? I hope at least Stuart Weitzman serves up a better concept than the last.

Gisele back in NYC and had shoot with Katie Grand, Probably again Sonia Rykiel campaign (or Love Magazine) In LA Joan, Doutzen, Irina and Lily are shooting For W Magazine, Maybe Anna and Issa are part of this project too. If it's not for W, hope for Wang Campaign. Ewers for Wang is everything :wub:

Creative, very good post! one of the reasons you can see on the s/s15 voting for best campaigns that valentino is doing well is because yes they do have this "dreamy" thing every season but they change it, it's a different photographer, different girls (NEW GIRLS that worked hard during the runway season) different location

I was really hoping Bhumkia would be part of the Wang campaign. Anna again? wonder if she will have her legs spread open again :rolleyes:

I was really hoping Bhumkia would be part of the Wang campaign. Anna again? wonder if she will have her legs spread open again :rolleyes:

While I know the context, I still find this part so hilarious. I expect Anna will book quite a few campaigns this season, she's been the toast of the town.

I want Daphne G to get some attention. She's been looking beautiful lately but didn't have the best fashion month..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->