Who Will Sweep Up at the S/S 2011 shows?

Kirsi is rumored to be about 6'2" or 188 cm (She's a few cms taller than Frida). But actually, the more I think of it, there haven't really been any keyshows or shows worth doing yet in NY, except maybe Alexander Wang. For all we know, she could've been shooting something in the past few days.

Is it just me or does anyone else feel the new faces' bookings this season are more...erratic?

Is it possible that DNA wants to keep Kirsi fresh for Milan??

Kirsi is the girl they want to keep as high class as possible probably
I know DNA isnt very just send our girls everywhere they are very selective
but Kirsi is super tall

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't think the issue is as much about Kirsi's height as it is about her feet (Although I guess one is relative to another)...it exceeds most sample sizes, and thus she would not be an ideal shoe fit in many situations.

^Yeah, I noticed that too in the Herrera live stream when they were standing next to each other in the finale. I love it, that she's so tall :heart: Irina was there, too so I'm guessing they had dresses and shoes big enough for these girls there :lol:

Do they actually scale up the runway attire for extremely long girls like Karlie or Kirsi? I simply cannot imagine those 186cm (+) girls to fit the same samples as the cheerful little ants like jigging Ms Pivovarova? That's a size difference of like 14cm..

Well, to me the girl of the season is Daria Strokous...the girl's is walking every major show so far: Wang, Marc, Rodarte, Kors, Narciso R, Herve L., Carolina H, Donna K., Preen, Altuzarra, Rag and Bone...etc etc...i can only imagine how her Milan/Paris season will be...

^I noticed that as well. I never got her appeal but good for her I guess.

Melodie Monrose seems to be quite many places as well. I wonder if Wilhelmina will send her to Milan and Paris. I'd love for her to make it all the way.

Otherwise, there is no doubt that there is a strong Asian trend going on. The five Vogue China seem to be doing wonderfully. Liu Wen, Shu Pei and Tao Okamoto are already heavy bookers but Ming Xi and Sun Feifei seem to have caught up just as well. I wouldn't be surprised if we saw most of them at most blue-chipped show around each city.

A few of us have become infatuated with Kristina Romanova. :heart:

ETA:
Although she's very young and I am not a fan of teeny boppers in high fashion, however, in fairness to her, she has not done a ton of shows and I am OK with a young model doing the cute and youthful shows and she's done a mix.

^Kristina was so perfect for Anna Sui. As soon as I saw her walk I just had to know who it was, don't remember the last time someone made such an impression on me.

Daria Strokous is such a weird case to me. Maybe I just wasn't paying attention before but I always thought she was one of those filler models who mostly did second rate shows and then, I think it was last season, she was just everywhere. I don't understand where it all came from.

^Kristina is actually the first model to make me stop while searching thru a collection. As for Daria, I think it's because she is a Meisel favorite currently.

i'm not sure if this holds any weight because of their previous model predictions, but an article from the cut:

New York Fashion Week's Top Ten Models:

Daphne Groeneveld: First came her Miu Miu fall 2010 campaign, then she modeled for Givenchy's fall 2010 couture collection. Now Daphne Groeneveld opened for Calvin Klein (seen here), as an exclusive.

Sessilee Lopez: No stranger to the runways, the Philly native opened for two of New York's buzzed-about shows: Z-Spoke by Zac Posen and Imitation (seen here).

Julia Nobis: Known for her tomboy, punk-rock aesthetic, Australian model Julia Nobis looked super-sophisticated opening and closing for Proenza Schouler (seen here).

Jac: Last season's winner, Jac, might have slid down a few notches, but she still snagged the first look at Tommy Hilfiger (seen here).

Julija Step: Now in her third New York Fashion Week, Lithuanian beauty Julija Step hit it out of park when she scored Rodarte (seen here) and Jill Stuart's opening looks.

Frida Gustvasson: The current face of Marc Jacobs and Anna Sui cosmetics also reported for opening duty at Marc by Marc Jacobs (seen here) and Anna Sui.

Karmen Pedaru: Karmen Pedaru is following the well-established footsteps of fellow Estonian Carmen Kass as Michael Kors' latest model du jour. Here she is opening that show, alongside Simon Nessman.

Caroline Brasch Nielsen: The rookie with the most cake this season was Caroline Brasch Nielsen, who scored major opening slots, including Narciso Rodriguez (seen here).

Freja Beha: Danish model Freja Beha went from fifth place last year to second this year; here she is closing out Alexander Wang.

Karlie Kloss: Karlie Kloss is unstoppable. The modeling supernova had the opening and closing looks at Oscar de Renta and Donna Karan (seen here).

nymag

^Can't say I agree entirely with that list. No mention of Anais Mali who's done 15 shows? And Sessilee Lopez is on it because she openend Z-Spoke? :lol: No mention of Kirsi who has done all the major shows? The list seems a bit random.

Kristina looks awesome, but for me she's just the pretty child-ish Russian bee that will get expose for a few seasons but never really make it to some high end campaigns / mainstream covers a la Yulia K, Anastasia @ Next and so on.

May i admit that the following girls were über major NY disappointments?

Erin Axtell
Hildie Gifstad
Olivia Gordon
Ashley Smith
Hanna Brüning
Irina Shipunova
Fabiana Meyer

Sessilee Lopez a top ten girl in New York? You have got to be kidding? What are they smoking over there at "The Cut"?

She possibly had the worst week of all the established girls, mostly booking a few tiny shows and presentations (!).

If you read the article at the website it was about models who open and close. Not about how many shows each girl walked.

Kristina looks awesome, but for me she's just the pretty child-ish Russian bee that will get expose for a few seasons but never really make it to some high end campaigns / mainstream covers a la Yulia K, Anastasia @ Next and so on.

May i admit that the following girls were über major NY disappointments?

Erin Axtell
Hildie Gifstad
Olivia Gordon
Ashley Smith
Hanna Brüning

Irina Shipunova
Fabiana Meyer

Although those two were quite disappointing I don't think they had disastrous NY showings like those other girls. Barbara Palvin, Dafne Cejas and Helle Platou certainly deserve to be on your list.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->