Models Who Were One-Hit Wonders

Loved Alison!!

I don’t think Iris Strubegger would be considered a one-hit wonder. She had many good seasons.

I think a lot of Paul Rowlands girls from the mid-aughts are one-hit wonders- Ursula Konina, Rachel Alexander, Cecilia Mendez, Sheila Marquez (as much as I hate to admit that one), Andressa Fontana, etc.

Also, Ally Ertel, Maria Loks, Laura Kampman, Drake Burnette, Alix Angeli, Melissa Stasiuk, Myf Shepard.
Iris is a total one hit wonder, she was supposed to be so much more than what she later became. I remember her being hyped to the moon in her first 2 seasons by Carine, Karl and a few more people.

Tilda Lindstam?

Im not sure if many models mentioned here can be considered one-hit wonders bc model careers tend to be short, most models have like 3 or 4 seasons doing well and then just do random jobs is totally normal

I was just about to comment on Tilda Lindstam! I don't think she can really be considered a "one hit wonder" because she's lasted for a few seasons and I can't remember a specific season during which she dropped quality/quantity of shows significantly.
Yet again, she was literally everywhere early to mid 2010s and she just disappeared. She was also very active on social media and stopped posting overnight.

Lisa Cant was NOT a one hit wonder. Neither were Heather Marks and Anna Jag.

Heidi Mount was the most bizarre trend ever. I seem to remember some awful stuff with her boyfriend or something?
Anna J. was major in the 00's, disappeared for a while and then made a comeback. I remember the queens here going crazy about Anna 2.0.

Anyway, it could even be its own thread : "Why were models who were major once, yet disappeared and but are still doing odd jobs?" So many ladies mentioned here are still doing B-C-D list covers and editorials. Anna J. has done Viva Moda! cover in 2019, Madame Germany in 2020, Elle Poland in 2023, like what drives her?

Ashley Good stepped away from modeling when she got pregnant. She was one of the top models at the time and would've remained so for a while, otherwise. Anna J had a relatively long stint as a very successful model, so I wouldn't say she's a one-hit wonder. She's just one of those girls who got tossed aside as she got older, you know like older than 25. Julia Saner left the business voluntarily b/c she found it destructive to her health. Tindi Mar was the flavor of the month for like one season. I thought she would hit it big but that never materialized. Heidi Mount hit it big because of the pull that IMG had but in the end the market just moved on from her after like 2 years. Same for Charlee Fraser who I would say was a one-hit wonder.

Charlee pivoted to acting. She was in Furiosa and Anyone But You.

Anyway, it could even be its own thread : "Why were models who were major once, yet disappeared and but are still doing odd jobs?" So many ladies mentioned here are still doing B-C-D list covers and editorials. Anna J. has done Viva Moda! cover in 2019, Madame Germany in 2020, Elle Poland in 2023, like what drives her?

Vanessa Moody comes to mind.

Is her moment over already?!
Yup, came and went in the span of 2 seasons... but she had a strong run those two seasons, that's for sure.

Vanessa Moody comes to mind.
Vanessa had a good comeback last season, which shocked me tremendously because she seemed like a filler casting choice even at the peak of her career. @GoldenPetals Jac, I'd say, is also still doing decently well after her maternity leave, though both models undoubtedly had their respective moments where they were very evidently booking random jobs to stay afloat career-wise.

Maayan Keret in the 90's (I took her name as my nickname because I liked it). Walked for Kenzo, DKNY, Lolita Lempicka, D&G, Christian Lacroix, Jean-Paul Gaultier, Balenciaga, Cerruti, Yohji Yamamoto, Junya Watanabe, Karl Lagerfeld, etc, etc. Became Yves Saint Laurent's muse and closed his RTW FW 1994, HC FW 1994 and SS 1995 show as the bride, replacing Lucie de La Falaise. Her last runway appearance was in 1997 for Dries van Noten.
6.jpg 9.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
156sprinter
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->