Model of 2006

I sense a crossover from top model to supermodel from Gemma and Daria this year.

And the big models will be Du Juan, Sasha and Vlada!

"Comback" models

I think there will be a huge resurgence of some of the biggest models of the late 90's-early 00's. Now that Tasha T. is back full force, prepare for Malgosia, Omahyra, and who knows? Possibly the likes of Fanni Bostrom, Kiara K., and Maggie Rizer. could find themselves walking the runways one more time. I would :heart: to see more Erin O'Conner as well ^_^

As for the n00bs, I think that Sasha will become a runway top, and I would not be suprised if this was one of the last serious runway seasons for Daria, Gemma, and Liya, as they all will become 'supers' (well, Liya sort of is one already :smile:)

However, I think these cool chicas will be the ones that will be all over Europe for fashion week, and will grab all the huge ads and eds.

1. Hilary Rhoda- I don't really like her, but the designers do. After all, she got the only 'only girl' ad out of the Balenciaga bunch, and she all but monopolized s/s 06 Paris. This one is like a wildfire- just keeps spreading.
2. Irina- They love that whole 'androdg' thing in Europe. She seemed to have gotten covers and edits within moments of arriving on the scene.
3. Snejana- Too beautiful to forget, and Behati- already a Marc Jacobs fave. Unimpressive in ads, but she has a good walk.
4. Mona J- She is such a gorgeous model, and height is less of an issue in Milan/Paris shows
5. Felicity Gilbert- See above
6. Bette Franke- Getting lotsa hype, as well as the love of Meisel (Vouge Italia) and Demarchlier (French Vouge). She has the strongest editorial showing of any of the young models at the moment.
7. Asian model trends put Du Juan and Anne Wantanabe at a good position
8. Freja- I really don't like this one, but she is doing well. She did Balenciaga ads and loads of runway milage.
9. Some of the 'almost famous' models, such as Cintia and Mariana, may get there big breaks this year. Both seem to get good shows in Milan, not to mention they are both very pretty.
10. Tanya D- Would be higher on the list, but she did not do a single NYC fashion show. However, she has done pretty well in the ad's dept. all ready, with Hugo and YSL, so she cannot be ignored.

Honerable Mentions- Camila Finn will probably grab a few of the top Euro shows, despite being a too young fourteen... If the European shows love Heather Bratton as much as they did last year, then I think this one should be logging edits and ads left and right... Lisa Cant and Natasha P are two old favorites that should be getting to Gemma/Daria level soon... They call her sizziling Solange for a reason, and I don't think she is going anywhere.

Last edited by a moderator:
KhaoticKharma said:
I think there will be a huge resurgence of some of the biggest models of the late 90's-early 00's. Now that Tasha T. is back full force, prepare for Malgosia, Omahyra, and who knows? Possibly the likes of Fanni Bostrom, Kiara K., and Maggie Rizer. could find themselves walking the runways one more time. I would :heart: to see more Erin O'Conner as well ^_^

As for the n00bs, I think that Sasha will become a runway top, and I would not be suprised if this was one of the last serious runway seasons for Daria, Gemma, and Liya, as they all will become 'supers' (well, Liya sort of is one already :smile:)

However, I think these cool chicas will be the ones that will be all over Europe for fashion week, and will grab all the huge ads and eds.

1. Hilary Rhoda- I don't really like her, but the designers do. After all, she got the only 'only girl' ad out of the Balenciaga bunch, and she all but monopolized s/s 06 Paris. This one is like a wildfire- just keeps spreading.
2. Irina- They love that whole 'androdg' thing in Europe. She seemed to have gotten covers and edits within moments of arriving on the scene.
3. Snejana- Too beautiful to forget, and Behati- already a Marc Jacobs fave. Unimpressive in ads, but she has a good walk.
4. Mona J- She is such a gorgeous model, and height is less of an issue in Milan/Paris shows
5. Felicity Gilbert- See above
6. Bette Franke- Getting lotsa hype, as well as the love of Meisel (Vouge Italia) and Demarchlier (French Vouge). She has the strongest editorial showing of any of the young models at the moment.
7. Asian model trends put Du Juan and Anne Wantanabe at a good position
8. Freja- I really don't like this one, but she is doing well. She did Balenciaga ads and loads of runway milage.
9. Some of the 'almost famous' models, such as Cintia and Mariana, may get there big breaks this year. Both seem to get good shows in Milan, not to mention they are both very pretty.
10. Tanya D- Would be higher on the list, but she did not do a single NYC fashion show. However, she has done pretty well in the ad's dept. all ready, with Hugo and YSL, so she cannot be ignored.

Honerable Mentions- Camila Finn will probably grab a few of the top Euro shows, despite being a too young fourteen... If the European shows love Heather Bratton as much as they did last year, then I think this one should be logging edits and ads left and right... Lisa Cant and Natasha P are two old favorites that should be getting to Gemma/Daria level soon... They call her sizziling Solange for a reason, and I don't think she is going anywhere.

Who's Mariana?

Ana Beatrizzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz Barrrrrros

Bumping this thread to bring it back to the present time. This way the server switching error will be undone.

I would place my bet on snejana and claudia merikula, but I'm not sure how much claudia's agency will allow her to work. She hasn't been doing too many editorials, but I don't think that's from lack of offers... but anyway there seems to be more of a group of it-models instead of one standout.

newish girls:
Hilary Rhoda
Irina
Bette

Established Girls who will just be huge:
Sasha
Marta! she got a lot of campaignes for s/s 06 and shes doing all the shows

I think Maria Carla or Sasha, I don't like either of them that much but can't deny that they're going to be big this year!

After looking through the f/ winter shows, I am IN LOVE with Better Franke - and Sophie Vlaming.

I loved Sasha in last year's Prada ads, but this season I'm luke warm.

I think Claudia Merikula is gorgeous, but haven't seen much of her.

and...I did not know Camilla Finn was 14???!!!

Sasha Pivovarova's gorgeous.
But as much as I adore <b>Gemma Ward</b>, I actually think <b>Heather Marks</b> might take it this year.

marks-4.jpg

<i>Source: Google image search, dantri.com.vn</i>

<b>Kate Moss</b> might make a come-back.

kate%20moss-712118.jpg

<i>Source: Google Image search, ideagrove.com/blog</i>

just judging from the FW shows now, it has to be Irina. She's in almost every show, no matter if it's big name or not.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
duckyjeanjo
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->